200ci Echo -1955 Rebuild's His 1965 Mustang 200 I6 Block.

This applies only to 200ci
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well how does this look… for starters..
rearmainropssealbottom.jpg

This is as hard as I could push down on the crank and I see a crack at the bearings.
When I torque this down will it make a better seal at the end joints?
rearmailropeseal.jpg

it took a half box of razor blades to cut this sucker..

if this dont look good enough , say so. ya ant going to hert my feelings.. :mrgreen:

hahahahahh Hey woodbutcher… now that is funny.. heck I’m glad you asked why..
When we were kids my dad always told us..

“”Son in this world there are only 2 GATES…
The Fast Gate
And
The Slow GATE..
Both of you two boys are always coming out the slow GATE””

It wasn’t until after we got out of the Corps that we realized what that GATE was all about. He was an avid gambler on horse racing…. Darn good at it to..

So I is still always coming out that darn old slow GATE.
It has been drilled in me by someone that really knows the difference… :mrgreen:

Your Grandfather is steel on target… and I wont forget “”Better slow and sure..”” (y)

:( Hi echo.Grandfather passed on at age 85 in 1955.His first job in this country after coming here from Germany,was riding horseback and chasing Indians with the US Cavalry.
He had some tales to tell.
Leo

Well how does this look… for starters.

That seal install looks good enough to me from over here :unsure: Only other thing you might do is polish up the crank’s area were that seal rubs against (if the cam is in) than your ready to lay the crank and finish up the rest of short block. (y)

Thank you bubba…
I did notice the surface area and it did not have a worn seal type grove.
I didn’t think to polish it. I will use some emery cloth.
Good catch…. (y)

The cam is in just waiting to settle the bolt issue with it... :unsure:

By the way.. I will wait for the new rear seal to come in…
This rope seal has me on the ropes.. :mrgreen:

Good oil priming tool for the early inline six.
Use the original oil pump Intermediate Shaft:
Use 1/4" 8mm 6 point socket:
Use Long 1/4” x 6” extension and cut the ratchet end off.:
oilprimingtool.jpg

Works grrrrrrreat… (y)

You can get a new Intermediate shaft HERE

Hey echo, the only thing I'd add to your oil-pump priming tool is some electrical tape to the joints. It really sucks when you drop a piece of it in the pan....BTDT.

Hey '68falconohio.. hows this.. hell I feel better already and I tant even close to needing it yet..
oilpumpprimertool.jpg

If I drop this sucked down in the oil pan I will quit my new-found job of motor rebuilding… :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

NewHead.jpg

NewOilPan.jpg

MewCarbs_SCV.jpg

I got my Carb (my new SC Valves), head and oil pan ready to bolt up.
Waiting on 3 carb Ofy manifold. Should ship 14 Feb?
Waiting on rocker assembly…

If I have to I will use my stock exhaust for break-in
Add the dual headers afterwards.. ??

Taking shape… :p

I got my Carb (my new SC Valves),

Aren’t you going to use a later distributor? IE like a 68 up points type, a DSII or DUI. If so the 1101 would be better chose and save you some work modding them. In the case that you are keeping the LOD dist. only the center carb needs a hookup the end carbs would be plugged.

MPGmustang":21e96522 said:
I thought you were going for the alum head, what's this tri-carb setup???

I'm jealous, oh so jealous...

MPG it was always about Tri Carbs

The whole reasoning for this build was to go with a tri carb set up.
At that time mike said he would have a tri carb manifold ready before I was ready.

Well that did not go as plan. Mike doesn’t know when he will have a tri setup ready.
So I go with plan B.

That is with the log head modified and the ofy tri carb manifold.
I believe the Autolite 1100 will fit with out having to drop the engine or cut the hood.

I will machine a plug for the SCV… because I could not get 3 1100 w/o the SCV..

If and when Mike ever comes out with a tri carb manifold and I’m still kicking I will use it.

Mean while I have a Tri Carb set up with good eye candy and some increase in performance..

My original objective.. :mrgreen:
Man I'm so easy to work with... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

bubba22349":2owosiwr said:
I got my Carb (my new SC Valves),

Aren’t you going to use a later distributor? IE like a 68 up points type, a DSII or DUI. If so the 1101 would be better chose and save you some work modding them. In the case that you are keeping the LOD dist. only the center carb needs a hookup the end carbs would be plugged.

Yea I forgot to note that small 400.00 detail... :mrgreen:

I could get only one 1101 and I did not want to mix and match. I will be using a DUI.
I will also be running all 3 carbs as one unit.

I believe these carbs are rated around 180 CFM? So running all three together will allow me to get peak performance at all throttle from idle to WOT..

MPGs is not one of my objectives
whata ya thunk..??? :mrgreen:

I will also be running all 3 carbs as one unit.

I believe these carbs are rated around 180 CFM? So running all three together will allow me to get peak performance at all throttle from idle to WOT..

MPGs is not one of my objectives
whata ya thunk..??? :mrgreen:

I have always liked a multi carb set up and especially tri power so my vote is too go for it, :nod: might be slightly more time at first to get the tune just right. :unsure: You could always swap out the straight linkage for progressive if dose not work as well as you like. Have been hunting for a couple Holley 1904 cores (glass bowels) for the old 54 “223” six project it will also be straight linkage. (y)

Hey Echo,
I'm over in Chandler, AZ near MPGMustang. I'll be rebuilding my 200 soon too, but going alot more low buck than you! I'll be watching this post to see how it all works out.
Good luck!

Hey Roy...what's up with the black engine paint? Is that period specific for 1965 or do you just like black?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back