200ci Echo -1955 Rebuild's His 1965 Mustang 200 I6 Block.

This applies only to 200ci
Status
Not open for further replies.
Work In Progress Part IV

OK I have finished the build up to installing my roller rockers. Mike says he should have them ready for distribution around late spring or early summer.
By my calendar it is near time.

Just waiting on them little guys now to finish this motor..
I have 2 new videos part III and IV that shows what I have completed and as usual there is a bit of humor to. :mrgreen:

Looking goooooood :beer:

echo1955":3bg8lf5f said:
Looking goooooood

Yes sir! Like the monkey said when he got his tail cut-off...'ain't long now' :LOL:

Did you figure out what the deal was with your dual roller setup? :unsure:

Gotta say my favorite is Part II - The Five Families :rolflmao: :rolflmao: ...but it's coming along nicely Echo (y)

Well I give that monkey kudos for looking at the up side… Never mind his loss of blood, maybe some shock and da pain…. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

The machine shop said the ID of the crank sprocket was almost 0.002 to big. I checked the part number on the set and it indicated it was for a Ford JP 5608 to suit Canadian Block 250cui six cylinder.
http://www.jp.com.au/TimingChainSets.html

I could have used it but I did not want my daughter driving to some car show 10 years down the road with a good running engine. Then shut the engine off only to find when she got ready to leave the car wouldn’t start because of chain wear and a jumped tooth.

I believe the stock chain will out live her… I will keep the dual roller just in case down the road someone decides the dual is worth the effort…

Part II is my favorite to. It took me 3 weeks and 20 or 30 remakes to get what I ended up with.
I just could not remember all the lines… :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

There are 5 scenes that references 5 other movie scenes. The Godfather is the obvious…
Can ya guess the other 4 movies …..?? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Work In Progress Part IV

:beer: Hi Echo1955.Looking good.Probably the best done videos that I have seen on a web site that were not professionally done.
Semper Fi Marine.
Leo

Hey woodbutcher…

Just for funzees… In part II the meet at the beginning has lines from 4 movies.
1: (Also Known As) from Analyze This
2: (Smack Your Momma) from Smoky And The Bandit
3: (Belt Buckle) from My Cousin Vinny
4: (Mr Orange) from Reservoir Dogs
Mr Orange was the undercover cop that spoiled the jewel robbery that got everyone whacked.. :mrgreen:

OK OK back to serious stuff....

I put my head on last Friday and the pushrods that came with the kit was almost to long..
PushrodsLong.jpg

Using an adjustable pushrod I need them to be 8.07” long. I ordered them from Clay Smith. Should have them sometime this week or next…?
002PushrodCIL.jpg

I had my machine shop make some air breather adapters for me… they are real sharp…
CarbFilterAdapters.jpg

This is the finished crab set up…
006CarbCIL.jpg

001CarbSideCIL.jpg

getteN close now…… :beer:

echo1955":1ts50832 said:
I could have used it but I did not want my daughter driving to some car show 10 years down the road with a good running engine. Then shut the engine off only to find when she got ready to leave the car wouldn’t start because of chain wear and a jumped tooth.

I believe the stock chain will out live her… I will keep the dual roller just in case down the road someone decides the dual is worth the effort…

I don't understand these two statements.
If you think a stock chain should last ten years without stretching you're delusional.
The advantage of the double roller is the strength of the components over the stock item.
Advancing the cam on the rebuild will help compensate for chain wear.

echo1955":2wleaz6z said:
Hey woodbutcher…

Just for funzees… In part II the meet at the beginning has lines from 4 movies.
1: (Also Known As) from Analyze This
2: (Smack Your Momma) from Smoky And The Bandit
3: (Belt Buckle) from My Cousin Vinny
4: (Mr Orange) from Reservoir Dogs
Mr Orange was the undercover cop that spoiled the jewel robbery that got everyone whacked.. :mrgreen:

:LOL: (y) Hey echo, thanks for easing the curiousity of those whose memory seems to be less reliable these days :oops: :LOL:

1 & 3...whoosh! right over my head...missed 'em completely, and both are good flicks. Wanted to guess #4, but thought that was way too off beat a movie to be right (Mr. Pink & the tip scene is one of my favorites...shrinking violet when he's head to head with Joe :rolflmao: )...and #2 of course classic Jackie Gleason (y)

Approaching maximum smilies...but salivating over your full rollers :mrgreen: Still curious about your double roller set, where did you source that particular one?
Looking good :nod:

JackFish":bnfd4fpe said:
echo1955":bnfd4fpe said:

I don't understand these two statements.
If you think a stock chain should last ten years without stretching you're delusional.
The advantage of the double roller is the strength of the components over the stock item.
Advancing the cam on the rebuild will help compensate for chain wear.

JackFish, I understand why this may be a bit confusing..to you.. I also know the stock chain is going to wear. If you will look at the video Work In Progress Part III

You will see and hear there is enough slop in the crank sprocket to cause me concern… every time the engine starts it will have to take up that slop under extreme force. The total chain slop was a good 1/4” play. 3/8” slop is maximum in my book.. With 3/8” slop its time to replace chain..

Back in the 50’s we drag raced stop light to stop light… Ford, Chevy, Olds 88 and Buick Century. Over the years of all the damage we did we never had to replace a timing chain.

Now I’m looking at a DR chain. My first ever.. and this one has a 1/4" chain slop and a loose and noisy crank sprocket. I couldn’t bring myself to use it…. Could it have out lived my daughter…?? Maybe…
I am certain the stock chain will… even with the wear and stretch it will incur..

I kept the DR chain just in case latter down the road someone decides to use it.. If I was a lot younger the DR would be on the engine now.. :beer:

69.5Mav":mz5d8brx said:
JackFish":mz5d8brx said:
you're delusional

I don't mean to be critical but isn't that a little strongly worded?

hahahahahah hey 69.5Mav ol’e JacjFish will be pushing up grass long before he can ruffle my skin.. and he already knows that… :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

echo1955":2k0sjimp said:
hahahahahah hey 69.5Mav ol’e JacjFish will be pushing up grass long before he can ruffle my skin.. and he already knows that…

I didn’t know there was an established repartee between you two, it just sounded too strong to me. Sorry to have interfered.

Hey 69.5Mav no interference taken here at all…. I appreciate you taking your time to participate… It tant no big deal…. We need your input here, hell I need your input, so stay wid me here… :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

This is my latest video showing where I’m at today > Work In Progress Part V

Not all that interesting. But Part VI and VII should be very interesting. Should finish Part VI in a couple weeks.. Covering valve clearance, push-rod lengths and dual roller rockers..

With all the antics I put in it’s hard to say how many videos it will take for me to get to the engine install and break-in…. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Still have a lot to do but I’m on the down hill side now… :beer:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back