Exhaust Duration (gross): 274
Intake Duration (.050”): 228
Exhaust Duration (.050”): 228
Intake Valve Lift*:===== .480"
Exhaust Valve Lift*:==== .480"
Lobe Separation:======= 110
Intake Valve Lash:===== .014"
Exhaust Valve Lash:==== .014"

No I would think it still would be .480 total lift, the .014 valve lash is for clearance only it shouldn't reduce the lift. Though you would need to set it up on some V blocks and measure it with a dial indicator to know it’s exact lobe lift. The other thing that can vary are the rocker arm ratio's again you would need to plot total lift with a dial indicator at valve with the cam and rockers assembled in your engine.

.480"-.014" = .466 net lift.
Your duration @ .050" is closer to 218 degrees cause you have to figure the valve lash into the real duration. Bill

Okay, thank you for this information. I'm looking for a cam to remedy my too-high-CR and I'm hoping this will help bleed off some pressure.

Valve lash has nothing to do with valve lift. When the cam lobe it at the top of it's rotation, there isn't any lash! Everything associated with that valve is tight. So there's absolutely no way that valve lash can effect total lift.

Lash does change the duration for sure! The more lash, the less duration. The cam has to rotate just that mush more to take up the slack. This goes for both the upslope and downslope of the cam lobe.

Later,
Will

The gross lift is the measurment from the bottom of the base circle to the top of the lobe, minus the diameter of the base circle. Then multiply that figure by the rocker ratio & thats your gross lift.
The net lift you subtract the lash from the gross lift. Bill

Does10s":1a8jysii said:
The cam has to rotate just that mush more to take up the slack. This goes for both the upslope and downslope of the cam lobe.
I can picture this in my head, it makes total sense.

@Bill(WSA111), I'll add that to my notes, I was overthinking the whole lash / lift aspect.

Thank you to Bubba, Does10s and WSA111.

Back