Copper head gaskets

Does10s":14c00g7l said:
http://www.gasketworks.com
Mordy is the owner. He's the one that makes our gaskets for us.
Later,
Will

Thanks, but there's 1/2 doz listed there...which 1 is Mordy? Does what he makes replace the oem compression thickness we seek to maintain CR w/o machining?

can't find him by web, registration died on 4-26-2012 so the site is up for grabs.

I think they went out of business? I tried contacting them a few months ago but didn't have any luck. Guess it's time for me to see about getting MLS head gaskets done.

Once in a while I C ebay list a h. gasket like oem. Think that's legit?

Interesting.....
I didn't check the website. Just pulled it from my Favorites.

I haven't had the need to purchase another gasket from him in a while! They last a long time! Even when we've had the head off a bunch of times!

Now I'll have to go and find another vendor! I'll need a 300 gasket soon!

Later,
Will

I had a conference call yesterday with a buddy of mine and his friend who makes copper head gaskets out of his home. He has a cnc machine in his garage. Now I have not seen his setup yet or any of his work, but he is going to get back to me on pricing for making gaskets for the ford small six motor. We'll see...

So is this "the steel shim" head gasket mentioned that "is no longer available"? The lack of which some plane the head due to compression change created by the thicker compression thickness of (the more readily available) modern gaskets?

May B it's a moot point cuz 90% of these ol girls need a "plane" to assure flatness?

If all's correct above would the steel B better than the copper?

Thanks, this is all ways a great place for me to learn...

What's the thickness of the copper head gasket compared to the original steel shim or modern composite?

rocklord":uc7m4isb said:
What's the thickness of the copper head gasket compared to the original steel shim or modern composite?
They can be made in varying thicknesses. Most guys are looking for thin gaskets so they don't have to mill their heads...I am looking for the opposite. Something thicker than .050 to reduce my compression ratio.

Gene Fiore":38c9w3m9 said:
rocklord":38c9w3m9 said:
They can be made in varying thicknesses. Most guys are looking for thin gaskets so they don't have to mill their heads...I am looking for the opposite. Something thicker than .050 to reduce my compression ratio.

Is Gene going Turbo?

Does10s":1d3h7nza said:
Gene Fiore":1d3h7nza said:
rocklord":1d3h7nza said:

Is Gene going Turbo?
Nah...

Back