The new OLD FTF gets a "Duesenberg DOHC 4-valve"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty much. Also no doubt the drivers of the day were at least a foot shorter than me. On my car I am using a C4 trans behind the engine instead of direct drive. That will give me an additional foot of leg room vs an original. The body is going to be a skosch taller too.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I found a nice crab-style distributor cap last weekend. I plan to mount it on a dummy distributor off the end of one of the cam towers. It is a six cylinder cap of unknown make. Anybody have a clue as to what it originally fit? I made a simple base for it and will run a cloth covered wire to it and maybe an external brass capacitor a la Mallory.

Originally I was going to use a flattie cap, but this one works better. I may have to blister the hood to fit it in there. Or just mount it on the rear of one of the cam towers. We'll see.

distcap01.jpg

distcap02.jpg

distcap03.jpg

What thickness of steel did you use for the headers, and flanges?

I saw a .25" on the aluminum intake is that correct? Any reason the intake couldn't be made out of some thinner/lighter stainless???

Exhaust: .060 on the primaries; .070 on the pipe

Intake: .375 flange; .125 on the runners.

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER":xhl53hlb said:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I found a nice crab-style distributor cap last weekend. I plan to mount it on a dummy distributor off the end of one of the cam towers. It is a six cylinder cap of unknown make. Anybody have a clue as to what it originally fit?

Seems like I recall seeing this type of cap on an old farm tractor. Oliver, maybe?
Joe

I fitted up the spindles, made a new tie rod and mounted the "distributor" off the cam cover:

FrontSteering04.jpg

FrontSteering03.jpg

distcap04.jpg

Now I can mount the steering box, make a drag link, a front panard bar, and lever shocks.

Here is the steering box mounted on the frame:

SteeringMount05.jpg

SteeringMount06.jpg

SteeringMount07.jpg

SteeringMount08.jpg

SteeringMount09.jpg

Now I need a drag link and steering wheel adapter then I can make the rest of the front of the body work.

Another silly little detail job - a stone/mud guard to go in front of the front axle. Most stone guards were crude "chicken wire" affaies. I made this one and ran it through the beader to offset flange the edge, then powdercoated it black and put a brushed aluminum framework around it. I'll stencil the car number on it later.

Stoneguard01-1.jpg

I did some more work on the driver compartment buck. This buck is a little unique in that I am making it to fit onto the chassis with the steering components in place so I can shape the body in situ.

http://smg.beta.photobucket.com/user/6r ... sort=3&o=2

I blanked out the side panels.

http://smg.beta.photobucket.com/user/6r ... sort=3&o=1

Next, roughed out the firewall with room to fit over the trans hump.
Then started to fit up the sides.

http://smg.beta.photobucket.com/user/6r ... sort=3&o=0

Buckcowl02.jpg

Buckcowl03.jpg

Buckcowl04.jpg

Buckcowl05.jpg

Buckcowl06.jpg

The cowl is roughed in. It will be trimmed, rolled and wired on the top edge. A cutout will be added for the strreing arm, and a gage panel added below the steering wheel.

Thanks. I'll get some audible vids and hopefully some in-car shots out on the track - and maybe in traffic. But that's a long way off. I can be VERY patient.

sr_061small.jpg

French,

Have you or anyone you know ran an intake made similar to yours? I am wondering if there are any ill affects of having the square corners inside the intake instead of a nice fillet in them???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back