Diving in...

Ms is shipped and will be here on monday. Also getting my weld els for the header on monday and my flanges. I think mid week the downpipe shows up so then i can also get started in on that once I figure out my header design

MS is here!!

Started building my board this afternoon. need to do some jumpers and all now before I can test the power supply but I think it is time for dinner and a beer I think.

Going to take advice of a friend and print out the build manual and then line out or highlight as needed for what I need.

hoping to have a functional board by the weekend....or at least close to it.

about finished on the assembly. I have powered it up and ran the first two rounds of checks successfully.

I need a resistor for the ignition mod and then I am ready for the final check before popping in the MS3 daughter board.

Now to build a harness....

Finished the board up and powered it up this weekend.

ITS ALIVE!!!

I got it speaking on the USB cable and started playing with my file. I still need to finish building my harness for this thing but I am getting closer. I think I am getting close to just having a good weekend terminating wires and running checks and I should be able to fire this motor up (or give it a try)

Sadly it will have to be sans boost and turbo for now (need to mod the oil pan for a drain and work on some clearancing of the swaybar and centerlink with the pan just BARELY touches)

I have a goal of having this fired up by thanksgiving and maybe "driveable" by the end of the year (which means I need brakes, a front suspension, and to finish the cable clutch setup) If I can do a glory limp aroudn the block and at least get some logs and get a better tune loaded so when I get it all back together it will have some bugs worked out then I will be very happy!!

well figured it owuld be time for an update....

WOW I have had this MS3 box for like a year and STILL is not in the car....

I had a change of plans and to pick up some room under my intake I am going to the cam sensor and GM coil packs. I will be having my guy makeup a mount for a 36-1 on the crank and I will be picking up the 3X expansion board it looks like.

The big hold has been that I am going into a full rust repair on the unibody instead of just some of the cosmetic stuff and made the decision to put off wiring the car until it is out of paint so I can do it in one clean session. I have been collecting more and more parts for it all and am getting some of the preliminary stuff in like a couple 22 pin bulkhead connectors and mounting of the MS box.

well I guess it is time for another update...

I got my 36-1 mount but still need to do the pickup mount.
had a -8 fuel rail made up to replace my stock one.
I still need to get the MS3x board and figure out the wiring. I had bought the weatherpack bulkheads but I think I might change over to amp seal stuff since it is smaller/cheaper. I am also looking into weathertight enclosers to maybe move the MS3 under the hood to eliminate most of the through firewall wiring.

Back