What's easiest, Carb or EFI Super Charger?

clintonvillian

Famous Member
I have an EFI engine with computer and all controls, sensors etc.

I had planned to go to dual carbs, but the supercharger is really peaking my intrest. Would I be better off to run a blow through carb through an offy C series intake or mount the carb to the EFI intake???

OR

Should I stick with the entire EFI system and go to larger injectors with a supercharger? How finnicky is the 300 EFI system? What about headers and such?

This motor does not have to meet any emissions so I can remove everything not needed........

Should I stick with the entire EFI system and go to larger injectors with a supercharger? How finnicky is the 300 EFI system? What about headers and such?

If it's a early 95 or older the stock computer might give you trouble with some mods. Headers will work as long as you place the OX sensors in correct location. For major mods you could go with a MegaSqurit or other custom setup.

Are you an electronics guru with lots of money? If the answer is yes, then no contest go EFI.

If not then carbs are the way to go. I'm going triple 2V carbs with an Eaton H122 GT500 supercharger on mine.

Well the electronics don't scare me away. I just like the carb look. However mpg and tuneabilty would be easier for me using a computer. I have just tried to avoid that through out this build.

The megasquirt CPU looks pretty decent. Anyone here running it?

Fordman have you started your motor build yet?

clintonvillian":nq859xmy said:
Fordman have you started your motor build yet?

No not yet. I'm collecting parts and trying to get the rest of the truck built first. I've got a 69 240 sitting, waiting to be built. But I want to have the rest of the truck finished first, so I don't have a fresh engine sitting around forever.

"Emerald 74 4X4" & "Turbo_B" are turbo builds using the Megasquirt you might be able to get a few ideas from their builds. You likely have come up with your own fuel and timing tables.

Can the EATON 112's be used in a pull through situation.

Let's say mount it right to a C series intake (with a fabbed reducer) and then set a 650 carb on top of an elbow into the inlet of the EATON?

Throw a O2 sensor and guage on it, and call it a day?

Jet the carb to run a little rich down low and even richer when the secondaries open?

Would that keep things in check?

Not without some mods. The Eatons aren't designed for fuel to flow through them. You need different bearings for that.

I have my MS assembled and have communicated with the PC with it (first try)

I am still having some stuff build for my motor.....might have it running in a year as I am mostly working on getting the car restored right now.

Back