would this turbo work?

67mustangat16

T3/T4 Hybrid Turbo Charger .50 A/R T04E T3 T4 0.63 A/R Turbine Wheel. Or is the .5 a/r to small. The add says .63 is on the "hot side". So idk. This is an ebay add so who knows if they even know what they are saying....

I would say that is in the ballpark for a 200, and is about what I would be looking for if I sell my T3. Just don't expect wonderful quality or longevity from a mystery Ebay turbocharger. Some people have gotten lucky with them, but it seems the quality is questionable across the board.

I think since there is some guesswork involved and you may end up switching turbos anyhow, the ebay turbo is probably a good way to go to get started. That way if you are way off with your turbo choice you are not out 700 bucks for a Garret like I was. :( I am definitely going the Ebay route when I am ready until I know what turbo works well for me, then I will buy a good unit with the same specs.

Good luck to you!

that is what I am planning to run on my 250 Crossflow at first....mine is a turbonetics though.

New they are about $700 FYI.

I will prob have to upgrade to something bigger I am guessing. I had purchased it for my second generation turbo 200 US motor (was getting a small cam, roller rockers, larger turbo, and EFI converted log head)

but I got a deal on a EFI CrossFlow (actually had a couple of them for a bit...still have one crossflow 200) so I kinda parted it out.... sold the shortblock, cam, and rockers and heaved the head in a dumpster (I was having to move and being I had upgraded and it wasn't finished it was kinda deadweight at that point)

Anybody ever thought of using a subaru wrx turbo? their cheap pretty reliable but their a/r is .63 i think this might be small

If you read Linc's 200 post about turbo selection, he explains in layman's terms how to read a turbo map. There is not really much to it, and it would be helpful for you when searching for a turbocharger. There are a few sites that have maps for most turbo compressors out there, the turbine side however is a bit more of an educated guess, but a .63 hot side should be about where you want to be.

That's my 2 percent of a dollar anyway. We could give an opinion if you had the the specs of a given turbo instead of a vehicle from which it came, trim numbers and A/R's and such, but if you can read a turbo map you wont need any stinkin' opinions. 8)

http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=988825 the first post has the link to the compressor map, but from what I can tell from linc's post the straight sixes move about 26 cfm. And if I'm reading this right this is no where close to right. I believe 26 cfm=.012 m^3/s I was hoping it would be cause that would be a really cheap source of turbo's. And just curious how do you convert from lbs per minute to

The airflow rate for that map is metric and expressed in cubic meters per second, I am assuming that was the metric equivalent to CFM or cubic feet per minute and was what they used in the olden days. 8) It is my understanding that measuring the airflow in pounds per minute is the better way to go with this as CFM ratings are affected by pressure and heat and Lb/min ratings are not.

With that being said if you want to read that map, you will have to convert to that system of measurement which would likely be tough, or redo your calculations from scratch in the metric system and forget about the aforementioned 26 pounds per minute number for now.

I'll take a quick look and see if I can do some leg work for you.

Here is a calculator that converts CFM to cubic meter per second. CFM can be figured by using the RayHall calculator on Linc's FAQ post. I plugged in his numbers that gave him his 26 pounds per minute requirement and it appears that that equates to 367 CFM. Plugging THAT into the calculator below gives a number of 0.17273 Cubic meters per second and THAT is the bottom number you need to look at in the map. :beer:

Draw a line up from there the same as you would if it were 26 pounds per minute and see where you fall as far as the efficiency islands. The higher the better.

Good luck.

http://www.convertunits.com/from/cubic+ ... oot/minute

Well at 2 bars it hits about 72 percent I believe. I'm not sure how good or bad that is but its a little more than 3 loops out from the center.

Back