The new OLD FTF gets a "Duesenberg DOHC 4-valve"

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is that head, and where did you get it? I noticed that it has the Ford casting marks on it; so its not one of these chopped up and welded together heads.

I mainly ask this because Im planing a very high HP build for my 93 300 and am trying to look for all types/options of crossflow options.

(Excuse my ignorance Im relatively new to this forum and haven't been through all the great info on here)

That's an ultra rare ford crossflow only a few ever made if I remember rite less than 100. Good luck finding one the last one I saw was on eBay and a reserve not at $1500

I did a little more work on the head rest. I think it looks too big and I'll make it lower and shorter.

Hey, I just realized this thread has been moved over to this forum - I thought it had been deleted somehow. I'm in SoCal taking a little break but when I return I'll post an update.

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER":1jqqrvr9 said:
Hey, I just realized this thread has been moved over to this forum - I thought it had been deleted somehow. I'm in SoCal taking a little break but when I return I'll post an update.

First time I've seen this one! Come'on back... I'd love to see any progress!

I have a much more detailed build thread over on Jalopy Journal's H.A.M.B. bulletin board:

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/thre ... 98/page-10

The champ car came back to my home shop today, reunited with the '46 Ford push / tow truck and its own trailer. This build has been going on a long time, but the truck and trailer got finished in the mean time so I suppose that signifies some progress of sorts. Stay tuned.

In these old replicas there are a lot of little "visual delights" that can make a car interesting to see. I thought I would make one of those little visually appealing details today. A heat shield for the exhaust pipe. First I cut a blank of sheet stainless, laid out some cooling holes and rolled a curve in it. Then I made a small belling tool for my DiAcro press so I could put a bell mouth on the holes. This is needed to prevent the shield from becoming a cheese grater on my body parts should I come into contact with it during an upset. I just need to make some stand-off nuts to weld it in place when the time comes.

I did some more shaping on the tail section. Its almost ready to baptize in bondo. Attaching the mounting flanges comes next.

By "THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER" My old topic got "locked". As I have a lot more left to do I'll start another one. As luck would have it this summer I'm building the "mule" engine for it, along with another U-flow engine for my son's Anglia, on which I may start another thread if time permits.
This week I started on the head:

42299281341_ec752d4996_z_d.jpg

the intakes get a 30 deg. back cut
42252812802_9d800c84df_z_d.jpg

ready for reassembly
41397950635_3f0c1c8bff_z_d.jpg

The full build story is on the H.A.M.B.:

https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/thr ... ct.223598/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back