Roller timing chain on a 250

Status
Not open for further replies.
The one I made will work for now. I'm not liking the through bolt design I came up with, because it makes getting the cover on/off a real PITA. But, it cost me a grand total of 15.00. For that price I guess there's a certain amount of frustration I can put up with.
I really wanted a stock cast cover.....

I'm getting another OEM alloy valve cover with my crossflow purchase.
If interested in it mike1157 let me know.

"...wouldn't have my feathers so ruffled if this wasn't the first time I've spent 20-30 minutes posting stuff to this board that only has Dean replying..."
glad U said sompin... I'm still tryin to figure out the "Sparski & Hutch" vehicle we got a pic of a yr. or so ago...
8^0
I've said it B4 - now, time again:

I am truly amazed at the things guys can come up with - design, fab, build and create.
At your start I though "Y would a guy wanna wrk w/an old tired out engine when he could start w/a fresh one". Now, Mike, I C Y! And U aint even finished...

mike1157":1sgn6wxk said:
I am interested in it.What will you sell it for?

How's $50 plus shipping?

Roller rockers may not fit under a stock alloy valve cover. You may have to make a spacer.

rocklord":1fil58qn said:
mike1157":1fil58qn said:
I am interested in it.What will you sell it for?

How's $50 plus shipping?

Roller rockers may not fit under a stock alloy valve cover. You may have to make a spacer.
The price is fine, but I too am concerned about rocker arm clearance. How tall is the stock cover?

Wouldn't worry about rocker clearance, you can add a spacer to the gasket base.
Its commonly done when a set of bolt on Cleveland adjustables are added.

The rocker cover does need the right oil filler and ECM interface to the 250 US engine.

MadMikesUS250FoxRockerCoverwithGreatestAmericanHeroECMandSticker-1.jpg

And you guys need reveal the sources of where you got the parts.....

Damn it man,...you figured me out :eek:

That's actually NOT a rocker cover at all,...It's purpose is to hide the flux capacitor underneath that I have cleverly "disguised" as a old-assed inline six.

When I get it all complete, I'll erect my umbrella antenna'd, speak and spell processed, extra terrestrial communication device so that I can get the exact coordinates to get back to my planet.

mike1157":32edyc1v said:
Damn it man,...you figured me out :eek:

That's actually NOT a rocker cover at all,...It's purpose is to hide the flux capacitor underneath that I have cleverly "disguised" as a old-assed inline six.

When I get it all complete, I'll erect my umbrella antenna'd, speak and spell processed, extra terrestrial communication device so that I can get the exact coordinates to get back to my planet.

titan isnt that far away. you should be able to get there with a standard cell phone unit.

rocklord":2u5pb029 said:
mike1157,
If you have roller rockers and a stock steel valve cover, Aussiespeed recommends a 6mm spacer:
http://www.aussiespeedshop.com/product/ ... inum-ford/
If you use a EFI valve cover, they recommend a 10mm spacer:
http://www.aussiespeedshop.com/product/ ... n-mustang/

The thicker spacer for the EFI is to offset the thicker alloy top.

I do have roller rockers, and I have milled the rocker stud pedestals to alow a guide plate, and conventional screw-in stud. The valve cover I made is 2" high and will clear the assemblies. That's why I was asking about the height of the stock cast cover height you have for sale, to determine whether or not it will work. If I have to use one of those spacers, the cost alone of the spacer will be cost prohibitive to going w/ the stock stuff.

Son Ra never complained about price & he left the galaxy jazzily...
8^0

o0OPp, "Sun Ra"
WoW Mike, quick post back!

"...What kind of code is 8^0?..."
sposed ta be googlie eyes, a nose 'n mouth.
Know Sun Ray?

Sendin U the best on your build!
What's next?
Thanks 4 bringin me along.

to infinity and beyond, drag race outside Area 51 is on this weekend, winner gets to disappear

If I'm reading this correctly, all the mods were done on the crank and the cam? Is this strictly a race engine? I'd hate to have a timing chain break on my street car when I'm in the middle of nowhere, 100 degrees in the shade, freezing rain and in the dark

Another option is you can get Cloyes to make one for you and eliminate all this modification to the parts.

vntgtrk":16b8oa4e said:
If I'm reading this correctly, all the mods were done on the crank and the cam? Is this strictly a race engine? I'd hate to have a timing chain break on my street car when I'm in the middle of nowhere, 100 degrees in the shade, freezing rain and in the dark

A "race" will be the last thing this engine ever sees.

This is a get in, start up, put in gear, and drive to the grocery store (quickly),...
or
Get in, start up, put in gear, and drive 300 miles in one day (all while getting 30+ MPG)

Engine.

CNC dude is correct. More foresight on my part would've partially eliminated the custom work to the cam, crank, and gear..
In essence, the cam could've been made to accept the standard off the shelf cam timing gear. And I guess you could have had them source the 3DR 56 tooth melling chain (and charge you four times what I paid for it)

But beyond that, there'd still be that pesky crank gear that would've been too deep, the .050 off the crank that needed to go, and the keyway that need lengthening that stopped barely just under the crank gear.

And to your point.....
Where do you live where it is 100 degrees in the shade, while it is freezing rain and dark all at the same time?

The double true roller was made to work so I wont have to worry about breaking the STOCK chain in the middle of nowhere,...in the dark,...while it's freezing rain, and 100 degrees in the shade. :rolflmao:

mike1157":3lihk8kp said:
vntgtrk":3lihk8kp said:
Where do you live where it is 100 degrees in the shade, while it is freezing rain and dark all at the same time?

Watch out.

Ford guys get it all the world over.

Not at the same time. but in a year...down here its as low as 78.08 deg F (25.6 deg C) in winter, and 105.8 deg F (41deg C) in summer.

And yearly rain fall as high as 10 in during a span of 24 hours, and 268 in in six months of the year.

Plff and gesh. You want snow, hail, heat and cold and dark all at the same time?

http://s1215.photobucket.com/user/xecut ... 9.mp4.html

http://s1215.photobucket.com/user/xecut ... 6.mp4.html

http://s1215.photobucket.com/user/xecut ... w.mp4.html

My mates ex Alaskan Tempo and my ex California, ex Japan, New Zealand Mustang

Or the rain with import Mustangs

But hey, I';m in New Zealand's South Island at the roaring 40's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back