What are the electronic differences between 88-96 years?

clintonvillian":1hvqoisr said:
Does Ms2 have the smart/learn feature as Ms3?

That was my biggest draw to Ms3 is the fact that it is capable of creating its own fuel tables after you setup the initial ones.

You really don't want self learning with a boosted EFI application if you are eventually going to use the blower.
Both Holley EFI and FAST EFI have refrained from using their self learning ECU for systems handling above 1 BAR.

I recommend using the Holley HP system with port injectors.

clintonvillian":13ak8sn7 said:
https://www.holley.com/products/fuel_systems/fuel_injection/hp_efi/ecu_and_harness_kits/parts/550-605N

That one?

I also noticed they make a TFI harness. might aid in getting it wired. However I have the full donor harness I think I can trim the wires back in it.

I know some people hate wiring, but it is one of the things I actually enjoy..............weird I guess, but I love standing back after a nice clean wire install and checking it out.

Yep that's the one.

clintonvillian":1on07zfr said:
https://www.holley.com/products/fuel_systems/fuel_injection/gauges_and_displays/parts/553-106

That screen would completely eliminate the need for a dash cluster! That would be awesome, I could just blend it into the stock 56 dashboard below my stock cluster, and have my boost, Tach, A/F mixture right there........

Now you are getting the picture.
I love working with systems where you can integrate other features by simply plug and play.

I just finished adding a Racepak smartwire to a car that already had the racepak V300 SD datalogger.
Just 1 simple data line coming from the switch panel (No one wire per switch bundle) and I can program any output to respond to any switch combination along with any other condition from any channel that is being logged. You can "logic" up to ten input conditions per output.
Soooo cool!

Anyway look through this discussion for ignition options.
viewtopic.php?p=558490#p558490

clintonvillian":2xb0s19p said:
you listed three options, does that mean it is not tfi compatible?

It should be able to work with the TFI PIP and SPOUT signals just fine but you are looking to upgrade the power output.

The object of those 3 options was to go distributorless and eliminate distributor rotor phasing problems by going to single coil per spark plug.

The distributor would only be used to drive the oil pump and supply a cam sync signal for sequential injection and ignition.

My suggestion was to go to a wrecking yard and get the coils, mounts, wire harness and 60-2 crank trigger wheel with sensor from a 2005 or later GM LS2 engine.

All the power you need with precise timing control.

So you have personal experience with this system?

As far as the chevy parts go......... are there any ford systems out there that will work (Or is the EDIS it?)

I am hoping to be able to configure for tfi. Use as many parts as I can that I have, and keep it simple as possible intitially. Then once it is up and running, add in the boost and better timing control.

Will the ford or chevy wheels (36-1 or 60-2) allow you to use a disc that you cut? Does it matter what size the teeth are just as long as it has the right number of teeth and even gaps?

Also..........Do you guys know anyone who can make custom length fuel rails. I can use tubing and build my own, I would like to find someone who can just do them for me though out of aluminum rail.

also there are about a million places out there to buy pre-made reluctor wheels probably cheaper than making your own. the hard part either way is getting the damper machined or a pulley machined to securely attach it.

clintonvillian":q2csqato said:
I am hoping to be able to configure for tfi. Use as many parts as I can that I have, and keep it simple as possible intitially. Then once it is up and running, add in the boost and better timing control.

Holley has an adapter cable that plugs directly from the HP box to the TFI Module on the TFI distributor. Part# 558-305
There is a selection in the HP software for Ford TFI.

The gray TFI module controls the ignition coil dwell time so it will be easier to work with.
It just needs the leading edge of the SPOUT signal coming from the HP unit.

The black TFI Module relies on the Computor to control the dwell time and uses the SPOUT signal width as the dwell time.

clintonvillian":1birq3tp said:
Also..........Do you guys know anyone who can make custom length fuel rails. I can use tubing and build my own, I would like to find someone who can just do them for me though out of aluminum rail.

You just need 2 different size drills and a 30 degree countersink.
See page 11 of the following instructions.

http://documents.holley.com/199r10510.pdf

You can get custom length extrusions from Ross Machine (see post from motzingg)
They may be willing to do the injector holes for you.

I hope you guys are still watching this thread! I noticed something in the previous conversations I missed earlier.

After spending some more time with this looking at parts and such, and reading forum after forum I came to realize that ford already created a "stand alone" or external Cam sensor on the 95-96 models as mentioned above.

http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/Catal ... 0407415089

So with this, it would eliminate the need for modifying the tfi distributor? Am I correct?

All that is needed at this point would be a custom machined billet cap?

Back