lets talk tubular....custom intake on the falcon log head.

Moderator: Mod Squad

autoX65

Re: lets talk tubular....custom intake on the falcon log hea

Post #51 by autoX65 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:28 pm

im just in a big time restaint with serious surgeries im going into this week. lots of work to upkeep in the financial service sector at hand to keep my business running and keep clients satisfied. My mustang is a fully built super car it will defiantly get recognition im just trying to unvaile it and have serious deadlines on the build with sponsorship and its not easy to keep them on board when i cant keep my word as to when I was expecting parts so Ive already delayed a lot from this such as sponsors and flying out for scheduled meetings for my race car.

read up on my latest post in the performance 144-250 section there is so much great information in that thread from me and others. not in full detail of course because real racers cant give all the tricks away but everyone will see the end result as to what the machine will be capable of and ive got 10 years professionally working on classic fords which is 20% of the time they have been around over the last 50 years and also the time of the most advancements in the aftermarket and individual pro stock or super stock team builds so it is the sexiest paint schemes ive ever seen and should be gliding making 180mph passes in the 7 second range. heaviliy modified all stock i6 components with my metallurgy modifications to the longblock.

autoX65

Post #52 by autoX65 » Mon Apr 06, 2015 6:43 pm

hard to in-vision for some.....well even once it is seen it would be difficult to duplicate or try to. kind of a one of a kind 50 year anniversary special for my 65 mustang super stock build.

fully forged from the shortblock to the hardened locks and retainers. rollerized transmission, custom front end and forged steering linkages and spindles. Pushed myself to the limits on this build to show my appreciation for the 50 year anniversary of the mustang this year so there should be some good racing ahead this year for me and my team.

autoX65

Post #53 by autoX65 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:18 pm

my way wrote:
autoX65 wrote:so when they say the log is the pinch point they are not talking about the intake design as the pinch point its really just the whole head is the pinch and is limited to low - mid range street use with small valves being the biggest pinch but the only really benefit I see to cutting off the intake is to port it and hopefully so to come get it on a dyno to see what it will do.

A straight runner has got to be better than a 90 corner. I am playing with the same thing waiting on my alloy head. My head with the most of the log cut off looks exactly like the posted pic.
I used pieces of 1 1/2 exhaust tubing -close to 1.4 ID. The pieces are cut from 90 deg bends with enough bend left to get about 11 degree runner. The curved end was worked rectangular on the curved end close to the port shape with about 2 in straight at the 11, deg. extending out. Used a filler-build material called "lab metal" to seat and seal the tube about 3/4 in. in the port, with a concave fillet on the outside for strength and looks. The log is 16 ga. sheet metal 3x6x2x6x20 in. The difference of one in. on the wall portion allows the bottom to follow the 11 deg incline of the runner and top to be level for the two barrel carb mounted between 3 and 4. The tubes 6 in long with flared ends enter at the bottom of the 3 in side and end 2 in from the 2 in side with 2 in sticking out the head side. 3 in sections of 1 1/2 radiator hose slips over the tubes and makes the connection. porting and valve mods-.060 milled all on 72 head.
Main point was to describe the lab-metal & radiator hose approach to this verses a machined-bolted-welded flange attachment approach. This leaves a bit of adjustment for fit.
The total runner length about 11 in with room for a bit of adjustment. Wonder how that comes out for RPM tuning on a 3rd wave??
Alloy head in route so this may take a back seat priority :?
Haven't done pics, soo words will have to do.
MYway

any progress with your modified log myway?

autoX65

Post #54 by autoX65 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:40 pm

as well i can be contacted at hearts_4_u_all@yahoo.com for anything relating to the engineering of this build, any sponsors who would like to participate in the project and upcoming super stock racing in the ford inline six vintage class as well as pro stock racing. or if you just want to collaborate on a build idea you have that is similar i would be glad to hear from you.
who wanna race me?

-autoX65

autoX65

Post #55 by autoX65 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:55 pm

http://www.theturboforums.com/threads/3 ... cam-select

This is a very advanced topic for anyone looking into cam selection on the inline six if anyone is up for a good read!