use stock exhaust manifold with Clifford intake?

edgewood bronco

I'm wanting to get away from my 1 barrel on my 223. Does anybody know if I could put a Clifford intake on my engine without putting on Clifford headers? I'd prefer to leave it the stock exhaust. Not going for screaming performance, just want to get rid of the leaky 1 bbl holley.
Thanks!

Yes I believe you can use a Clifford intake with the stock exhaust. Good luck :nod:

I'm sure you're right.
At this point, I'm more interested in getting rid of the Holley with the glass bowl and seam below the fuel line that leaks. This isn't a daily driver, and the amount of time I've spent screwing around with that gasket between uses makes it worth simply getting an autolite 2100 on there. The carb swap will force me to upgrade to a non-load-o-matic distributor, which will be two pieces that will get me headed in the right direction, and will lay the groundwork for future upgrades.

Tempting, but it's still got that vertical bowl gasket that goes below the fuel level. I'm looking to avoid that.

Hope the distributor is going well, are you putting in a DSII? That's on the list for my '62 now that I've done it on the Bronco and it's working rather well.

I am. I've rounded up the parts needed to make the conversion to my existing oil pump and just need to get them assembled. Looks more like Monday now. I'll report back when completed.
=====

Back