high ratio rocker arms

BCOWANWHEELS":1ia83dlg said:
over complicate imo think simple.................

Your opinion or choice. Its all good. :LOL:

I will say one more thing before concluding.

Sometimes its taken 9, maybee 12 years to get the right answer to a question. Sometimes it takes that long to validate what you thought was true. Its like this...the test for info is Deuteronomy 13:1

Are the predictions I make true or false. “true”="True'", "false"="False"

If I point to any other masters than the accepted ones = False.

If I use non accepted techniques in predictions = False.

If I have a rebellious, unrepentant spirit = False.

there is only 1 that's worthy of being called master and that's JESUS CHRIST and he made salvation so simple so even a child can understand it. the beginning of wisdom begins the day one invites JESUS CHRIST into ones heart then picks up the cross and lives for him the rest of ones days forsaking all others (satins counterfits ) jmo but lets keep on the rocker arm track as not to offend anybody

The reason I enjoy all this is because it involves systemic thinking…one part effects all other parts. Now I'm not an automotive engineer but (know human systems, a lill biological, & building science) it seems - following the foregoing - that small coordinated twiques done with experience and knowledge add up to quite large results. Six hundred fifty miles out to sea we win races by small adjustments to every single parameter available (sail choice, foot, luff, reef, tack, etc, etc) keep our eyes on all at once and make good strategic choices form the very best quality info sources.

Why not look at the achievable and work backwards, with time and patients, to achieve it?

Wish I had more (technical expertise) to offer...

I,am almost sure ford "y_block" rockers are what is used for the 1.6 ratio oem rockers. and there is aluminum rockers available for the y-block engines. more to come.

WELL LOOKS LIKE THE FORD Y BLOCK AND FORD FE ROCKERS ARNT THE ROCKERS WERE LOOKING FOR BUT RATHER THE JEEP 4 CYL ROCKERS AND THEY HAVE TO BE MODIFIED AT THAT TO GET THE 1.6. SORRY I CANT SAY MORE BECAUSE I GAVE MY WORD I WOULDNT. MY SET IS DONE AND JUST WAITING ON A SET OF NEW JOHNSON HI-LIFT ANTI PUMP UP LIFTERS. MORE WHEN I CAN
BOB

BCOWANWHEELS":2yrc5n8x said:
WELL LOOKS LIKE THE FORD Y BLOCK AND FORD FE ROCKERS ARNT THE ROCKERS WERE LOOKING FOR
BOB

Can you be more specific on why the FE rockers won't work? - because I've been doing some preliminary measurements on roller tip rockers off of a 427 and it seems with a little modification they will work. I need to narrow them down 1/8" and put a bushing in the center hole. Are you seeing something that I'm missing?

Thanks, Ryan

I don't have one to compare, I,am just going by what my buddy is telling me.he,s a rocker arm nut// he told me jeep 4 cyl rockers is the best match. best I can help you. also shaft size is different I think

BCOWANWHEELS":aqvu5gt4 said:
I don't have one to compare, I,am just going by what my buddy is telling me.he,s a rocker arm nut// he told me jeep 4 cyl rockers is the best match. best I can help you. also shaft size is different I think

Shaft size is different - .780 for the 200, .840 for the 427. The FE rockers are wider. A bushing or needle bearing will fix the shaft difference, and shave .125 off of the width. Any one think it's worth the work vs cost?

67, stock FE , the angle of the pad and adjuster are way off because a V8 's cam is in a shared location. After market roller tip do appear like they may work.

67Straightsix":1eo4py7z said:
Here's a picture of the FE rocker - the geometry of the push rod and rocker is questionable. If the shaft pedestal was shorter, I believe this would
fix the rocker geometry - seems like a lot of work to make this a viable option.

http://imageshack.com/a/img908/8425/zzLiFc.jpg
SI makes taller valves that would help geometry, make more room for more lift and better spring selection.
Where you able to move the rocker back enough?

my rockers and pushrods are done, he,s just waiting on my Johnson -hi-lift anti pump up lifters to come in then he,ll ship it all to me. once I get his permission I can post his price if he,s willing to make more sets. I think he will.

1.6 adjustable non roller. hard chrome / slotted shafts as far as the stands I,am unsure. my buddy said he didn't like to uuse stock used because they were all galded inside..................... all I can say at this point

Back