226ci cam grinders?

critchdizzle

Anyone know of a place to get a 226 cam reground? Does Schneider offer any grinds for these motors? Contemplating keeping the 226 in my '50 sedan if I can't find a buyer, and would like more than 95 HP.

Schneider has a regrind service give them a call. Isky might have some grinds at least I think they did back in the day. Good luck :nod:

Figured one of those two would, didn't know if there were any performance grinds for the flathead six back in the day or if it would have to be custom. Thanks!

Those flathead six's were also hot roded and there was a lot you can do with them in fact stock they were A good match for the stock Flathead V8's which were only 100 Hp. There were probally many other cam companies that made cams for them back then as well as Aluminum heads and intakes made, better ignistion systems, etc.

Norfleet Cams in Dallas, TX reground my Ford Flathead six cam to an Isky 400 grind. They are very reasonable and have been in business since the 60's. Unfortunately, I do not have contact info but you can search on the internet.

Back