Any interest in a new dual carb intake?

(y) Yes I seen that in the post too then it kind of went off the rails :shock: with the OHV 223's being mentioned. I am guessing that some of the posters where maybe confusing the two different engine family's because the Cu. In. sizes are so close. :) I took it that in your orginal post you were only talking only about making some New Intakes and maybe the Heads for those Flathead sixes. But there is also a very good demand for Hot Rod parts for the Ford 215, 223, 262 OHV's too. Good luck :nod:

CNC-Dude":2j8fh9d1 said:
John, i'm not entirely sure what the differences may be between the 223 and the 226. If they have a 100% interchange potential, then yes, I can use the intake and exhaust manifold you have for dimensioning purposes.

The intake and the exhaust I have are from an TRUCK - INLINE FLATHEAD SIX CYLINDER - 226 CU IN!

where are you located ?

Sorry about that, it was probably me. Flathead 6 is very different from the inline 6.

If there is interest in recasting the 2x1 Fenton intake and/or Fenton split exhaust manifold for the inline 6 (215, 223, or 262) shoot me a PM.

Tom
=====

fordriving":3onyeq52 said:
CNC-Dude":3onyeq52 said:
John, i'm not entirely sure what the differences may be between the 223 and the 226. If they have a 100% interchange potential, then yes, I can use the intake and exhaust manifold you have for dimensioning purposes.

The intake and the exhaust I have are from an TRUCK - INLINE FLATHEAD SIX CYLINDER - 226 CU IN!

where are you located ?
In my mind i'm thinking Flathead, but yeah the cubic inch is really close to one another and i'm sure others mix the up unintentionally. PM sent John.

I have followed up on those offers to provide an intake for dimensioning purposes to create a new multi-carb intake for the Flathead 6 engine, but so far no one has come through. So unless someone can provide one, i'm shutting the door on this project and moving on to something else.

Ok, as per the forum rules, I think you'll need to make at least 5 posts before you can send/receive personal messages. Then we can exchange info. Thanks

Well, again after re-opening the door to reach out and accept an offer for assistance in this project, once again it seems to be closing again. Third time is charm and final offer then moving on if no one comes thru.

I just picked up a 48 226 Flathead with the plan of putting it into my 41 Tudor. I would be very interested in both the intake and exhaust manifolds.

Look back at post #33. He was supposed to send me an intake back in May and fell out the grid like all the others that said they would send me one. So I guess the plan is off again. :banghead:

Actually, bad on me for not following up. Lost track of things shortly after we last exchanged emails ... moved then had a d**n heart attack. All is well now. I still have your shipping address and will send both intake and exhaust for the 228/256 project tomorrow. Dual carb intake would be good to have as well.

Good to be back! :party: (y)
=====

Glad you are back in better health. No rush, but at your convenience we can move forward with this project if you're up to it. (y)

Glad to hear the project is back on. If any issues come up, I recently acquired a 51 F1 with a 226 H and would be willing to let you use it for prototyping.

Back