My 200 EFI Turbo build ('65 Econoline)

Fully balanced rotating assembly, back from the shop:
mvtwavb.jpg

just from lookin I'd say that's not stroked!

Nice 'square motor' !!!
Is the efi for maintenance? performance 2 match the turbo?
boost is on the lower end ? (sorry, if stated I've 4gotten).

chad":lla021mb said:
just from lookin I'd say that's not stroked!

Nice 'square motor' !!!
Is the efi for maintenance? performance 2 match the turbo?
boost is on the lower end ? (sorry, if stated I've 4gotten).

Yeah, this is a work truck, so keeping the boost low to avoid heat soak/race engine issues, going EFI for a few reasons, milage, ease of tuning, to be different, etc...

RichCreations":3093rg3g said:
Fully balanced rotating assembly, back from the shop:
mvtwavb.jpg

Looks like they know what they are doing, they usually put the oil spurt hole on the rod the wrong way on the piston. (y)

Plaza Machine in Reno. Are they still there? My friend used to take all his work there.

bmbm40":1afgnrbt said:
Plaza Machine in Reno. Are they still there? My friend used to take all his work there.

I am in the SF Bay, the machine work was done at Loyds Engineering in Oakley Ca, (though I think they sent the crank out to Sacramento)

Oh sorry, for some reason I thought you were in the Reno/Sparks area.
That is an impressive engine build for your Econoline by the way. Very high tech with EFI, turbo and advanced ignition system I don't recall seeing that combination on another vehicle. Might start a trend.

bmbm40":r4hx2wuk said:
Oh sorry, for some reason I thought you were in the Reno/Sparks area.
That is an impressive engine build for your Econoline by the way. Very high tech with EFI, turbo and advanced ignition system I don't recall seeing that combination on another vehicle. Might start a trend.

Thanks!

If you were building a mostly on boost ,higher psi engine I would say do not bother with deck but you are not.

drag-200stang":1jpzun0o said:
If you were building a mostly on boost ,higher psi engine I would say do not bother with deck but you are not.

I am hoping keeping the quench gap small (.040) will help prevent pinging during heat soak conditions, and I plan to run this thing hard...

Just an update, engine is assembled, installed, and running (with carter YF carb) I did the cam break in today, and it will be taking it's first drive tomorrow since december! Once I get it fully broken-in, I will start installing the EFI system.

Well, that was fast, started her up this morning to go for the maiden drive, and as it was warming up, out popped one of the 1" freeze plugs from behind the exhaust manifold... Ugh, time to remove passenger seat, half the dog box, starter, and exhaust, to replace it...

That is a major drag but better there than several miles away. Looking forward to hearing how it runs on the road.

Back