Holley street avenger tuning

69stang_250":1ovyvisc said:
Well honestly I think it's something I will have to just deal with.
When tunning the carb should I go in this order? Idle, wot, off idle?

bubba's got a great thread on the steps
may B some1 will cite it ~

No, set the idle so it is smooth at the highest A/F it will stand at a decent quality. Get the highest rpm & then lean it down till you get a 25 RPM drop & see what readings you have & is the idle quality still decent.
Next go for the cruise-main jet calibration at 55-75 mph. Change main jets to get 14.3-14.7 ratio.
Now block the secondary throttle from opening at WOT. Take it up to 4000 RPM's only WOT on the primarys & go for 12.5-13.1 A/F.
If the A/F is in that range you are ok, if not a professional will have to install screw in restrictions under the power valve known as the PVRC.
If you luck out & the WOT is in those specs, then un-block the secondaries & go for a WOT to redline RPM & still go for the same #'s as before. If too rich install smaller jets in the secondarys.
The transition just driving around the neighborhood @ 15-25 mph should be at least over 13-1. If its in the 10-12.9 area the idle restriction needs to be decreased from say .035" to .031" area, another area for a professional.
I do this work all the time & it is time consuming.
I will not get into metering block mods at this time.Bill

Back