Chevy inline question...

A

Anonymous

Alright i have the opportunity to get a 292 chevy inline from a 62 one ton truck. I was just wondering what kind of numbers these put out. Becouse i have plans for a mud rail whith my 78 chevy luv and small blocks are too easy to build! :eek:

Don't know the gross power figures, but surely more than 110 bhp, and 230 lb-ft torque wise net, installed. Just like a 300, only with a less well developed cylinder head!

The 292 was another silent warrior in-liner that did an amazing job for many years. Have you seen the worked 292 in the 34 Chevy truck on this forum. Awesome!

Thank's XECUTE! I come and check out the Ford guy's site from time to time. Were all brother's of the inline fraternity. We changed the setup on our motor. The Kinsler injection did not work out the way we wanted it to. Not because of quailty part's or tech support. We went back to our trusty 2-4 setup and added a 110 shot of NOS. We went racing Friday night and run a personal best 6.74 et @99.6 mph 1/8 mile. Every pass we make it goes 2-3 hundreds faster. My site has been updated with new pictures in the "photo" section.

www.mighty6.com

MEPR- Depending on the class rules. If they are very limited the small block is the way to go. If they are wide open and you dont mind spending the extra cash to be diffrent than the six would be cool.

Steven

Hi Mighty6...

From visiting your Web Site, I want let you know that I enjoyed it very much your project. The new pictures in the photo section speaks for themselves.....so your 292 chevy engine sounds like a nice one !!! Did you see my 250 Chevy Engine pic's from South America, posted here ? If so, just give me your opinion about ! Keep up the good work...!!! ;)

Thank you,

292inlinesix
Brasil - South America

292inlinesix-Yes, I did see the 292. Looks good. Is it going in you'r car or a customer's car? What kind of intake manifold are you useing or who is manufacturing it.

Steven

Generally, a 170 hp gross rating would be enough to give140 hp installed. Pretty stout. The 275 l-ft of torquemay only be 245 lb-ft in real money, but thats enogh to move a mountain. What's it like now! :shockin: .

Love these bigbangers!

:smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash:

So.. if can get a 292 crank for my '65 Nova's tired 230" six, which pistons & rods do I need to make it into a 292+ incher? (original 2-speed Powerglide now, but thinkin' about a TH200R4)

J.R.

Back