Heat plate under carb on conversion keep or remove

Cudadan2

Installing a 5200 carb on my small log 200 cid got adapter is it best to remove heat plate or keep it in there I am using stovebolt adapter thanks dan

Howdy Cudadan:

I'd suggest that you remove it. Depending on your locale and the weather there you may need it for extreme cold and damp mornings on start up, but it takes typically ten minutes to have a hot water effect on the intake. In that same amount of time the exhaust will heat up the whole area under the intake manifold and carb. Removing the hot water heater is one of the first things I do. I've never noticed a need for it after it is gone.

You didn't say what you are working with, but hood clearance may also be a consideration. You may need that heater space to get your hood closed.

How about reporting the rest of the story. What are you working with?

Adios, David

Cudadan2":h8a2zzcm said:
Hello from New member with question about installing a 5200 on a 200 cid Trying to pick best adapter and trying to find best place to get it I read your articles seen several that was interesting not wanting to do machine work at this time any way I know this is high volume question probably but this is my first day on this site so please be kind

Cudadan2":h8a2zzcm said:
Thanks been on diffrant sites before it's going on 65 pony for the wife went with pinto carb because I had a pinto in the day was a real reliable car good power for what it was :)

Welcome...no mods desired but a good result required!

Working on a 1965 mustang for my wife got 6 cyl she not a speed person but I am lol I got it painted and installing all the stuff back on the car slow going lols

Attachments

• IMG_0029.JPG
    IMG_0029.JPG
    130.3 KB · Views: 85
http://www.albertpenello.com/mustang/engine.html

No adaptor required, direct bolt on.

Albert Penello has been a member here, I though his name was Rangoon Red, butchaknow, I can't remember....

5200setup.jpg

And Ducktang's (discontinued user)

http://www.geocities.ws/dualsprings/ducktangpage2.html

aribert devised an adptor that used the water heated baseplate, but it was just a development for the other kind of 32/36 Weber, a reversed Pinto 5200 Holley Weber carb. Lots of work to make it fit. Pinto/Stovebolt adaptor is way easier.

P8230029.jpg

32-36DGVSV.jpg

Cudadan2":1x0h01t3 said:
Working on a 1965 mustang for my wife got 6 cyl she not a speed person but I am lol I got it painted and installing all the stuff back on the car slow going lols
Where ya @ w/it now?

Back