Turbo 240 or 300

I don't have an lower EFI manifold here to measure.
What is the ID of the injector holes in the intake manifold?

I won't lie to ya I don't know which # ids the injectors.

Attachments

• IMG_20170402_132816999.jpg
    IMG_20170402_132816999.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 266
  • IMG_20170402_132813983.jpg
    IMG_20170402_132813983.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 266
  • IMG_20170402_132820856.jpg
    IMG_20170402_132820856.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 266
  • IMG_20170402_132902788.jpg
    IMG_20170402_132902788.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 266
So what do you think can I cut it all the way to where I'm pointing pretty much all the way up to that support that connects them? Then weld on flanges or straight to plenum?

Attachments

• 1491165372124224816767.jpg
    1491165372124224816767.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 266
I apologize, I wasn't thinking when I wrote ID.
I meant to say the Inside Diameter of the hole for the injector. LOL
It should be around 14mm

You just need to make sure there will be room to install the injectors and fuel rail.
There are shorter injectors available.

These are the ones I was looking at. Amazon has them for $339
The prices listed are for all six injectors.
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/dwk-16u0000426

I visited their booth at the PRI trade show.
They do a great job of flow matching the injectors plus the spray pattern is better than most which will help at idle and low rpm.

Woo hoo 339 each yeah get some. Those shorties are the ones I need for sure. I love them that will be more than the turbo for all six of them lol. Will that fuel rail company drill holes in them or will I have to do that?

Ramian17":398rgp3n said:
Wait is it 339 for 6?
You did not read my post carefully enough where I stated that the listed prices were for six injectors.
You must have gone into shock before you got that far. LOL
I should have made that part clear before I said anything about price.

Anyway back to my original question.
What is the inside diameter of the hole in the intake manifold for the injector?

I looked all over and I can't tell if they will fit my manifold? I really hope they do there shortlyness is going to be key in the goal of no modification to the dog house.

Ramian17":2kgz8itd said:
I looked all over and I can't tell if they will fit my manifold? I really hope they do there shortlyness is going to be key in the goal of no modification to the dog house.
Here is the mounting instructions.
Looks like the injectors need a 13.57 mm hole both top and bottom. (Page 5)

http://www.bosch-motorsport.com/media/c ... 867pdf.pdf

Ramian17":2kgz8itd said:
As best I can measure it's 10.79mm or .4242 inches. According to the caliper.
That should be the small exit hole for the injector tip.
Measure the larger hole that the injector "O" ring slides into.

Can I use the stock fuel rail with those and if so do you know where I can get a stoke one? If I can't get a stock one will those custom fuel rails you showed me need machining?

A stock fuel rail will have the correct spacing and should have the right holes sizes for the injectors.
The only question is if the stock rail is big enough to flow the extra fuel volume.
I would go to a Pull and Save salvage yard and get a stock 4.9 rail from a Ford truck or van.

Do you think it will for enough? I honestly have no idea. I'll use the custom rails you showed me if you think it can be done without super crazy fabrication? Lol

Ramian17":2a7yn5p3 said:
Do you think it will for enough? I honestly have no idea. I'll use the custom rails you showed me if you think it can be done without super crazy fabrication? Lol

No super crazy fabrication.
The hole drilling in the rail for the injectors is best done on a mill where the rail can be clamped to the movable deck.
The rail ends get threaded for 6an fittings.

The part where you get creative is the two (or three) rail mounts that come up from the intake manifold.
The mounts should come up at an angle in contact with the side of the rail with bolts running through the lower part of the rail into threaded holes in the mount.

Nice that doesn't sound too bad. I would love some picks of a stock set up our even a sweet aftermarket set up? So I see the mounts screw into the manifold, and you're saying that the mounts bolt to the rail?

The bosses with the holes that are threaded will be in the wrong location for the short injector.
Grind them off for appearance sake.

First get the new short injectors.
Drill the rail stock to fit the injectors.
Install injectors #1, #3, #4 #6 with the rail onto the intake manifold.
Make two brackets (chunks of aluminum) that bolt to the side of the rail and extends down to intake runners #2 and #5.
The brackets need to be wide enough so the 2 mounting screws straddle the holes for injectors #2 and #5 in the rail.
Curve and angle the brackets other end so it fits the curve of the intake runner and weld them to runners #2 and #5.

Did you get the new turbocharger?

IMG_20170410_132117120.jpg
IMG_20170410_132122985.jpg
Wooooo hooooo it just came in today!!!! She is beautiful!! I'm acting like a crazy school girl right now!!!! So excited. I hat doesn't sound to bad I should be able to pull that off. Still waiting on pistons though..... :(

A Thing of Beauty!!
Can you spin the compressor blades by blowing into the compressor inlet?

Which pistons are on order?
What did you end up with for connecting rods?
Did you order a custom cam from Crower?

I Know, A lot of questions but this is exciting?

Yep she spins real nice. Not sure where the pistons came from I'll ask the mechanic. But they actually did come in today!!!! He now has everything and will be putting her together this week. Yeeeee haaaaaa!!!! I just went over there and they are super pretty looking!! The rods are forged Chevy rods. I'm pretty sure he used a local cam guy here in Redding but I'll ask about that too. It's definitely a custom ground cam to the specs we talked about earlier. It's all good keep'm coming you've answered way more questions than I have lol. Tell me about it I'm so excited I want my van back real bad!!!!!!!

Back