looking for machine shop northeastern Tennessee/ SW Virginia

Tugg1202

I live in Kingsport Tennessee (near Bristol for the nascar fans) and am struggling with a machine shop decision. I have several engines that I can work with but no clue on where to take it to. Does anyone know of a machine shop that is near me that would be a good choice for my inline build? I want to build the engine so I can install a turbo in the future but not any time soon. Since I will be maxing my current budget to do the basic build.
Thanks for any assistance in advance
Jeff
Tugg1202

I don't know if you are sill looking for a good machine shop. Bristol isn't too far from Winston Salem NC.
I'd highly recommend Beard Automotive Machine Shop. He has done several 240 builds for my race car.
336-775-5590

Is he equipped to do balancing of a 6? It would be worth the drive for full service. I think Ihave scaled back on my build for now but for future reference. I was planning on a stockhead (250) but after doing some studying I have decided it would be a better use of my money to save up and get the aluminum head that Matt from vinage inlines is selling. (it splits the head and intake for a big boost in options)

I'm, in Blountville! I was told Center Auto Machine in Kingsport does good work. (423) 247-8168. 700 W Center St Kingsport, TN 37660. Give them a call.

Back