Folks dig the 3x1...

It looks like you are actually drawing ported vacuum off the side off the center carb, but you said you were drawing off the intake manifold so where do you have the ported carb line going?
You are absolutely correct- my bad. A year or so prior to installing the 3x1, I swapped my stock distributor out for an HEI style distributor with a vacuum and mechanical advance. At that time, I plugged off the SCV port on my original 1100 and drew vacuum from the manifold. When I installed the 3x1, the center 1100 was a later model that allowed me to draw vacuum straight from the carb, and I replugged my manifold. Sorry for the confusion, sometimes I lose track of everything.

I'm struggling a bit to totally understand the issue you have with the short length of the center rod to the carb... one thing I notice a little different postion-wise on your setup vrs one I used to run is the center "inverted V" linkage piece on your car doesn't seem to start from a vertical position, yours starts a bit "pulled back" so you would need a shorter center rod up to the carb and would potentially have less motion to pull back to wide open throttle? On mine all the pivots including the center were very vertical and I was able to use all three of the carb rods that came with the Offy linkage. Not sure why the difference here. I ran an Autolite 1100 in the center and a Holley 1904 at each end but that shouldn't make any difference.
I know exactly what you are saying- if I could just allow the "v-pivot" (I think they're called "bell cranks") to be more vertical, I could use a longer linkage rod. However, then I run back into the clearance issue with the A/C compressor. If I use a longer linkage rod, that center connection point at the end of the bellcrank moves forward, which pushes the bar that controls the front carb forward (and into the compressor). The end of that front bar is currently about 1/8" from the compressor, so clearance is pretty tight. Do you have A/C? (Without the A/C compressor, there would be tons more room for the linkage, header, etc.).

I cannot say enough good things about 1hotvega (aka "Jeff"). Besides doing a great job of building the head and installing the Offenhauser adapter, he answered all my (many) questions and gave great advice all along the way. I hope to never need another head again, but- if I did- I would definitely source it through Jeff.

Best regards,
Pete

I think Perry lists him w/our preferred vendors.

Howdy Back;

The accent strip is the one at the bottom of the sides. Back in the day they were called Monte Carlo strips until Shelby put them down the middle of the car, front to back.

Keep it coming.

Adios, David

The accent strip is the one at the bottom of the sides.
Got it- here ya go. My understanding was the stripes would be matched to the interior color, so I went with red.

tumblr_nxvforKCow1sgxuf1o1_1280.jpg
tumblr_no496hQDEI1sgxuf1o8_1280.jpg

1strodeo":a60ctzcv said:
chad":a60ctzcv said:
I think Perry lists him w/our preferred vendors.
I don't know where the preferred vendors are listed...and I looked around too :unsure:
I took a quick spin on the site's home Index page and didn't see anything. May B a tap on the shoulder at Fourm Issues Only could supply more info? As an entirely voulnteer Board there may be some time and energy constraints to work with.
I will admit this was only a concept brought up (reciently) and may have not been worked thru at this point.
Let's see what develops.
Your willingness to assist may be of use, I'm not certain.

Back