Turbo 240 or 300

cool and the motor side is the side without the sensor attachment correct? it won't let me post any more pics it says my board attachment quota has been reached :cry: . we almost have the stock fuel rail moved and mounted and have cut the stock 300 intake manifold to prep it for the plenum construction. Will the schrader valve need a little hose when would that thing be blowing off?

So we got the new mounts for the fuel rail all welded up. When I was putting the injectors in. I noticed that the mechanic didn't do any head work!!!!! He didn't even polish the head and I know I told him to machine spots for the injectors and to Port and polish it!!!! Now what do I do? I'm guessing the notch in the upper corner of the intake hole is pretty important?

Post a picture of the intake port so we can view the valve guide boss.
The work in the bowl area is the important part of the job.

ok you want a pic of the intake hole on the head right? i hope it keeps letting me post pics i didn't take any tonight because i didnt think it would let me post them. i will take some tomorrow. here is some that i took a couple nights ago of the fuel the rail and the plenum mocked up. for some reason it is letting me now.

Attachments

• IMG_20171017_191111434_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20171017_191111434_HDR.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 753
  • IMG_20171017_191107142_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20171017_191107142_HDR.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 256
Ramian17":emsq0lif said:
Do you still haver that taller valve cover pmuller?
No, sold it.
I was able to clear the rocker adjustment nuts using two cork cover gaskets.

so I'm trying to be wishful that we will finish the plenum tomorrow. in the planning of the plenum build i was wondering at what point between the turbo and basically the throttle body do i need to change the intake piping from the smaller turbo outlet size to the larger 65mm of the throttle body? or does it not matter? i feel like the two options are right out of the turbo meaning the piping all the way to the intercooler and then to the throttle body has to be that larger 65mm, or between the intercooler and the throttle body.

Turbo size tubing between the turbo and intercooler and Throttle body size tubing between the intercooler and throttle body.

Awesome thanks for the reply. i hope i can make it all fit!!! will i need an adaptor after the intercooler or can i get an intercooler with different sized openings?

It looks like most of the big universal intercoolers are 3.00" inlet and outlet.
I would adapt at the intercooler inlet and outlet.

awesome will do. sorry for so many questions but what size intercooler do i want and how do you figure that out?

This is a case where the "bigger the better".
If it is possible, get one about the same size as the radiator and place it in front.

Are you able to post a picture of the intake port?

i tried to post a picture but it is back to saying that the board attachment quota has been reached? you didn't want me to take the head off and take a pic of the bottom of the head did you? really i want an intercooler that big?!?!?! what if it is a little smaller lol? i tried to do some research on intercooler sizing and there is a lot of info to sort through. would you know some measurements for what would be the perfect sized intercooler for this application?

Yeah I think something like that might fit. I will need something that is 12 inchs tall and around 30 inchs wide. My new question is can I just buy intercooler core like you can radiator and then weld some custom tanks on the end with the openings facing the way I need them and the size I need?

Cool yeah something like that would probably fit. I'm just not sure about the piping to and from. Might have to go with custom tanks just to help with piping. Is one that size definitely big enough for my job? I might just buy one like that and then cut and modify the tanks as needed?

Back