61 falcon "rusty bob"

chad":biucz700 said:
good to hear about your progress, thanks 4 comin back.

I see you have an HEI distrub on there...what R the other components in ur ignition system?
I ran the hot wire that originally went to the old coil to the hot on the hei. That's all I did, still runs on the key the old way. I still need to get cut to fit wires and make plug wire brackets. As for other electrical I adapted a chevy 1 wire alternator and I'm running the wire straight to the battery so no need for any of the old rectifier and made the wire harness much smaller.

""T" on the road draft tube"

I've read this twice this week on this forum and it is incorrect. T= 170. It was on my 170's road draft tube, T in a circle. Solid lifter engine. Did they make 200's with solid lifters?

144 = "N'

170= "T"

ci/Ident-2.html

ok so Ive not really done enough lately but ive been try to do little things at least to make the car nicer and easier to work on.
removed the fuel tank, I'm going to need a new one obviously
x8eHEvf.jpg

pulled apart the bottom of the front seat and put in some maters pad and put on a free seat cover I got. doesn't mater because the track is rusted all the way forward and I'm going to probably have to take apart the whole seat to dislodge it just to drive it
BclowBP.jpg

JYC2Wny.jpg

5ass5bI.jpg

took the head lights out and apart and had them sand blasted along with a few other parts like the fuel tank inlet tube and some hold downs for the seat. after sand blasting they were cleaned, heated, and painted with roll bar paint. also replacing all the screws and bolts I can remove with stainless hardware covered in anti-seize
bknQ5ga.jpg

uRS7N6f.jpg

Jbs0IM6.jpg

D3CGP5h.jpg

adFu1K7.jpg

"RB",
ur not bringing this back from Zero, but pretty close.
Thanks for all U R doing, subscribed to the thread'n watchin!
(wida smile)

Keep it up!

antiseize all stainless fasteners, they aren't good with touching other metals. They will seize and stick if not covered in antiseize

been working on my truck lately, unfortunately it has to live outside right now but at least its getting work done.
2VPQzxJ.jpg

I've still got to work on the coolant tubes and get rid of the bendy straw sections, they look like junk on it but right now its more about getting it running reliably
Z9gMoXZ.jpg

also got extra time the other day and wanted to check how the pistons are doing after a few cranks on my falcon, still just don't trust it quite yet since I bought it as "good" but the previous owner didn't even know they had a blown head gasket

its a bit hard to make it out by the picture but all 6 cylinders look clean as well as the pistons
sTw7V4P.jpg

got my new radiator yesterday and dropped it in, its not bolted down but is it supposed to be so close to the pulleys? at most ill have an inch between it and the water pump pulley bolts and the radiator
12L5i3d.jpg

don't get rid of it, all the panels R for sale after mrkt.
Stick w/us!?! No?, trade when finished for a '60 - 63 'chero !

(we have a [glow=red]For Sale[/glow] forum to put it in)

chad":25prxm3a said:
don't get rid of it, all the panels R for sale after mrkt.
Stick w/us!?! No?, trade when finished for a '60 - 63 'chero !

(we have a [glow=red]For Sale[/glow] forum to put it in)
I just realized I don't know what to do with it when it's done, I've got a ton of other cars. I'm selling one this weekend, if I get rid of the falcon also I'll still have 6

6 aint enuff
U need 10, lol

8^0

don't 4get our 4sale forum...

put the head lights in pretty late but that looks much better
WMafEKj.jpg

painted a new master cylinder and installed and changed the bolts to stainless allens, going to have to do new lines though
fwrDGht.jpg

lCyuk63.jpg

passenger head light harness was bad, I didn't find the right gauge wire but this is close on the connector at least and well soldered
7GlHpSA.jpg

emYDUbL.jpg

plug wires still look like junk and I think ill rebuild the engine after I get everything else where I'm happy but its a good start
WzMPZCk.jpg

went to pick up some parts from my storage barn I haven't been in for months, things are too dusty in there and needs cleaning
s1vWV0d.jpg

Back