More New Falcon Drama ! ARGGGGGG !

falconcritter

Supporter 2023
Supporter 2021
Supporter 2018
It has been just over a month and I still have not got my Falcon Set Up ! :banghead: So it started with carb not staying tuned in , idiot light comes on when I brake , to engine not keeping timing . I Spent 1,500 on Brakes , mounts , and gaskets . Last week had to replace the Dizzy and put a Borg Warner Electronic Kit in . Last night I put on a fuel pump . So this morning , The wife and I was finally looking forward to a long nice cruise ! I put on a new radiator cap . And we warmed up the girl and the wife says "What is this puddle coming from the front of the car !" The Original water pump went out !!!!! On top of that I did not get all of the gasket off of the fuel pump and it was leaking oil out . :banghead: Spent all day today getting the old bird healthy again ! Man ....... I really would like too just Cruise !!!!!!!! :nod: Will try again tomorrow !

falconcritter":1uctnfg5 said:
Will try again tomorrow !
Yes, we all will.
Untill some day, yes, we WILL get that ride. 8) Glad ya got some 1 ta share it wid.
Here's hopin its B4 every part is replaced and re-done several times !!!
(y)
:nod:

SUCCESSFUL 40 miles Cruise !! :D Just a slight leak at the water pump hose end . Re-Adjust the clamp and tighten it back down ! Crossing my fingers ! (y)
RUNNING ON 6 CYLINDERS AGAIN !!!!!

U Go Man !!
persistance changes da whole worl !

Runnin nice (for several mo.)?
Oz 2V comin right up!

As to your oil light situation during braking I still think you will need some oil pan baffles to cure the problem, there is a good group of posts that could be of help to you (see the below link) (y) :nod:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=75849

Hey Bubba , well the oil light problem stems from oil leaking inside the dizzy killing the timing and lowering the rpm to stall . It did not come on one time during the 40 miles cruise . As with the fuel pump - I had to change the thermostat gasket again ! The lower rad hose was not leaking but the thermo was. And the Wife found the leak ! She is a fast learner !

That’s great mews Falconcritter, having an understanding wife for this old car hobby is quite wonderful, having one that helps you work on them is very rare. :beer: congrats ang good luck (y) :nod:

Back