Took the Mustang to the track....

gus91326

Supporter 2018
Took my 200 Mustang to the track. Nothing broke, so it was a good day! Car ran flawless all day. I haven't dyno'd the car, but it was having no trouble accelerating around. To boot, I had an 80's 911 following me around the track only for me to pull away from him on the straights.

D2YtxrzZc2pezMuw5

2KuaPJpp4i93mJP47

In case the images don't work, here are the direct links:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/D2YtxrzZc2pezMuw5
https://photos.app.goo.gl/2KuaPJpp4i93mJP47

Great pics! Your car is looking good, like pan am or touring style.

8KqLpzK3OJiDMupoY77uB9ZjaOKNyF9LEXUqvsF-w_UW8i1G2b8gJyK6a8QjY6ohRo_xt-autnzDiMUaZURLRfUJnVfrPCAEZayeYG3B2xExnC1nRRgfdHq-S33ChsacKJFUEUE9uGk0zPqN-KyTtA4aTz9P_-jFQj0w2jif3vsmvXOXUlC1YfaQSpfMfeEkopb4-q5v-EH5wtVUk4L5o6Cr2gBpxcNdCs-kegUDeRyEmi89EoiuC7ohMmz-QsVKmosof5oq3ZPNa1JI3Rfexz9iPEpMx4jbRmzZzwnAZhB8Bl2VQ6NKh1SYaj1JYJr7Xv5SUwHrL6JWMPFp6zrR4uhlAdw8X8cakf2uL0KxfjCZFZC9HEebSQlMfOj44MKP8zxIiR8QZ-Wt2MvWyE1g-0R1BNK5JJ5Yuv-OyHnDggPkXlbAqAI77WA6R_dKlrkxhlWQpHkppjI6KklqgxLW3jUCrOkL8B8F6xD8vpq5V8ey0y7So8JwSlsQsef_c5Ms-czsMfTDMoOJiLws8KNiqOIDln8D8nWsjRwE5OLzocI5vlWuG2qgDYcp-FeGpYv-7IFlBzGNiVG4hJcxMVaIkzE9QlulvrmcTU79f5QnClPYbCPK90vd49P4LftC6nhyMWbBxL0gZY14kgF7SdeWgZpzKCHG0o_l=w994-h662-no

[image]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/IFjZgEeSPA4OMqFfLQw6Wyvq_4SJWYbj0Dn3RTHtCePSpcgeGyCB8uCwOLP5nr7TdF9yJ7LME-J2FnIlAIcENezeKmFZXC6KtjZYFLheqDOfrHyo6aSRTY0RZjC7yA_WdvEVJCwNQgrKe-sVCiJpRhBRX6UZGrD4y5urKOCkCVTx2IuZcK5N_T4p9PyeqiPux5F6mKS2M2wIQD_-AcXBRbfCT_XrhO-LBo9L6-uT-SHcXEzCNw2Askk4Ds1Q2PfVapBLxjdXWDxMwNBZgEhZOy_GjkCv5nrTmTLAoHPtSsU9boBmhxxaqSFy3DyWoOMJmo55SzS7b0OjyQDUJ9zDZuFMl-Q3u7wEU2MPw39TBGqW-GwNmcobO-h4CEDRgTCjv5-eLPcru-P381mG1zjesO4pzzPby5C_5F7b35ZVZIxP8Hb0xgYL3NwBr0aotY5u8O2fRiCWTrXUODy-wle9PLT-GttTKK7RTLusXTVXaMUpXZ48dHJY54BkNu3d8Fi4ARGWvNbzcRNNKK9OR18AFSLYFvdZALo6vgYUjE9bKu-7XzPBWsCKtc0pr73WkDAkLBgg27dE3n11qlVMwdja4dGSWDTNWYUeWrZ7mkvoyo6Ou5mgi-VW_XKebxfZ30YQL95dOiptcqXAaIFRPYeIVT1W9UEIYV9O=w994-h662-no[/image]

To get those pictures to post I clicked on them then clicked on them again so they were full screen in google chrome, then right clicked on the image and selected 'Open image in new tab' and used that tabs link. Which is crazy long, but it worked.

yeah, what kinda track gus?

they seem to have circle track & (what I call) le manns style, no drag (& pic didn't appear 2B on a 'straight line').

Kouwell ! esp the porche news.
Was it 'lemans or oval track?

Le Manns? - I'm prouda ya, bro!
Sounds like fun - I didn't C any specs in yer sig. How is the car equipped?

chad":1hkjaoq9 said:
they seem to have circle track & (what I call) le manns style, no drag (& pic didn't appear 2B on a 'straight line').

Kouwell ! esp the porche news.
Was it 'lemans or oval track?

Le Manns? - I'm prouda ya, bro!
Sounds like fun - I didn't C any specs in yer sig. How is the car equipped?

Thanks for the kind words! It was on what's called the Streets of Willow- it's a short 1.5 mile road course that favors smaller-engine cars.

My car has a V8 suspension, Galaxy front brakes, CI aluminum head with YT rockers, Fitech injection, 10:1 pistons, Bill's HEI distributor, T5 trans, 8" rear with 3.80 gears, and a bunch of other stuff that I can't remember offhand. It ran great- never got hot or anything.

very cool!
thnx 4 ur post/esp da pic!
Hope U go again.
("Just an hour frm LA").

Those are Super Cool pictures. It looks like you were having a blast!

That is a great Mustang and I like that color. High level of performance mods you assembled there it must be a blast to drive.

The car looks good in the corner. ( very little body roll). Did the 911 driver know he was chasing a little six. I know from experience Porsche drivers do not like to be pasted by a mustang much less a six cylinder. Nice job (y)

I had a couple of newer Mustang guys come over to see the car and were surprised by what was under the hood. Porsche guy never came over to see me- lol. I ran with the LA Shelby club- they were super cool and were actually receptive to the car. One guy that has a real GT350 kept telling me how much he liked the car because it was so different.

Thanks again for the kind words- I definitely love the car and want to drive it on the track more now.

Shelly6":1adhbbah said:
Sweet car! What does your fender badge say?

It's a "200" badge. There's a guy on ebay that was making them using two "260" V8 badges. Very subtle!

The car looks good on the track (y)

Willows is a nice track. Been there a couple of times. It's been around since the 50's right?

I might do a no passing event later this year.

Still admiring this Mustang. If you get a chance to include some pics of the engine that would be a big hit.

yer earlier came thru fine, not this..

Back