Looking for fordomatic 2 speed tailshaft housing

Moderator: Mod Squad

H8D-COMET

Looking for fordomatic 2 speed tailshaft housing

Post #1 by H8D-COMET » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:39 pm

Hey guys, so I was stabbing back in my 200 and 2 speed trans and chain slipped and I broke the end of my tailshaft. Going to need a new one. Found a few on Ebay that look right but they are putting length at like 13". I measured mine and from where it bolts to trans to end of housing and it's right on 15". Let me know if anyone has one please!

StarDiero75

Re: Looking for fordomatic 2 speed tailshaft housing

Post #2 by StarDiero75 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:13 am

H8D-COMET wrote:Hey guys, so I was stabbing back in my 200 and 2 speed trans and chain slipped and I broke the end of my tailshaft. Going to need a new one. Found a few on Ebay that look right but they are putting length at like 13". I measured mine and from where it bolts to trans to end of housing and it's right on 15". Let me know if anyone has one please!

I have a complete 2spd but i kinda want to sell it all together. Its just taking up space. I figure it'll be nice to have for parts for you too. It comes with the converter and all.

Heres the link so yoy can see what youd be getting. I can send more pics as well
https://seattle.craigslist.org/kit/pts/ ... 11741.html
--1965 Ranchero w/1966 200 and 3.03 column shift, 8" rear 2.8 (Yes I know the gearing sucks), weber 32/36, CRT Performance HEI.
--1961 Studebaker Lark VI, OHV 170 l6 in the process of being resurrected. But it lives
--Creator of the only Weber 32/36 conversion video.

H8D-COMET

Post #3 by H8D-COMET » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:45 pm

StarDiero75 wrote:
H8D-COMET wrote:Hey guys, so I was stabbing back in my 200 and 2 speed trans and chain slipped and I broke the end of my tailshaft. Going to need a new one. Found a few on Ebay that look right but they are putting length at like 13". I measured mine and from where it bolts to trans to end of housing and it's right on 15". Let me know if anyone has one please!

I have a complete 2spd but i kinda want to sell it all together. Its just taking up space. I figure it'll be nice to have for parts for you too. It comes with the converter and all.

Heres the link so yoy can see what youd be getting. I can send more pics as well

Really don’t need the whole trans and eventually plan on a c4 swap. Shipping would suck too. If that tailshaft measures 15” long I will make you an offer on it that might entice you lol

StarDiero75

Post #4 by StarDiero75 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:25 am

H8D-COMET wrote:
StarDiero75 wrote:

Really don’t need the whole trans and eventually plan on a c4 swap. Shipping would suck too. If that tailshaft measures 15” long I will make you an offer on it that might entice you lol

Alright, tickle my fancy. Suprise me with thy offer lol. Im not opposed to it. Where are you located by chance?
--1965 Ranchero w/1966 200 and 3.03 column shift, 8" rear 2.8 (Yes I know the gearing sucks), weber 32/36, CRT Performance HEI.
--1961 Studebaker Lark VI, OHV 170 l6 in the process of being resurrected. But it lives
--Creator of the only Weber 32/36 conversion video.