Water Jacket Hole Issue

THANK YOU ALL!! It’s out!

I took the pump off, sprayed PB and use vice grips. I had a few mm sticking out. Now I can paint this pump and do a little cleaning of all the grime and rust. I appreciate all the tips and advice!!

Cheers,
Matthew

FBAD8B44-90CF-4825-88DC-00AB525F784F.jpeg
1183C2E8-768D-443D-B12B-A0A18403F0F6.jpeg

Matthew68":2dqkmiit said:
It’s out!

You are one of the lucky few. You've used your free pass.

Using a MIG, borrowed or whatever, is the best way to remove snapped bolts that are flush. Place a nut over the stub and fill the hole with a MIG. I've welded bolt to bolt, too, but filling a nut is much easier. Keeps the weld and heat contained to the nut and stub. Weld heat breaks the vast majority of stumps loose.

Easy-outs... [cough]scam[/cough].

Rick(wrench)

Alright, ready to put the painted pump back on. I was so freaked about the broken small bolt I didn’t realize that the two longer bolts are different. Which bolt goes in which hole? One has threads over the length of the bolt the other only halfway up.

"... I had a few mm sticking out...."
I thought U said it wuz flush.
I would recommend that if I knew....thing is if U don't make those grips very tight
U chew up (destroy) the revealed threads & can't use some other methods of removal.
Congrats!
Glad U decided to mount ur pump w/all its bolts.
Look around the backside (if I remember correctly) of the pump (where it mounts) I think
the block reveals where the long/shrt bolts go.
Use a nail, wire, cut off coat hanger, stick it inda hole'n measure...
Place the "never dry up" style gasket goop on both sides of the gasket. I've had good results w/it.
(Blue tube, red snot inside...1 ada Permitex I believe). Glue gasket on block, test fit pump/bolts,
remove, more snot, replace'n tighten to spec.

Back