Turbo 200 Becomes lean after about 5 seconds of WOT NEED HELP URGENT

pmuller9":30o5odkn said:
thatblue_67stang":30o5odkn said:
i have a vacuum block on the firewall connected to where the brake booster is ussually connected on the carb. im thinking of routing the fuel regulator to take boost directly from the turbo

The fuel regulator boost reference line needs to see the pressure that the carburetor is seeing.
The line needs to connect to the carburetor hat or the tube running to the hat.

Have you been able to temporarily mount the fuel pressure gauge on the hood or someplace you can see it to check fuel pressure under boost?

No my gauge is mounted right to my regulator so I need to get a electronic pressure gauge. Waiting for it to come in the mail

pmuller9":oth0s4y8 said:
thatblue_67stang":oth0s4y8 said:
i have a vacuum block on the firewall connected to where the brake booster is ussually connected on the carb. im thinking of routing the fuel regulator to take boost directly from the turbo

The fuel regulator boost reference line needs to see the pressure that the carburetor is seeing.
The line needs to connect to the carburetor hat or the tube running to the hat.

Have you been able to temporarily mount the fuel pressure gauge on the hood or someplace you can see it to check fuel pressure under boost?

It's fixed. All I had to do was give the regulator boost before the carb got it and it was able to keep up with the flow of fuel that the engine needed.

Great! I was hoping that would fix it.

The carburetor creates a drop in pressure so the intake manifold pressure is less than the pressure going into the carb.
If you reference off the intake manifold the fuel pressure will be less than the pressure in the carb and the fuel flow will decrease under boost.

Your base fuel pressure should be 6 psi without boost. What do you have it set at?

pmuller9":1wgza38l said:
Great! I was hoping that would fix it.

The carburetor creates a drop in pressure so the intake manifold pressure is less than the pressure going into the carb.
If you reference off the intake manifold the fuel pressure will be less than the pressure in the carb and the fuel flow will decrease under boost.

Your base fuel pressure should be 6 psi without boost. What do you have it set at?

i have it set at exactly 6. she rips now. never thought i would get the old inline6 to feel so good. turbos are amazing and thank you for the help. im only 20 and have much to learn about all this but its a passion.

I pore over every forced induction post mining for hints on my own FI projects, here's a few thoughts and related pics on this post thread '

Wondern' if you are using vent tube extensions?. My 250 with Vortech SC (@5-8 PSI boost @3500rpm) and blo-thru 2300's was erratic at boost until I extended carb vent tube into charge tube @ 3". Engine would oscillate from good AFR to lean after a few seconds under boost until xtension tubes added, extensions may well be worth a try ... (3/8 fuel/brake line fits stock vent port)

250 SC project started with 500CFM 4412 but tuned to optimum AFR's finally with the 7448 350'. As boost was incrementally increased with blow-off relief valve adjustments' , the AFR;s would go rich until I backed down main jets repeatedly. I bored the 2300's existing unused hat-tap pass through casting for direct hat pressure port for regulator reference and Power Valve port remote access but instead currently using bowl pressure referenced 'reverse' Power Valve setup. Jet extensions are also helpful when fuel weight hysteresis vs acceleration is a factor. 8)

Car uses elec pump, OEM fuel supply line with 3/8 return to tank filler tube. Aeromotive reg' set @ 7 lbs at atmosphere, increases linearly following boost to @15PSI.

('if Photobucks allows:)

on NA test mill:

Maverick test platform

fuel:

. . .

gauges are boost at compressor-AFR-boost at intake manifold

The setup is fairly simple and car is docile at NA/partial throttle cruise. At usable RPM, the SC enables instant available boost when throttle is opened.

Have fun

powerband":lb6b46ou said:
I pore over every forced induction post mining for hints on my own FI projects, here's a few thoughts and related pics on this post thread '

Wondern' if you are using vent tube extensions?. My 250 with Vortech SC (@5-8 PSI boost @3500rpm) and blo-thru 2300's was erratic at boost until I extended carb vent tube into charge tube @ 3". Engine would oscillate from good AFR to lean after a few seconds under boost until xtension tubes added, extensions may well be worth a try ... (3/8 fuel/brake line fits stock vent port)

250 SC project started with 500CFM 4412 but tuned to optimum AFR's finally with the 7448 350'. As boost was incrementally increased with blow-off relief valve adjustments' , the AFR;s would go rich until I backed down main jets repeatedly. I bored the 2300's exiting unused hat-tap pass through casting for direct hat pressure port for regulator reference and Power Valve port remote access but instead currently using bowl pressure referenced 'reverse' Power Valve setup. Jet extensions are also helpful when fuel weight hysteresis vs acceleration is a factor. 8)

Car uses elec pump, OEM fuel supply line with 3/8 return to tank filler tube. Aeromotive reg' set @ 7 lbs at atmosphere, increases linearly following boost to @15PSI.

('if Photobucks allows:)

on NA test mill:

Maverick test platform

. .

gauges are boost at compressor-AFR-boost at intake manifold

The setup is fairly simple and car is a docile driver at NA/partial throttle cruise. At usable RPM, the SC enables instant available boost when throttle is opened.

Have fun

yes you were one of the first to help me about 6 months ago. i went from a 500 like you down to a 350. 500 was way to big. i have a vent extension and its great. once i turn up the boost i will be buying myself a billet aluminum quickfuel metering block which means i can tune every hole on it with tiny jets. everything from power valve holes to emulsion tube holes.

Back