Wastegate Location

In addition to all the other guys advice, drag-200stang's advice is right.

Like this

TS017-1-1.jpg

turbosix had the same process.

file.php

Lincs200 used the same idea.
/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=24859

Wastegate:

wastegate.jpg

It was the only place I could put it and not hit anything.....not too bad for a few hours work. Nice to have a TIG welder.

The postive corntrol of a wastgate is the very best, and it must be upstream of the exhaust, with all pulses from the six exhaust ports feeding the turbo. Anyhing else will not work well.

See 66Sprint6

viewtopic.php?f=22&t=70797
66Sprint6":3k0kploj said:
Right after posting up about the latest tweaks the UPS guy dropped this sucker off.

RJC's 3" downpipe flange with larger wastegate puck. Gonna be a bit of work to get it all sorted but I cant wait to get to it. Should free things up nicely behind the turbo and allow me to rid some of the small bottlenecks in the setup.

Matt

66Sprint6":3k0kploj said:
Got some welding done today. Little cleanup to allow the bolts to clear and it was set.

Looks awesome...so close! Gonna try to get the header to a buddy to TIG up for me and in the mean time I'll keep the downpipe going till it connects with the rest of the exhaust.

Matt

I really appreciate everyone's input! I'll post some photos as soon as I get time to weld on the wastegate flange.

Hi curts56, I have been wondering how your doing on your Turbo 300 project?

Hi curts56, I have been wondering how your doing on your Turbo 300 project?
Hi Bubba, thanks for asking. Both my kids decided to get married, so the funds for my 56 F100 and 300 turbo project were redirected to pay for their weddings.💰 Hopefully I can get back to it this year.

Back