Turbo 300 '67 Stang

brandoncw":2gjo9vl8 said:
Do i need 3/8 chromoly rods or 7/16 dual tapered rods?? And what length push rods for these rockers and an 85-86 head?

A 3/8", .083" to .095" wall pushrod is sufficient. The biggest pressure is opening the exhaust valve against the high cylinder pressure during high boost levels.

You will need an adjustable pushrod to figure the correct pushrod length.
Comp 7903-1 if you have access to a 12" caliper. Comp 7706-1 if you don't have a 12" caliper.

The height of the roller rockers must be set so the roller tip rides equally accross the center of the tip of the valve stem as the valves open and close.
After the rockers are at the correct height then the adjustable pushrods are reset for the correct lifter preload giving you the correct pushrod length.

pmuller9":okyk2mc7 said:
The height of the roller rockers must be set so the roller tip rides equally accross the center of the tip of the valve stem as the valves open and close.
After the rockers are at the correct height then the adjustable pushrods are reset for the correct lifter preload giving you the correct pushrod length.
Thanks for the info.
To set the height id buy a shim kit right?

brandoncw":2d0gvgp2 said:
Yes.
The valves are .060" longer than the stock EFI valves but the valve lift, cam base circle and other things can also affect the rocker height for the correct geometry.

pmuller9":h8b6h4ov said:
brandoncw":h8b6h4ov said:
Yes.
The valves are .060" longer than the stock EFI valves but the valve lift, cam base circle and other things can also affect the rocker height for the correct geometry.
I did some research on the rocker geometry. seems simple enough, basically want the imaginary line between the roller tip center point and the pivots center point to be at a perfect 90* @ half the lift and the roller in the center of the valve stem
Just got to play with shims and pushrod length till its right.

Well i think i scored on an 85-86 cylinder head, someone is supposed to be sending me one through oriellys, and its getting inspected! Couldnt ask for a better deal than that. Also heres some more pics of what ive got going on so far. The mustang isnt really mine yet, but on a previous thread i posted that the guys wife didnt want to sell the car yet but if it was still there over the summer, they would agree to sell it. And i checked up back at home and the car hasnt moved an inch, so it looking good for me.

Attachments

• ford 300 block.jpg
    ford 300 block.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 63
  • valve cover.jpg
    valve cover.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 63
  • turbo.png
    turbo.png
    734.5 KB · Views: 63
  • mustang.jpg
    mustang.jpg