Found an engine

The intake valves look to be 1.68.

By the looks of things, Im pretty sure the exhaust valves will need to be replaced. I had a set off 144 intake valves, but I cant find them, Im thinking I gave them to a guy I sold a 200 to.

Progress: The block is bare except for the dipstick tube, it looks like it is pressed in, some heat should coax it put.

Im dropping the block and crank at the machine shop next week. Im hoping for a .030 overbore. I will also have cam bearings installed.

As soon as the shop tells me the block and crank are ok, I will need to start ordering parts.

This will be a DD/weekend cruiser. C4, 2.79 gears, ac, ps. I want a smooth idle and low maintenance. Im not looking to go fast or tear up the curves, I just want a dependable classic to cruise around in. When this is done, Im going to try and buy a 66 F100 Ive had my eye on for awhile. Then Im selling everything else and driving classics. Well the wife will keep her 17 ecoboost.

Im planning on a stock top end, DSII, autolite 1100, 8.8-9.0 compression.

No idea on what brand or profile can. Im interested in Mikes "budget 250 build" I would like to go his route on pistons and rods to bring the compression up.

Georgia200":2vx2a32s said:
The intake valves look to be 1.68.

By the looks of things, Im pretty sure the exhaust valves will need to be replaced. I had a set off 144 intake valves, but I cant find them, Im thinking I gave them to a guy I sold a 200 to.

Progress: The block is bare except for the dipstick tube, it looks like it is pressed in, some heat should coax it put.

Im dropping the block and crank at the machine shop next week. Im hoping for a .030 overbore. I will also have cam bearings installed.

As soon as the shop tells me the block and crank are ok, I will need to start ordering parts.

This will be a DD/weekend cruiser. C4, 2.79 gears, ac, ps. I want a smooth idle and low maintenance. Im not looking to go fast or tear up the curves, I just want a dependable classic to cruise around in. When this is done, Im going to try and buy a 66 F100 Ive had my eye on for awhile. Then Im selling everything else and driving classics. Well the wife will keep her 17 ecoboost.

Im planning on a stock top end, DSII, autolite 1100, 8.8-9.0 compression.

No idea on what brand or profile can. Im interested in Mikes "budget 250 build" I would like to go his route on pistons and rods to bring the compression up.
Right on man! I've been dailying a 65 Ranchero w/200 3 OTT for 2 years now. I love seeing people daily classics, its what they were originally meant for. I want a car next, either a Falcon wagon or a early 70s maverick.

Continue to let us know how its going. I just got an E0xxx head and want to do a direct autolite 2bbl onto it. So if you go that route let me know how it goes

Way back I had a 71 250/3spd Grabber. It was a fun car, zippy, great mileage for the time. Yellow with black and a set of Keystone Classics. Ive got a pic somewhere.

Back