Banner Ad

9Manchu

Supporter 2019
There is a rather large banner ad on the home page announcing that "ALUMINUM HEADS ARE BACK". Can anyone confirm if this is true. I have emailed, signed up for alerts, and order parts from Vintage Inlines in an effort to find out and have heard nothing back about the heads. I know they are understaffed and I know what it is like to start a business, but I have never tried so hard to give someone money in my life.

On a related note if anyone knows of a Aussie 2v or crossflow head for sale please let me know. I have access to designers, a caster and a whole lot of machining equipment.

Thanks,

Get in touch with Matt at vintageinlines.com
Be patient he will get back to you asap.

My first email went out in January. I have sent several since then. All with no replies. I even placed an order for other items to confirm they were still in business, (which I received.) The only responses I have gotten were auto replies for signing up for notifications and for my order confirmation. On the contact page of their website they state they are no longer taking phone calls due to volume. I have respected that and have not attempted a phone call.

I understand its a new, small, niche business and I would love to help them out by giving them more money; but I would also like to move forward on my project.

Thank you for the reply,

Yeah, i know. The info on the page is pretty outdated. Has anyone had updates recently (2019?)

The VI website has been mildly updated recently, but still no email responses from Matt. Anybody heard anything lately?

I heard back yesterday!! Thanks Matt for the reply!!

Hi Roger,

Here's what I've been telling people:

This is a form response, so I may not be answering other questions you had, but, regarding the aluminum cylinder head:

I have added you to the list to get notified when I can take your order. At the current rate, it could be several months before I can take your order. When I can take your order, I do have to ask for payment in full, it’s the only way I can keep the operation going. Currently, the wait after you pay is 2-3 months. I try not to take more orders than I can fill in a reasonable length of time.

I am in the process of trying to add more capacity so the wait time will be reduced. I hope that can happen by the end of 2019.

I realize the current timing will make it difficult for customers trying to get an engine built this winter, and I apologize. I am doing everything I can to increase production.

Thanks for your patience,
Matt

Back