Photo of small six with custom three 2-V manifold?

62Ranchero200

Famous Member
Greetings Ford Six Fans,

Somewhere on the forum I have previously seen a photo of a small six with a custom, three 2-V manifold - Holley (I think) or Autolite carbs, vertically oriented (completely separate from the Lynx/Australian/Weber trip manifolds).

Would appreciate any help to find this photo.

Thank you,
Bob

quick links above (has tech archive in it, also immage gallery - paeg 5 has one), VI home page scroll thru that by use of "arrow", the search function here...
Denarootie (Xctasy) & powerband (members here) have extensive personal gif library (or pic, images, whatever they're called).
:nod:

If it is the one I am thinking about, I think that it was photo chopped...No reason that it could not be done....Maybe a bit to much on stockish engine with an auto.

looks like the "M" head...
U don't have 1 w/o the adapters do U Ryan?

Any 1 know what carbs would fit w/o interference?...starting to look pretty crowded ?!?

Any 1 know what carbs would fit w/o interference?...starting to look pretty crowded ?!?

.. that's the question, mockups I've done have linkage and parts interference issues not to mention synchronizing. Adding a plenum can add some real estate for carb choices . Removable plenum could offer differering carb configuration swapping.

'still like the idea of three small 2bbl progressives ...

haev fun

3 X 2+2

. .

simpler Tri-Port big 2bbl adapter:

I didn't know ur 'square log' had 2v's. Seen it alot.
Thank U for placing it on our site again!

What carbs did U use again? 2 on the ends different frm the 1 in middle?
Is it still in use? 170 motor?

chad":1eunruze said:
looks like the "M" head...
U don't have 1 w/o the adapters do U Ryan?

No i wish i did. I found this trying to get pictures without the adapter for just 1 2v setup. But this has me thinking if i should try it since I'm gonna have mine setup for 1 2v. Maybe just have covers over the outer 2 in case i want to try 3 carbs, then i have that option

there R 2 different Offie's for these motors (triples) 1 older/sm log, one newer/bigger log. Using those U can have some nice linkage (the hard prt to me) & try 2 block off plates - IF wanting to make ur 3 mill passes for trips. Set up the 1 carb, come back later w/o having to remove head/remachine - when trying the 3. Not certain Y any1 would wanna do as U suggest tho. If U mill 3 'holes' ur gunna use them all, no?
I'd say set up a head for the direct mount 2v. Get nother head set w/the trips. Swap.
For me? -
Or better yet the Tqer for 1 and another for mpg - but this is a multi purpose vehicle & it would B to specialize in 1 or the other at different times (off v on road).

62Ranchero200":2azt7o22 said:
Greetings Ford Six Fans,

Somewhere on the forum I have previously seen a photo of a small six with a custom, three 2-V manifold - Holley (I think) or Autolite carbs, vertically oriented (completely separate from the Lynx/Australian/Weber trip manifolds).

Thank you,
Bob

:unsure: I really think the picture Bob is looking for doesn't have anything to do with mounting 3 X 2V carb's on the standard log heads. It's an intake that's made to fit on the 2V Australian heads or the C.I. / V.I. Aluminun heads. I also remember seeing this triple 2V Holley carb pattern intake he is asking about. Good luck (y) :nod:

Dennis B (Dbzokale) has a 221 Ford Falcon SP head on a US 200 engine with triple IDA 44 Webers. Maybee that was it.

likea dis?
They come as 3v...U not gunna fit 3 of these on...

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    359.1 KB · Views: 525
62Ranchero200":2zs0vwhn said:
Greetings Ford Six Fans,

Thank you,
Bob

:banghead: Well from his post I don't think that DOCE, IDR, or any Austrailian triple Webers intakes are the direction he's wanting to go (not). Ok now if you actually read the OP's very first post (see above) you can see he's talking about a picture of a triple 2V intake with Holleys (2300) or Autolites that's going to fit the C.I. / V.I. Aluminum or a 2V head. Also hes was not interested in a Lynx or Weber triple intake. Plus if you happened to have ever looked at his engine build up in the past for his Ranchero he has the C.I. Aluminum head. Good luck (y) :nod:

:unsure: Ok then, I'll just give up and say "Uncle"!

“What we have here is a failure to communicate”, just like in the old movie “Cool-Hand Luke” :rolflmao:

sorry Bubs, I must B ignorant, thought we were doin ok (yeah not great tho).

One problem is I don't re-read the thread every time, am into several threads at once. I come home frm wrk or got some time B4'n rush thru em. Also the way a Q is written has alot to do w/any quality answ we might give. All sorta past experience (& lack) in the 'mechanic OP'... It's a wonder this all wrks out at all !!!

Den ya gotta guy w/arthritis & learnin disabiity like me throws a monkey wrench in there...
:nono:

Could patience'n care B what holds it together?

Oh'n ford6 interest - [glow=red]DATs Da REAL[/glow] glue, no?

It's all good Chad, I was just trying to steer the posts back on track to what I think Bob was asking about both in this post and an earlier one before. Seems like I also had seen that picture showing three Holley 2300's he was looking for yet can't remember where or when it was, in searching for it didn't find it though. Good luck :nod: (y)

Both Charlie Price's Vintage Speed has a triple 2v adaptor suitable for the VintageInlines and Classic In lines 4bbl.

https://oi1215.photobucket.com/albums/c ... eed_v1.jpg
https://oi1215.photobucket.com/albums/c ... eed_v2.jpg
https://oi1215.photobucket.com/albums/c ... eed_v3.jpg

0081.jpg

See https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/thr ... d.1103265/

images

images

See http://vintagespeed.com/index.php/contact-us

AussieSpeed makes two kinds of adaptor to fit the 2V 250/Classic Inlines style intake

AussieSpeed2v_dual_quads_intake_v2.jpg

Supplied with the bottom section AS0032 and the removable top AS0139

AussieSpeed2v_supercharger_intake_v1.jpg

Ford 250 2V supercharger intake manifold AS0032

See http://www.aussiespeedshop.com/product/ ... -manifold/

The manifold is supplied machined and does not include a backfire valve as it isnt required when running a ribbed belt, the cylinder head face is machined and drilled to bolt straight on to Falcon, Cortina and Mustang inline powered cars fitted with the 2V 250 cylinder head. The manifold is made and machined in Australia and can be shipped world wide.

To Bob the Builder!

Okay, 2bbl Strombergs are the Bendix Technico carb that is similar to the Ball and Ball Dual choke Carter BBD.

Aussie_1969to1976_WindsorandCleveland302adaptor_0006.jpg

The 250 and 302W and early 302C used these with an Autolite 2100 adaptor pattern.

I've seen an old 2V250 with three WW Strombergs. but the photo's...no.

Other things it might have been is a triple Zenith Stromberg CD175 equiped engine, but they are 1v carbs. gb500 has lots of really neat photos. Check his posts.

From his stuff:-

Log heads CNC or machined other ways.

Added spun alloy log with any variety of flanges.

Argie_sp_me_conversion_2bbl_2x1-bbl_intake.jpg

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=67003&p=531208#p531208
gb500":1hku2v2z said:
argentine heads - circular ports:

argentine3.jpg

argentine4.jpg

argentine5.jpg

argentine1.jpg

argentine6.jpg

argentine2.jpg

See http://fanafalcon.com.ar/foro/index.php?topic=48401.0

1195ulh.jpg