Click Here -> Please Consider Making a PayPal Contribution to the FordSix Forum!
2019 Contributors:
NJwpod, 1strodeo, mightynorseman, maxtrux, 6d7coupe, broncr, Phase3, 68Flareside240, bmbm40,
mustang6, WorldChampGramp, justintendo, BigBlue94, ags290, motorsickle1130, Rooster, ousooner919, ethanperry
rzcrisis, DoctorC, jamyers, Motorboy, fastpat, Silverback280, chad

<<< New Site Update >>>

Permanent 300 Six Cyl Head CFM solutions- A Work in Progress

Moderator: Mod Squad

arse_sidewards

Re: Permanent 300 Six Cyl Head CFM solutions- A Work in Progress

Post #401 by arse_sidewards » Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:25 am

I'm sorry if I missed it but a short production run of a cut and welded LS based head after the Sr is done is still being planned, right?

Does anyone have any real world reliability info (preferably Bonneville or something else where you're wide open for minutes at a time) on sectioned and welded style heads?
1994 F150 4x4 8ft, engine is basically stock.

66" leafs, extended radius arms, lockers in both ends, nothing special.

WorldChampGramp
VIP Member

Post #402 by WorldChampGramp » Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:07 pm

arse_sidewards wrote:I'm sorry if I missed it but a short production run of a cut and welded LS based head after the Sr is done is still being planned, right?

Does anyone have any real world reliability info (preferably Bonneville or something else where you're wide open for minutes at a time) on sectioned and welded style heads?

Correct.

broncr
VIP Member

Post #403 by broncr » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:31 am

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER wrote:Water/meth injection works great.
Until it doesn't.

Paul has warned me about the higher CR of the Jr vs a carb'd head. IIRC, he said it should produce something around 10:1 CR. I'm fairly confident that the build won't depend on WI to prevent detonation. It's neither "full race" or tractor pull oriented - just a strong "3/4 race" kind of build - not "pushing the envelope". It will be running premium fuel, as always. The WI is just one of those "why not?" add-ons - beneficial for pretty much any application.

Thanks for the warning, FF. If the thing blows up, the "how not to" specs of the build will be forth coming.

I'm very excited to see how a head that flows ~50% better than stock performs.
'82 FSP Bronco. Just about every mod ever mentioned. ( Too much to list - or remember...)

Mdixon300f100

Post #404 by Mdixon300f100 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:16 am

WorldChampGramp wrote:
arse_sidewards wrote:I'm sorry if I missed it but a short production run of a cut and welded LS based head after the Sr is done is still being planned, right?

Correct.

I thought a casted aluminum ls style head was the end goal?

pmuller9

Post #405 by pmuller9 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:26 am

Mdixon300f100 wrote:I thought a casted aluminum ls style head was the end goal?

That was never considered as the route we wanted to take because of the initial cost.

broncr
VIP Member

Post #406 by broncr » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:05 pm

I've read through this thread several times to try to decipher the intent/content. Initially I was also under the impression that these were all going to be aluminum castings. Somewhere in the many pages I believe it is clarified (?) that only the final (?) cross-flow version will be aluminum (?)

There are many "nuggets" scattered throughout the 10+ pages. It's frustrating to go back through & find and or resolve conflicting info.

The last two posts are a good example:

#404 - WorldChampGramp wrote:
arse_sidewards wrote:
I'm sorry if I missed it but a short production run of a cut and welded LS based head after the Sr is done is still being planned, right

"Correct."
-------------

#405 " Mdixon300f100 wrote:
I thought a casted aluminum ls style head was the end goal?

pmuller responded "That was never considered as the route we wanted to take because of the initial cost."
'82 FSP Bronco. Just about every mod ever mentioned. ( Too much to list - or remember...)

pmuller9

Post #407 by pmuller9 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:28 pm

The JR and SR "U" heads are based on brand new Engine Quest bare castings.
https://www.techshopmag.com/enginequest ... der-heads/
The Crossflow Head is based on sectioned NEW LS3 heads made from 355-T6 aluminum alloy.

Neither Bruce or myself ever said anything about an aluminum "U" head or a one piece cast aluminum cross flow head.
There was some mention of the idea by others back in post #181 or starting with post #300.
Last edited by pmuller9 on Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

arse_sidewards

Post #408 by arse_sidewards » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:31 pm

pmuller9 wrote:The JR and SR "U" heads are based on brand new Engine Quest bare castings.
The Crossflow Head is based on sectioned NEW LS3 heads made from 355-T6 aluminum alloy.

Jr, Sr, and "fawk it, if it's worth doing it's worth over doing" :lol:

WorldChampGramp
VIP Member

Post #409 by WorldChampGramp » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:12 am

FROM THE HORSES MOUTH: Early AM in about 6 hours you willall have the answers to Q posed above. :beer:
ZZZZZ Gramps

WorldChampGramp
VIP Member

Post #410 by WorldChampGramp » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:44 am

The sun is rising :banana: as promised here is my 2-cents of clarification>>:

Two (2) U-Flow heads have ALWAYS been planned BOTH using Fresh New EngineQuest Branded aftermarket CAST IRON heads, manufactured off-shore and distributed to various EQ Dealers throughout the US . WE decided early on the make (2) fully ported versions one would be our JR head meaning "entry level" fully ported street-strip with max flow around 230CFM @ .600 valve lift.

The second U-Flow offering our SR head design, starts with the same EQ casting and differs from the JR head by using a larger intake valve, increased cross-sectional port area and is considered ALL that WE can achieve Flow-wise within the confines of the NEW EQ castings with a MAX flow of 265+ CFM @ .700 valve lift.

PROGRAM STATUS TO DATE>> Our JR head is complete in design, CURRENTLY in production, with (4) orders & deposits received, waiting final assembly and QC inspection then shipping one by one to our respective customers. The more difficult to produce SR head, primarily due to limited flow bench development time and compounded by the necessity of maintaining adequate wall port thickness.
WE HAVE NEVER CONSIDERED producing a new cast iron u-flow head of the heart shaped efi chamber design and or the pre-1987 non-swirl 240/300 carbureted chamber alternative.

As Paul Muller (Pmuller9) so articulately summarized above, the aluminum 3-piece welded cross flow is NOT a new ONE PIECE casting and probably never will be offered by us in that configuration. It would take an “act-of-congress” coupled with end-user DEMAND and an all-out NEW FUNDING effort to include that utopian alternative in our Big Six Development Program.
Keep the faith and pray for my continued dedication to this effort. Bruce

54-4x4

Post #411 by 54-4x4 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 3:52 pm

You guys definitely deserve a pat on the back for what you have already achieved!

CNC-Dude

Post #412 by CNC-Dude » Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:16 pm

It's been done at Bonneville for decades with no problem. It all boils down to the integrity of the welding, but it's usually no issue. Plus, you don't need to run a 15 lb. radiator cap either to build that much pressure, just a 3-5 lb. is plenty.

When you say minutes at a time, how long does it take to go 3 miles @200 MPH? LOL

arse_sidewards

Post #413 by arse_sidewards » Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:07 pm

CNC-Dude wrote:
arse_sidewards wrote:It's been done at Bonneville for decades with no problem. It all boils down to the integrity of the welding, but it's usually no issue. Plus, you don't need to run a 15 lb. radiator cap either to build that much pressure, just a 3-5 lb. is plenty.

When you say minutes at a time, how long does it take to go 3 miles @200 MPH? LOL

I was thinking more like pulling a long hill in 2nd or 3rd with a trailer.

That said, the more horsepower you have the less time you spend wide open. :lol:

WorldChampGramp
VIP Member

Post #414 by WorldChampGramp » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:40 pm

54-4x4 wrote:You guys definitely deserve a pat on the back for what you have already achieved!

Thanks 54-4x4 Comments from FordSix members like you motivate all of us toward our goals of excellence. Today was a good day at the shop as AL, along with the owner “Junior” of our 1ST Dyno engine, assembled the finishing components on the short block. Paul (pmuller9) will be posting several pics I took during various stages of the build. Can't wait for Long Block completion with head, valve train and followed by carburetion to ready engine for Dyno time. What’s taking so long is not waiting for parts but assembly is always with owner in attendance and assisting with the step by step process which is WHAT HE WANTS and we respectfully must honor his request. Stay Tuned there’s more to come as progress moves us toward Dynamometer start up. Bruce

mustang68200

Post #415 by mustang68200 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:31 am

I’m super excited to see the results of the dyno. I check this form every few hours looking for the results of this build and can’t wait to see them. I have not started my build yet but I imagine I will be throwing away all my build plans and copying this build once the specs and build sheet come out. Good luck guys and keep up the awesome work.
1986 f150 302 c6 rwd getting ready to swap in a 300 t5 4x4 drivetrain from 1990s f150 parts truck
Kyle

WorldChampGramp
VIP Member

Post #416 by WorldChampGramp » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:07 pm

mustang68200 wrote:I’m super excited to see the results of the dyno. I check this form every few hours looking for the results of this build and can’t wait to see them. I have not started my build yet but I imagine I will be throwing away all my build plans and copying this build once the specs and build sheet come out. Good luck guys and keep up the awesome work.
We certainly get an A+ for trying.

Gramps Paul Wes and all those behind the scenes have planned and executed every painstaking detail of our quest toward doing this difficult assignment right and Nothing, in my humble opinion, has been glossed over or assumed to be correct to date. Paul has pics from yesterdays engine build and will be posting them shortly. $$ expenses are mounting so bear this in mind should you be able to donate to our cause. Here's the link Gramps :idea: :nod:

Pay Pal Link: https://www.paypal.com/pools/c/84uHkZRpXq

WorldChampGramp
VIP Member

Post #417 by WorldChampGramp » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:32 pm

WorldChampGramp wrote:
mustang68200 wrote:I’m super excited to see the results of the dyno. I check this form every few hours looking for the results of this build and can’t wait to see them. I have not started my build yet but I imagine I will be throwing away all my build plans and copying this build once the specs and build sheet come out. Good luck guys and keep up the awesome work.
We certainly get an A+ for trying.

Gramps Paul Wes and all those behind the scenes have planned and executed every painstaking detail of our quest toward doing this difficult assignment right and Nothing, in my humble opinion, has been glossed over or assumed to be correct to date. Paul has pics from yesterdays engine build and will be posting them shortly. $$ expenses are mounting so bear this in mind should you be able to donate to our cause. Here's the link Gramps :idea: :nod:

Pay Pal Link: https://www.paypal.com/pools/c/84uHkZRpXq

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Worldchampgramp Promised a few pics! let's hope Gramps can send you to the correct URL for the first Dyno Engine assembly pics. IMGUR here we come!! this could be fun. :nod: :thumbup:

https://imgur.com/4rOYVEa
https://imgur.com/1dbOQG
https://imgur.com/gX5QI6D
https://imgur.com/LFsouhr
https://imgur.com/IYzRhOa

WorldChampGramp
VIP Member

Post #418 by WorldChampGramp » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:56 pm

OOPS :bang: URL # 2 above is missing last digit which bty is a lower case i shoul read as follow:

https://imgur.com/1dbOQGl Maybe the missing i at the end stands for idiot LOL Always have been tough on myself Bruce

54-4x4

Post #419 by 54-4x4 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 10:45 am

I see you have a fairly large dish piston.What compression ratio are you shooting for?

pmuller9

Post #420 by pmuller9 » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:19 am

54-4x4 wrote:I see you have a fairly large dish piston.What compression ratio are you shooting for?

The compression ratio ended up being right at 10:1 with the 65cc chamber Jr head.

WorldChampGramp
VIP Member

Post #421 by WorldChampGramp » Wed Mar 27, 2019 7:32 pm

pmuller9 wrote:
54-4x4 wrote:I see you have a fairly large dish piston.What compression ratio are you shooting for?

The compression ratio ended up being right at 10:1 with the 65cc chamber Jr head.

As most of you are aware OEM Ford and aftermerket equivalent from a number of suppliers such as Sealed power have a 22cc dish. The Dyno engine pictured here are Auto-Tec forged with a dish reduced to 18cc's. Gramps

sandboxer

Post #422 by sandboxer » Thu Mar 28, 2019 12:35 pm

What camshaft are you initially starting with?

pmuller9

Post #423 by pmuller9 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:38 pm

We are starting off with the Crower 284HDP (19205) .509”/.517” 220/222 284/290 110deg and installing it straight up.
We want a representation of how the Jr head performs with the typical "off the shelf" cam profile and be able to compare to a stock head which would normally never get a larger custom cam.

sandboxer

Post #424 by sandboxer » Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:54 pm

Are you using a 1:6 ratio or 1:7 rocker?

sandboxer

Post #425 by sandboxer » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:00 pm

As well, I believe you had mentioned in previous posts that some off the shelf cams were detonation prone. I believe that Crower was the exception...?

pmuller9

Post #426 by pmuller9 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:22 pm

1.72 ratio rocker.
The 3 Lunati Ford 300 six cams are the most detonation prone followed by the 3 Comp cams for the 300 six.

sandboxer

Post #427 by sandboxer » Thu Mar 28, 2019 8:12 pm

Thank you!
We’re looking forward to the results.

54-4x4

Post #428 by 54-4x4 » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:43 pm

High compression,high lift cam,higher ratio rockers,high performance head,must equal high torque and high horse power.Very nice!

WorldChampGramp
VIP Member

Post #429 by WorldChampGramp » Tue Apr 02, 2019 7:00 am

54-4x4 wrote:High compression,high lift cam,higher ratio rockers,high performance head,must equal high torque and high horse power.Very nice!

54-4x4

Hold on not so fast unless you are talking about> port velocity<. YOU GOT MOST of it, with the entire list of component attributes you mentioned above, ALL are very desirable and should work in harmony with each other to produce exceptional hp/torque. Let’s review the ONE you didn’t mention i.e. Port Flow !

NEVER forget the most misunderstood, almost unquantifiable, dynamics of Port FLOW.

Think of it this way>> flow benches in general (with exception of some OEM and a few aftermarket/race team custom-built “benches”) are indications of improvement in flow and NOT what your engine sees on the intake or exhaust side during a DYNAMIC running situation. Speeds in a high performance intake ports can easily exceed 250 mph. Those velocities are far beyond the capability of even the most sophisticated flow benches to replicate. I vividly recall when some of the more well-intentioned E&F Ford engineers I worked with , breathlessly brought in their new design cylinder heads to the Scientific Research Lab Super Flow facility for verification of excellence. Only to find out that there latest and greatest creation was a Bomb.

As mentioned elsewhere or personal RE motto here in SW Florida is “Results Always Speak Louder than Words”. Sure applies to my Development effort on behalf of the Ford Big Six fraternity. Agree?? Bruce Sizemore aka Gramps.

s

sandboxer

Post #430 by sandboxer » Tue Apr 02, 2019 10:42 am

Nicely put Gramps. We’re very excited to see the dyno results.

54-4x4

Post #431 by 54-4x4 » Tue Apr 02, 2019 11:19 am

Thank you Gramps for expanding on my thoughts of some of the parts in your build.I was thinking the high performance head you have reworked would include what you know about the complicated world of port flow dynamics.It is nice to see your experience at work here.The anticipation of what's next is hard to wait for.

WorldChampGramp
VIP Member

Post #432 by WorldChampGramp » Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:57 am

54-4x4 wrote:Thank you Gramps for expanding on my thoughts of some of the parts in your build.I was thinking the high performance head you have reworked would include what you know about the complicated world of port flow dynamics.It is nice to see your experience at work here.The anticipation of what's next is hard to wait for.

54-4x4

IMAGINE a Cross-Flow Aluminum Head that flows more than the 351 Cleveland Cast Iron (6-piece) furnace brazed Hi-Port Head, I cobbled up 45 years ago to Win my First NHRA Major the 1975 World Championship.
Here is RECENTLY released NHRA archival Video I and others have been looking for since 1980’s and could not find. Yes Great things are coming for those who wait.
:party:

1975 World Finals ITN Produced Video, Complete Coverage 47:33 min long.
Bruce Sizemore is driving his I/Gas Pinto vs Lee Shepard driving Reher- Morrison E/MP Corvette.
Action begins 32.66 minutes into Video for Modified Eliminator Final and WIN for Sizemore
https://www.nhra.com/videos/2017/1975-w ... ontario-ca

GPGoverMPG

Post #433 by GPGoverMPG » Thu Apr 04, 2019 6:59 am

Very cool video. My dad started taking me to the drags in Ohio when I was 11 years old in 1970. Those old videos are neat.
71 F350 4x4 Super Duty 7.3 IDI
72 F250 4x4 4speed 300 I6
72 F100 2x 428 Tri Power
2014 SHO

54-4x4

Post #434 by 54-4x4 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:44 am

Thanks for showing,very cool.I can see your experience goes wayyy back.Only good things to come now.

WorldChampGramp
VIP Member

Post #435 by WorldChampGramp » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:45 am

WorldChampGramp wrote:
54-4x4 wrote:High compression,high lift cam,higher ratio rockers,high performance head,must equal high torque and high horse power.Very nice!

54-4x4

Hold on not so fast unless you are talking about> port velocity<. YOU GOT MOST of it, with the entire list of component attributes you mentioned above, ALL are very desirable and should work in harmony with each other to produce exceptional hp/torque. Let’s review the ONE you didn’t mention i.e. Port Flow !

NEVER forget the most misunderstood, almost unquantifiable, dynamics of Port FLOW.

Think of it this way>> flow benches in general (with exception of some OEM and a few aftermarket/race team custom-built “benches”) are indications of improvement in flow and NOT what your engine sees on the intake or exhaust side during a DYNAMIC running situation. Speeds in a high performance intake ports can easily exceed 250 mph. Those velocities are far beyond the capability of even the most sophisticated flow benches to replicate. I vividly recall when some of the more well-intentioned E&F Ford engineers I worked with , breathlessly brought in their new design cylinder heads to the Scientific Research Lab Super Flow facility for verification of excellence. Only to find out that there latest and greatest creation was a Bomb.

As mentioned elsewhere or personal RE motto here in SW Florida is “Results Always Speak Louder than Words”. Sure applies to my Development effort on behalf of the Ford Big Six fraternity. Agree?? Bruce Sizemore aka Gramps.

s
WorldChampGramp wrote:
54-4x4 wrote:Thank you Gramps for expanding on my thoughts of some of the parts in your build.I was thinking the high performance head you have reworked would include what you know about the complicated world of port flow dynamics.It is nice to see your experience at work here.The anticipation of what's next is hard to wait for.

54-4x4

IMAGINE a Cross-Flow Aluminum Head that flows more than the 351 Cleveland Cast Iron (6-piece) furnace brazed Hi-Port Head, I cobbled up 45 years ago to Win my First NHRA Major the 1975 World Championship.
Here is RECENTLY released NHRA archival Video I and others have been looking for since 1980’s and could not find. Yes Great things are coming for those who wait.
:party:

1975 World Finals ITN Produced Video, Complete Coverage 47:33 min long.
Bruce Sizemore is driving his I/Gas Pinto vs Lee Shepard driving Reher- Morrison E/MP Corvette.
Action begins 32.66 minutes into Video for Modified Eliminator Final and WIN for Sizemore
https://www.nhra.com/videos/2017/1975-w ... ontario-ca

TUNE in here on the Permanent Flow topic link for complete update on Junior & Senior head program. We will be discussing New order lead time, flow figures, chamber CC’s proposed options and restrictions. Shooting for Saturday post but could be SUNDAY. Either way you will have ALL the good stuff this weekend. Gramps :beer:

mustang68200

Post #436 by mustang68200 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:53 am

Awesome I will be looking for the update. I have been going into withdrawals with out any new material to read.
1986 f150 302 c6 rwd getting ready to swap in a 300 t5 4x4 drivetrain from 1990s f150 parts truck
Kyle

WorldChampGramp
VIP Member

Post #437 by WorldChampGramp » Sun Apr 28, 2019 9:18 pm

mustang68200 wrote:Awesome I will be looking for the update. I have been going into withdrawals with out any new material to read.

Permanent solution Program Update, goals and accomplishments.4/28/19
From the get go, our goal has always been 3-pronged e.g. offering 2 CFM levels of NEW U-flow cast iron EngineQuest aftermarket heads, intended to bolt on to the 240/300 Big Six; offering our customers significant performance gains in HP and Torque. The third prong has always been my personal challenge, to create a bolt-on Aluminum Cross Flow “USER-FRIENDLY” head that offers performance improvement levels vastly superior to ANY readily available non-billet alternative. OK that’s out of the way; sounds good, makes perfect sense, long overdue, pent up demand, solid program goals and principles, only thing lacking is execution (no not mine). As always, the Junior [entry level head] was to be completed First followed by the release of the Senior Max-Flow EQ head. At that juncture, production capabilities to keep pace with demand were planned and anticipated program objectives. I had hoped to be past all the foregoing sometime during the 1St quarter of this year 2019. Obviously that has not happened and I am VERY disappointed to even have to report that reality to you.
WHY?? would be the next logical question from any astute observer of this Forum!
ANSWER:>>Some of the blame lies with me for being too accommodating and forgiving when dealing with others involved in this effort. I have ignored the # 1 & # 2 Sizemore employee/contractor sought after attributes I always look for when dealing with others in a business, non-personal relationship 1) LOYALTY, 2) TRUST. The old adage “take a man at his word” is unfortunately almost void in today’s “modern” society. It’s a shame that other people’s self-interests have become a way of life in our BZ hectic World at the expense of others
Solution for Junior head: >> At Present Produce ONLY the Junior heads on a limited production manually ported quality controlled basis. Very time consuming and costly but that’s what I must do and will give each one my personally guarantee of compliance, before these limited production heads are shipped to end users. Please be advised there will be an approximate $100 price increase due to re-shipping costs associated with this multiple vendor solution.
Senior Head update: JUST this week I Finally Received a finished Senior head with purported near program goal of 260 CFM intake port flow. After you have read my entire sequence of statements above, it should be patently obvious I will not accept anyone’s word written or spoken as Gospel at this juncture. Therefore, the much needed Senior head will not be released for production until I can verify every port on the one in my possession as per program objective and verify every combustion chamber Cc for compression ratio calculations. When verified, replication of the Senior head will have to be sourced bearing in mind that this head in particular, lends itself to full 4 or 5 axis machining which is the direction I am pursuing at present Surely much more than you expected for a update and far from routine I might add. Your thoughts and comments are both welcomed and anticipated. I will take this opportunity to quote the one and only Albert Einstein who I had the pleasure of meeting in person as a young lad. GRAMPS
“I am thankful for all of those who said NO to me. Its because of them I’m doing it myself.” — Albert Einstein

Max_Effort

Post #438 by Max_Effort » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:29 pm

WorldChampGramp wrote: Obviously that has not happened and I am VERY disappointed to even have to report that reality to you.
WHY?? would be the next logical question from any astute observer of this Forum!
ANSWER:>>Some of the blame lies with me for being too accommodating and forgiving when dealing with others involved in this effort. I have ignored the # 1 & # 2 Sizemore employee/contractor sought after attributes I always look for when dealing with others in a business, non-personal relationship 1) LOYALTY, 2) TRUST. The old adage “take a man at his word” is unfortunately almost void in today’s “modern” society. It’s a shame that other people’s self-interests have become a way of life in our BZ hectic World at the expense of others

What are the problems that you are having? I’m too far away from FL to be of practical help, but I have good connections with professional engine machinists, including a few CNC porting shops, from all over the USA. Maybe I could help you connect.

54-4x4

Post #439 by 54-4x4 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:47 am

Gramps,your perseverance is stellar.Nobody said it would be easy.

WorldChampGramp
VIP Member

Post #440 by WorldChampGramp » Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:14 am

Max_Effort wrote:
WorldChampGramp wrote: Obviously that has not happened and I am VERY disappointed to even have to report that reality to you.

What are the problems that you are having? I’m too far away from FL to be of practical help, but I have good connections with professional engine machinists, including a few CNC porting shops, from all over the USA. Maybe I could help you connect.

"Max_Effort" Thanks for the referral offer as one never seems to have enough 'prospects' in the quill. FINDING and selecting New prospects to achieve most anything is something I love doing, as it requires a combination of skill sets and decision making. Once my list is boiled down the process of deciding just who is going to do what, where, and for how much begins. Not an assignment for the weak, timid or overbearing. It takes a delicate balance of judgment and stick-to-itiveness to pull this off. Then being able to KEEP this new resource motivated, compensated and interested are all factors I have had to deal with and will continue to face as I “make it happen” with this ultimate challenge Gramps has promised to COMPLETE. Bruce Sizemore

WorldChampGramp
VIP Member

Post #441 by WorldChampGramp » Fri May 03, 2019 1:39 am

Max_Effort wrote:

Thanks Max_Effort please read my response and PM me for additional dialog on your kind offer to help;

Permanent solution Program Update, goals and accomplishments.4/28/19
From the get go, our goal has always been 3-pronged e.g. offering 2 CFM levels of NEW U-flow cast iron EngineQuest aftermarket heads, intended to bolt on to the 240/300 Big Six; offering our customers significant performance gains in HP and Torque. The Third prong has always been my personal challenge, to create a bolt-on Aluminum Cross Flow “USER-FRIENDLY” head, that offers performance improvement levels vastly superior to ANY readily available non-billet alternative. OK that’s out of the way; sounds good, makes perfect sense, long overdue, pent up demand, solid program goals and principles, only thing lacking is execution (no not mine). As always, the Junior [entry level head] was to be completed First followed by the release of the Senior Max-Flow EQ head. At that juncture, production capabilities to keep pace with demand were planned and anticipated program objectives. I had hoped to be past all the foregoing sometime during the 1St quarter of this year 2019. Obviously that has not happened and I am VERY disappointed to even have to report this reality to you.

ANSWER:>>Some of the blame lies with me for being too accommodating and forgiving when dealing with others involved in this effort. I have ignored the # 1 & # 2 Sizemore employee/independent contractor, sought after attributes I always look for when dealing with others in a business/non-personal relationships. #1) LOYALTY, #2) TRUST. The old adage “take a man at his word” is unfortunately almost void in today’s “modern” society. It’s a shame that other people’s self-interests have become a way of life in our BZ hectic World at the expense of others.

Solution for Junior head: >> At Present Produce ONLY the Junior heads on a limited production manually ported quality controlled basis. Very time consuming and costly but that’s what I must do and will give each one produced my personal guarantee of compliance, before these limited production heads are shipped to end users. Please be advised there will be an approximate $100 price increase from previous quotes due to re-shipping costs associated with this multiple vendor solution.
Senior Head update: JUST this week I Finally Received a finished Senior head with purported near program goal of 260 CFM intake port flow. After you have read my entire sequence of statements above, it should be patently obvious I will not accept anyone’s word written or spoken as Gospel, especially at this juncture. Therefore, the much needed Senior head will not be released for production until I can verify every port on the one (1) in my possession as per program objective and verify every combustion chambers Cc needed for compression ratio calculations. When verified, replication of the Senior head will have to be sourced bearing in mind that this head in particular, lends itself to full 4 or 5 axis machining which is the direction I am pursuing at present. Surely much more than you expected for a update and far from routine. Your thoughts and comments are both welcomed and anticipated. I will take this opportunity to quote the one and only Albert Einstein who I had the pleasure of meeting in person as a young lad.
“I am thankful for all of those who said NO to me. Its because of them I’m doing it myself.” — Albert Einstein
For those of you who believe in me and what has and will be accomplished. Dig deep, search your sole as even the travel State to State is an unfunded, unexpected program expense.
CHIP in Link--- https://www.paypal.com/pools/c/84uHkZRpXq

jason832

Post #442 by jason832 » Wed May 15, 2019 8:22 am

Any updates on the heads?

mustang68200

Post #443 by mustang68200 » Wed May 15, 2019 12:31 pm

Any update on the jr head build dyno results and build sheet :hmmm:
Kyle

Wesman07

Post #444 by Wesman07 » Thu May 16, 2019 4:24 pm

As you know from Bruce’s last post, some of the important work relations fell through as they could not hold up to their commitments. New and more promising connections have been made, some through long time friends of Bruce.

The program is back on course.... but because these are both new and promising connections, we won’t know for sure for another month or so. If all goes well, it will go very well.
In-lines we trust

86 f150 300 efi with advanced stock cam. Np435, Dana 60/ 10.25, 35" BFG's, four link front suspension with 12" travel fox coil overs, custom deaver leaf pack in the rear.

WorldChampGramp
VIP Member

Post #445 by WorldChampGramp » Thu May 23, 2019 10:17 pm

Wesman07 wrote:As you know from Bruce’s last post, some of the important work relations fell through as they could not hold up to their commitments. New and more promising connections have been made, some through long time friends of Bruce.

The program is back on course.... but because these are both new and promising connections, we won’t know for sure for another month or so. If all goes well, it will go very well.

Grampa positive on progress and new resources. Should have gone this route at the get go. It's amazing to me how many people will step up to the plate to help with MY CAUSE. End result will be considerably better than anticipated with unsurpassed QC and consistency of Head to Head production runs. :beer: Bruce Sizemore

PS>> Traveling extensively so expect more pleas for donations. https://www.paypal.com/pools/c/84uHkZRpXq

guhfluh

Post #446 by guhfluh » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:25 pm

:cry:
1967 F-250 Crew Cab 2wd, 300 6cyl, T-170/RTS/TOD 4-speed overdrive
240 head, Offy C, EFI exhaust manifolds, Comp 268H, mandrel 2.5-3" exhaust, Edelbrock 500, Pertronix ignitor and coil, recurved dizzy. 200whp/300wtq

jason832

Post #447 by jason832 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:51 pm

Any updates? I would like to order.....

WorldChampGramp
VIP Member

Post #448 by WorldChampGramp » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:32 am

Its Gramps travel weary since my last post (seems like months ago with 5K plus in road miles to my credit). Slow but sure is my best update on the 3-head projects. Yes I could start banging out heads fairly soon, but I want to give you the utmost in both JR and SR versions. You deserve something unique for your patients and loyalty in trusting me at my word. the overall plan now is to only offer heads that are difficult to duplicate (unless you have access to a 4 or 5 axis machining center), then you need to find digital scanning equip like the "Big Boys" use, convert the scan to code that matches your machining center, etc etc. In my travels I even visited the Roush facility to discuss my projects with a few friends there in "high Places" [what an eye opener]. enjoy your summer Gramps will be BZ so information will be sparse. Bless you all. Bruce Sizemore :thumbup:

jason832

Post #449 by jason832 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:25 am

Great news. I for one don't mind waiting for a top notch product. Keep it up.

sandboxer

Post #450 by sandboxer » Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:16 am

WorldChampGramp wrote:Its Gramps travel weary since my last post (seems like months ago with 5K plus in road miles to my credit). Slow but sure is my best update on the 3-head projects. Yes I could start banging out heads fairly soon, but I want to give you the utmost in both JR and SR versions. You deserve something unique for your patients and loyalty in trusting me at my word. the overall plan now is to only offer heads that are difficult to duplicate (unless you have access to a 4 or 5 axis machining center), then you need to find digital scanning equip like the "Big Boys" use, convert the scan to code that matches your machining center, etc etc. In my travels I even visited the Roush facility to discuss my projects with a few friends there in "high Places" [what an eye opener]. enjoy your summer Gramps will be BZ so information will be sparse. Bless you all. Bruce Sizemore :thumbup:

That sounds wonderful. Before you depart on your engineering adventure, are there any updates on dyno results from what you’ve done thus far.
Many thanks

Return to “240-300 "Big Block" Six Performance”