Photo of small six with custom three 2-V manifold?

reminds me of powerband's square log (quite a different engine, tho).

Yeah, fukundo had some interesting Q (I forget what they were right now) but was surprised to know he was in USA at
some point. Wonder if he cont contact here (Oz/S. of the Border forum ?) when returning home? Don't remember his pic...
Thnx, U no how "I Luv pic!"

The worlds most simple 6bbl intake

IMG_0056.jpg

IMG_0056.jpg

http://s148.photobucket.com/user/WDoug7 ... 6.jpg.html

.......Fixed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 some reason I see just "the blue box w/? inside it".
No pic in last post Dean...

4.0 or 258 AMC Jeep intake by Offenhasuer

carbs002.jpg

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=31668&p=273682&hilit=neutral+drop#p273682

258 AMC Triple 2300 350/500 CFM Holley 2BBLS

xctasy":2our497x said:
Stubby":2our497x said:
You lost me a couple of times. You said IR then you said run on the center carb until sorted then add the others.

I'm looking at isolated runner at very low revs. The better Triple Weber D-type Jags and DB5 Astons and even Charger R/T E38's have a magically refined low speed amble when in high gear, despite big cams over 280 degrees. So some kind of spin off from the Offy style progressive linkage, with an ability to run all carbs below 1200 rpm, but just the centre from 1200 to 2500 rpm, and then back on all three from 2500 to 4500 rpm should work really well.

So, you are trying to build a progressive/IR intake?

If the Webers are capable of running in IR configuration, then they will be easier to tune with a plenum?

I have also considered an IR setup and the Holleys are priced right. If the blower and turbo guys can reference the power valve to boost, couldn't we keep the power enrichment and activate it some other way than manifold vac?

34248979_258_amc_triple_2300_Holley.jpg

34248941.jpg

daves-engine.jpg

You can do this all from one supplier.

Lynx.

Lynx Auto.com.au":3ejogvvj said:
Factory 15, 35-37 Canterbury Road. Braeside, Victoria 3195. Australia

Tel:

Australian Area Code 61

(03) 9587 32 77

You take your Ford 250 2V 6 Cyl - 3 x Weber DCOE manifold, the Lynx M190 intake, https://www.lynxauto.com.au/ford-6-cyl- ... ifold.html.

m190.jpg

To hook the Holley 2300 or Autolite2100 /Motorcraft 2150 to the m190 intake, you use either three of the BurtonPower adaptors

https://www.burtonpower.com/inlet-manif ... fv450.html

Inlet manifold adaptor - DGV/DGAS to single DCOE. Ford Essex V6, SOHC Pinto, Kent X/flow OHV FV450

bp_holley_weber_inline.jpg

See https://www.burtonpower.com/media/catal ... /FV450.jpg

, or three of the WeberPerformance Lynx KC190 90 degree adaptors

https://www.weberperformance.com.au/pro ... ts_id=1115

LynxC190__DCOE_TO_holley_weber_180DEGNONinline_000.jpg

LynxC190__DCOE_TO_holley_weber_180DEGNONinline_001.jpg

LynxC190__DCOE_TO_holley_weber_180DEGNONinline.jpg

You then have to add the normal Holley Weber 5200 to Holley 2300/Autolite 2100/ Motorcraft 2150 adaptor to each to mount your 500 cfm Holley 4412 carbs.

Racer Walsh makes them and has done since the 1970's for the SOHC 1969 -1974-Pinto/Capri 2000 and 1974-2005 Lima 2300/2500 engines.

RWA1255_RACERwALSHHOLLEYWEBER5200TOH2300_A2100_M21502BBL_001.jpg

Redline makes another

Carburetor-Adaptor-Plate-2-Barrel-Holley-to-Weber.jpg

With a linakge and a proper level of jetting with reduced PVCR'S or removed power valves, Job done.

some here used a goodun frm them like the M-190 but thinner (&
possibly for our head, not the Oz 2v. )
They stopped production of it, aussie speed is out of them I believe
but I sent out a post to another 2ndary mrkter incase something can
B found for this other model. It's not 3 X 2 but 6 : 6 (or may B 3 DOCEs?
which is a side draft instead).

Bob swapped out the 200 in his 62 Ranchero long ago when he built a 250 with 300 rods plus custom Pistons and the C. I. Aluminun head runing a Holley carb see link for the build details. viewtopic.php?t=70677

What I gleaned from reading some his posts in the past is that he was interested in running 3 Holley 2V carb's. My best guess is that this photo of Xctasy's" of the IR 258 AMC intake might be what he had in mind or maybe also the same but with a plentium. Good luck. (y) :nod:

34248941.jpg

What was shown before was the motorbike carb install Do you think that was closer to Bobs idea?

wd007_004.jpg

wd007_003.jpg

wd007_000.jpg

wd007_001.jpg

My understanding is he didn't seem interested in Weber DCOE or any other side Draught type carb's. I think he wants to go vertical using the 2V Holley's (350 / 500 CFM) so he can reuse his existing carb and then add two more. :nod:

Sat is 1 mo No Show 4 him (OP) let's keep goin, dis is fun.

How would U use some of these multiple lill Lynx adaptors in these last posts to fit the trips in post # 30? Possible?

They would B only 2 banks, a well known automotive carb (rather than the Keihins I keep pushin
( I'm thinkin designed & may B pre-made for easier throttle/pedal linkage ).

I apologize for my long absence - as we often say here, life gets in the way: since my original post, my car club hosted a regional meet, my wife and I went camping on the beach, and we ran a half marathon. I have been following this thread, but not commenting.

In my original post I did mention that the setup I am interested in would use vertically oriented, Holley or Autolite carbs. The side draft Webers are sexy, but I think I might have to cut the shock tower for clearance to run those (and possibly install a Mustang II suspension), and I’m not ready to consider that yet, although I do have the Lynx side draft intake manifold. Also, I have some experience tuning Holley 2-Vs but not Webers.

I should have been more specific in my post. While an Offy-type setup with a modified log and three 2-Vs would be great for fuel distribution, I want to take advantage of the larger ports and valves and higher flow that my AL head offers. Chad, the photo on page 5 of the image gallery is of three 1-Vs on a log intake, if I am not mistaken:

The closest I've seen in this thread to what I had in mind is the photo below:

However, I am convinced that an intake with a plenum would be much safer: with an IR (independent runner) type manifold, if one of the 2-V carbs developed a fuel delivery problem, such as a clogged fuel filter or a stuck needle valve, the two cylinders fed by that 2-V carb could run very lean, possibly with severe engine damage. A plenum would lessen the impact of such an event. Please correct me if I am thinking wrong.

Another photo in this thread is the photo below, which is apparently of a custom intake fabricated for an Argentine head:

I realize this specific custom intake would not work for a CI AL head; but something similar could be made for that head. If there really isn't enough space for three 2-Vs (theoretically best), maybe there would be enough space for two 2-Vs. With equal-length runners from the plenum to the head, this would still give better fuel distribution than the CI intake.

To summarize, I am interested in a plenum intake for three vertically oriented, Holley or Autolite (but most probably Holley, since they are available new: I could order three identical new Holley 2-V carbs whenever I am ready) 2-V carbs that fits the AL head. As far as crowding issues, would setting up the carbs with manual chokes, or no chokes at all relieve some of the crowding?

Thanks,
Bob

there's Bob !
So - it is: 1) "...my AL head..."; 2)"...IR..."; 3) "...interested in a "plenum intake" for three vertically oriented...new Holley 2-V carbs..."

"...As far as crowding issues, would setting up the carbs with manual chokes, or no chokes at all relieve some of the crowding?..."

Just on the last - can U run the ele choke on the single middle carb as when using the Offie?

On the 1st 2 - I see the CI intake as an IR style. Not sure how 2 get both plenum & IR.

Welcome back Bob the Builder!

Ultra marathon training for me. Welcome to the madness of the Half Marathon, mate!

Great idle quality happens when you can run more than one throttle per two cylinders. The four corner idle on the vac secondary 4bbl 1983 to 1985 5.0 HO GT Mustangs....ie 4 feeds to 8 cylinders.

You can run a rectangular hole section plenumb as a transition to your M190 intake. Then mount your three 2v 4412 carbs on it.

Essentially, I felt in 2006 that Mike W should use an M190 intake on every Classic Inlines Head, and then add an RHS adaptor for whatever down draft carb option the customer wanted. One 4bbl. Two 2bbls, two 3bbls, or (G"d forbid) three 2bbls. Or 3 1bbls.

Page 5 triple 1bbl is the Faron Rhodes 250 cube 14 second Mustang that he ran at Beaver Springs in Pa. Gene has it now in his 64 Falcon.

Instead of three RacerWalsh 5200 to 2300 2bbl adaptors, on top of three Lynx KC190 90 degree down draft DGES/DGAS/DGAV to DCOE adaptors and then onto your M190 Lynx, you'd just have one big PowerBand style Rectangular Hole Section with three Holley 500 cfm mounts, and six holes to your Triple DCOE 45 M190 intake.

Good idea. Follow the the strength of your convictions.
:beer: (y) :mrgreen: :cool: :D :eek:

"...an RHS adaptor..."
gota pic?

Internally, I think your better off copying the flow path of the Argentine SP221 triple IDF 44 system

ZZ1.JPG

The preoccupation with risk aversity isnt needed with a triple Holley 2bbl 500 cfm carb system-unlike all Webers, each Holley is designed to feed 400 cubic in

oh my, like 2 have that sclupture in my livin rm.
Wonder it those 'pipes' scorch the fender paint?

xctasy":47z2en65 said:
Internally, I think your better off copying the flow path of the Argentine SP221 triple IDF 44 system

ZZ1.JPG

The preoccupation with risk aversity isnt needed with a triple Holley 2bbl 500 cfm carb system-unlike all Webers, each Holley is designed to feed 400 cubic in

Hi X,

If I used triple Holley 2-Vs, I would use the smaller “350 CFM” Hollley 2-Vs. As you are no doubt familiar with, Holley 2-V carb flow ratings are different and a 2-V “500 CFM” actually only flows 385 CFM, a “350 CFM” only 270 CFM.

Thank you,
Bob

Back