Will this work for my 63 Falcon

rzcrisis

Supporter 2019
Found this 200CI on kijiji here in Canada that sounds good to swap in place of my 144CI in my 63 Falcon. I have a spare auto column and brake pedal assembly to use to replace my 2.77 manual OTT. Waiting on some question responses from poster regarding tranny but do you think this would be a relatively simple swap out? See link below.

Thanks for your info.

Randy

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-classic-cars/os ... cale=en_CA

HI Randy, that engine would be almost a direct bolt in swap. It's a 1966 or maybe an early 1967 so that's great there will be some minor differences such as the better Alternator vers your current generator system. This will need a little wire change but maybe the harness comes with the engine. Good luck (y) :nod:

The block looks like a 170 to me, better check that out.
The block looks just like a 1970 170 I have but cannot see the intake well enough to tell what the head is.

Good call. That does look like a 170, not a 66 or 67 200 for sure. Note the 3 core plugs instead of five.

Good call on the freeze plugs....I should have caught that (read the performance handbook enough!). Guess I got excited as it was one that is not too far from me. The guy emailed me back and said the bell housing mates to a c4 but I will email him back and tell him what he actually has.

Thanks
Randy

Back