similarities between ford i6 and valiant slant 6?

A

Anonymous

hey all,

i have a valiant s-series 1692 model, originaly it was a 225 slant 6, but my father (who owned it b4 me) put a 273 v8 into it.

now i am completely unimpressed with the performance of the baby 8, and i just love my inline sixes.

so i am going to transplant it back to a 225 slant six.

so that brings me to my question.

what are the differences between the slant sixes crank/bore spacings, rod length and journal sizes.

see, i built a 700 odd hp ford inline six using virtualy all standard internals on the bottom end.

so basicly i just wanna see if i can transplant the rods outa a falcon, and even the crank, into a slant six and build up a turbo one of them as well.

as soon as i boost this valiant.... i'll be off to boost a 250cc kawasaki ninja road bike :p :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

cheers.joe.

The 225 four bearing forged steel crank can cop a hammering and still survive an even longer stroke. The site is awesome, just like this one, but for slanters. Haven't seen bore centres, but you must register, and share the wealth. With what you know, you could start another truly American strain of stout turboed and stroked engines, like what is happening in Aussie right now with the cross-flow sixes.

Jack and Doug have been arms trading there hugely sucessful ideas.

NG. Slant rods have larger journals, wider.
How would the crank interchange?

Slant mains are the size of a 426 hemis to makeup for the 4 mains. The rods are considerably more subtantial (and heavier) than the ford rods. Most slants perform like a parapalegic dog off the line. Its a long stroke motor make for low to mid RPM torque, however, most have almost no throttle response. Most slants are more known for being reliable than for performance. I'm not say it can't be done, but it's lots o' work.

Honestly, if you want a hot performer, bolt in a 360 small block (I know, I know). It's a straight bolt in and you wouln't belive what you can do. Just put in subframe connectors or you won't be able to open your doors for long :eek: .

If you do go the slant six route www.slantsix.org and www.slantsix.com are excellent sources of information.

Back