Electric Fuel Pump

Mr Comet

If any one converted from a mechanical to electric fuel pump please share some info namely the brand and model pump you used and where you mounted it. Thanks in advance.

Vintage inline sells them. I bought it with my Weber upgrade then chickened out.

Support those who support you!

-DrC

mount lower than tank, near tank as they R 'pushers' as I have heard...
Matt at VI is all ways the 1st check...

... depending on your fuel supply needs, the type of electric pump application is important. Are you simply replacing the mechanical pump with an inline low pressure pump or adding an electric fuel pump system suitable for fuel injection, forced induction or other performance upgrades.

have fun

Simply replacing the mechanical pump. I understand from Holley's page it 2-9 lbs pressure I need.

I run one with the 170 Pursuit Engine in my T Roadster. I can not remember what brand now and you will find smaller more compact units available now. It needs to be at the fuel tank and set to push to the Engine. Run it with a cut off switch as both anti theft and in case you have problems.

If the only reason your going to do it is to control the pressure, I highly recommend you just install a pressure regulator.
The reason I chickened out was because I read to many complaints and woes of people that can't stand the nose it makes. Since it's mounted to the frame...

I'm super happy with my regulator. And was a cinch to install.

"...and in case you have problems...."
"...I read to many complaints and woes of people..."
They R dangerous.

They R dangerous.

... only if installed without regard to standard safety practices. For safety, electric pump systems should incorporate at least an oil pressure switched power source ( with ign,/start bypass) in case of a fault/leak in fuel supply. Factory setups typically also include a rollover valve for worst case scenarios ...

https://www.summitracing.com/search?Sor ... y%20switch

IMG_0605_zpsr0fqzvnj.jpg

(250 oil pressure port tapped for FP safety oil pressure/Ign bypass switch, SC oil line feed, original lamp switch and NHRA compliant metallic cabin oil pressure gauge line.)

... personal worst case scenario involved a 'Mr G@$%^t dial type fuel regulator on a mechanical pump, which ruptured and PUMPED fuel on engine (Headers, ign etc ... ) until engine shut down ('63 Wagon Pursuit 170) ...

whasssat 'impact switch' too?
a la late 20th century, early 21st century cars

Back