New carb or new dizzy???

gimmea250swb":1eqihety said:
Thank you all again for all of the help! The carb rebuild went well I give myself an A-. No missing parts and everything fit back together :) The only issue I have right now is something is funky with the idle mixture screw. I've posted this in another thread and won't address that here to keep from dueling threads.

On a spearate note, I discovered the file size of my LOM photo was too high. Let's see if this upload works. It doesn't look like the other LOM image in this thread so hopefully somebody can help me out.

X2 you have a Load O Matic it matches the first picture above that I posted for you. Tell tale signs are the two advance springs in Plain View as well as the old style Distribitor Rotor / Cap combo. Upgrading the Distribitor to the newer type we'll make a very noticeable difference in your cars drivability. Good luck (y) :nod:

Howdy Gimmea:

That's a start. Now verify that your carb is a SCV Holley 1940. IF it is not you will still have a mismatch.

Keep it coming.

Adios, David

Thank you all again for your help! It looks like a new dizzy is on the way. I appreciate the confirmation.

If you're interested, I've rebuilt my carb and have posted the results here (viewtopic.php?f=1&t=80395&p=624030#p624030) I'm still trouble shooting the tuning but I'm getting there and learning along the way. I'm closer than I was yesterday. Unfortunately, I get home late and don't have a lot of time before it gets dark.

Again, thanks!!

This is an update post to let everybody know how things are going. I installed the new DSII and MSD that I purchased from WSA111 (Bill). I installed it yesterday with a bit of phone support from Bill. He was generous with his time and got me up and running. I had a great experience with the order process and it was nice that he followed through by giving this novice some help during the install.

Next step...tuning the carb.

Thank you Bill!

gimmea250swb":26bupgte said:
This is an update post to let everybody know how things are going. I installed the new DSII and MSD that I purchased from WSA111 (Bill). I installed it yesterday with a bit of phone support from Bill. He was generous with his time and got me up and running. I had a great experience with the order process and it was nice that he followed through by giving this novice some help during the install.

Next step...tuning the carb.

Thank you Bill!
My pleasure. Enjoy the performance. Bill

Back