Holley 1946 full rebuild kit

Gom212

I'm rebuilding my Holley 1946 carb 1v and as I was disassembling it i found that the I believe the needle where fuel inside pass the carb was broken. I was wondering if anyone knows if they sell a completely rebuilt kit for it that includes that needle. I don't how it broke but i found out why it was rattling inside. Its next to acceleration plunger and it has small holes on top near the tip. Thanks for the help

You can try Mike's Carb's he might have some spares. I also have a nice low Milage 1946 carb off a Mustang. Good luck (y) :nod:

It's not numbered or has a name on it, but you can see it on #26 the bowl cover assembly at the bottom that pointy spike. That's what broke it some how go corroded and just broke.

"...spiky..."
the fuel tube? The (IDK, ah...) 3/16th ID metal stub tube feeding the fuel into the carb?
U can put another in, but if it's the top housing/case I think it's time 4 a new carb (well we take used round here).
I must B 'off' cuz I can't imagine brass or alu caroading/rusting & crumbling.

Mike's aint only good for all those rebuild prts, using his 'order list' can ID carbs & extrapolate back to Y/M/M'n displacement, watch a rebuild vid (by da man himself!) & more.

Yeah that metal tube in the housing that fuel pass through i clean everything and it seems every part is fine except for that piece, I really don't wanna buy a new one since I'm a tight budget. I also thought it was weird that it corroded that tube but the inside the carb there was lots of corrosion so I'm thinking that maybe water got into it or they added some kind of additive.

find similar tube, saw off at place it joins the case, get progressively larger drill, clean it out & press fit ina new tube?
Don't crush case (carb top) in vice - line jaws w/copper, or have a friend hold ona bench, don't push hard, let drill do the wrk....) Gotta say it here: "You know the drill"
aaahahahaaa
:eek:
~good luck, have fun, B safe'n productive !~
(w/apologies to Leo)

Yea i was thinking that, but there's no name for it so I'll have just have to keep looking. As for the kit who sales the best one out there? I'm looking for a kit that sell complete rebuild with check ball, plunger and all.

most of us keep lauding "Mikes Carbs".
Grab a 'tube' on line or at ur local hardware store.

I just used a friend to hold 4 wooden finial I drilled so I could
re-pin broken off bed post tops. Any vice woulda crushed the finish
and wood fibers. Should B easier w/metal. BTW ask Mike, he has an e-
mail contact on his site. He gets right back 2 U ina few days. He may havea
idea or prt for the tube (off application able to put to good use here, not 'Mickey
Mouse' by any means).

You could try making one out of brass tube and copying the orginal. :nod:

Back