anny isuzu L4 people out there?

A

Anonymous

just seeing how many people there are that are familliar whith the little workhorse isuzu 1.8, 1.9, 2.0, 2.2diesles, and 2.6s? 8)

Australians and Kiwis had them all too. They are really easy to work on, and bullet proof.

Here, we had them badged as Holdens, Isuzus, all sorts, from 1976 until the just recently. We have lots of grey imports, Rodeo Bighorns or Tropers. Crazy Japanese names.

The 1.95 and 2.6 is one of the better engines size wise. The Piazza / Geo-based engines were strong, but rough.

My friend Evan likes to buy a used 'grey import' Isuzu 2.2 litre diesel van each couple of years, wring the neck out of it for 40 000 miles, and go get another one. He's a plumber. Loves GM stuff.

all that i know is that the whole isuzu KB pick up (chevy luv here in the states) is a near indestructiable truck. I have won trophies in off road obsticle courses (i have ahd 3feet of air under all fours) rolled the thing hill climbed and run i through mud. The thing refuses to die. They are built strong just like good old for inline sixes. Too bad everything isnt built like that anymore...

I work for Isuzu here in the USA. What info do ya need I'll try and help.

We stopped using the Isuzu 4 cyl in '98. Switched to the Holden twin cam for the Rodeo & Amigo. The KB Pup was replaced by the Chevy S10 with Brazilian GMC body work in '97. It used the GM 4 cyl.& 4.3ltr. V6. we stopped bringing in the Trooper and Pup diesels in '87. Had a non-Turbo and Turbo motor. Great MPG. Low power. Not high enough sales volume and emmissions killed them for the states.

There are a few Isuzu websites out there for clubs and such, but the modification stuff never really caught on here for them.

John Bakker racing used to have stuff for the Pup and Trooper, but that was a few years ago. I'm on the commercial truck side now and don't hear much about the little stuff, but I will try and find out what I can for ya.

I started with an '85 Trooper 1949cc with a snow plow. I liked it so much I picked up an '88 for the missus (2.6 5Spd). And when the '85 returned to iron oxide from the New York salted roads I got a '95 (3.2SOHC/5Spd) and moved the plow to the '88.
The '88 had 165K when I replaced the original clutch last winter and the '95 has 102K. I'll probably move the plow to it next year.
The teen son inherited the "88 and it now has more wattage in subwoofers than the 2.6 puts out.

Isuzu Troopers's are strong truck-like construction and well engineered mechanically.

site1014_t.jpg
site1013_t.jpg

Dad has one in an 82 S-10. I give him a bad time about having a 454 in it 4 cylinders 54 CID = 454

Not a power house but it does it's job and has been doing that job for a hard farm 200,000 miles. The 83 S-10 I had wouldn't go any where compared to that pickup I'd just spin and have to put it in four wheel drive to follow that two wheel drive pickup.

What all was the Diesel offered in. I tried to buy a Diesel S 10 the only one I ever saw.

Jeremy

GM offered the isuzu 2.2 diesel in s-10s in the early to mid 80s (81-85 i think) and they offered them in 80-82 luvs. Then im perty shure they put them in troopers as well. Im unshure of the years though.

The Trooper only had them in the USA in '86 and '87. No Isuzu passenger vehicles for the USA had a diesel after that.

well i think my motor pool is complete. Not long ago i picked up a killer deal on a 1990 TrooperII 4door. $700USD and all that was wrong whith it was a miss. Body and interior is good and i drove it home :D

Back