Click Here -> Please Consider Making a PayPal Contribution to the FordSix Forum!
2018 Contributors:
StarDiero75, curts56, DannyG, B RON CO, wsa111, Captainslow42, falconcritter
Econoline, THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER, 95FordFleetside, turbo6, Max_Effort, WorldChampGramp
cr_bobcat, C.S.Designs, pmuller9, gus91326, rwbrooks50, rocklord, drag-200stang, Big64my79Effie, CNC-Dude, gb500

2019 Contributors:
NJwpod, 1strodeo, mightynorseman, maxtrux, 6d7coupe, broncr, Phase3, 68Flareside240, bmbm40,
mustang6, WorldChampGramp, justintendo, BigBlue94, ags290, motorsickle1130, Rooster, ousooner919, ethanperry

Unknown->> M.Ketterer, T.Smith, J.Myers, P.McIntire - Please PM me (1966Mustang) and lemme know who you are!

New to this forum and my '66 F-100!

Moderator: Mod Squad

farmallmta

New to this forum and my '66 F-100!

Post #1 by farmallmta » Sun Aug 13, 2006 11:33 pm

Hello to you all!

Since this seems to be a very knowledgable group, I wanted to review my latest aquisition and solicit suggestions.

I bought my F-100 longbed styleside with 240ci, 3spd, 3.50:1 differential and am getting ready to do an easy restoration. The pickup, coming from Nevada, is pristine body wise although the original turquoise paint is sunfaded and the seat needs to be recovered. The whole truck has 55K miles on it (authenticated) and runs and drives really well. The elderly original owner also included several items he'd collected over the last 15 years to use for a redo of the truck before deciding he was too old and should sell it instead.

I also got:
1) an Offenhouser 360 intake manifold,
2) new Doug Thorley steel headers,
3) a fresh air hood scoop and air chamber from a '66 T-800 SuperDuty dumptruck along with the SuperDuty badges (talk about cool looking!),
4) a remanufactured BorgWarner T-85 Overdrive transmission correct for the '66 6cyl engine,
5) a rebuilt 3.70:1 positive differential for the 9" rear end,
6) a new sliding glass rear window, and
7) an complete airconditioning setup lacking only the compressor bracket for the new GM A6 compressor.

He said that while a factory AC compressor setup off a later 4.9L or 300ci would work, he suggested getting one made for the A6 compressor which IS an excellent and cheap compressor (about half the price of the factory compressors). Ford used this compressor on some of its 351 and 400 engines in the late 60's and early 70's so the PU wouldn't be Chebby gross with it under the hood.

He suggested a torquier camshaft and a Rochester Quadrajet with adapter spacer in combination with the Offy manifold. His rational for the Rochester QJet was that the primaries are quite small and will give very good gas mileage with #69 or #70 primary jets and metering rods, plus they can be gotten for about half the price of a Holley 390. Sounds reasonable to me and they ARE an excellent carburator. Ford used them on some 428's in the late 60's, so they would not be Chebby gross under the hood of a Ford!)

My goal is to get 20mpg+ in highway driving at 80mph at about 2700 rpm. I will not be heavily loading the pickup or pulling any heavy trailers. He said the pickup gets 15-17 mpg as is.

Would the described add-ons, except for the AC, of course, help me get that kind of mileage in your opinion? Any cam suggestions?

Thanks in advance for your comments!
Last edited by farmallmta on Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lazy JW
FSP Moderator

Re: New to this forum and my '66 F-100!

Post #2 by Lazy JW » Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:30 am

farmallmta wrote:
My goal is to get 20mpg+ in highway driving at 80mph at about 2700 rpm...

Would the described add-ons,... help me get that kind of mileage in your opinion?

Nope. It takes a fair amount of power to push a brick through the air at 80 mph.

Not meaning to discourage at all, but there are some physical principles that you just can't get around. Sounds like a real nice pickup though. Can you post any pictures?

Also, Welcome to the forum! Tell us about your Farmall MTA too 8)
Joe
"The White OX" 1974 F-350 300-6, Stock single exhaust, Carter YF, T-18A, Dana70 w/4.11, Flatbed dually w/dump bed. "Where no oxen are, the crib is clean, but much increase is by the strength of the ox" (Proverbs 14:4)

cdherman

Post #3 by cdherman » Mon Aug 14, 2006 7:36 am

I'd be willing to bet quite a bit that it doesn't currently get 15-17 driving 80 mph!

My 240 got 19, essentially stock with 3.25 rear.

But my dad was driving 55 mph.

Makes a huge difference.

That being said, in spite of our negative consensus about 20 mpg at 80 mph, welcome to fordsix! Moreover, it sounds like the old fellow you got the truck from has already headed you in the right direction and made a bunch of good choices. I DO think with some luck and careful driving skills that you might see 18 mpg, even better if you slow it down.

Remember, the calculation for wind power/resistance has a cubed factor in it. Higher speeds radically increase the ammount of energy needed to overcome the air resistance. This is reduced in many modern vehicles through aerodynamic designs. Our slicks are like bricks in the wind.

Good Luck!!

Oh -- for a taste of fresh original turquoise color www.hermannsonline.com/f100
'65 F100 240, swapped to C4, Autolite 1101, Pertronix

Johnny Ray
VIP Member

Post #4 by Johnny Ray » Mon Aug 14, 2006 8:15 am

Welcome to the board farmallmta! :)

8)
1969 Falcon

thunderb

Post #5 by thunderb » Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:22 am

Sounds like you struck the motherload. The old fellow knew his stuff.

As for carbs, you can score a nice Holley 390 on E-Bay for cheap. I paid $61 + shipping for mine. After tearing it apart, I realized I didn't need to rebuild it and could have just dropped it on and run.

Welcome abord. There are a lot of knowledgeable folks on here, and it's a friendly board.

ludwig
VIP Member

Post #6 by ludwig » Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:37 am

Oh -- for a taste of fresh original turquoise color www.hermannsonline.com/f100

Those look like two perfectly good daughters. How much work will they take to get back as good as new?

Livin' the dream. Dad n' daughter.

farmallmta

Post #7 by farmallmta » Mon Aug 14, 2006 3:57 pm

Thanks for the welcome, guys.

The dreaded "S" word... slow! As in, "you'd have to drive slower to get high milage." That's a problem. Out here in west Texas 80mph IS slow. I'd just be keeping up with the little old ladies in Buicks at 80mph out here, not the cattle haulers going 95-100mph.

About pictures, I will get some. I just got a new digital camera and will take them. I'll need to figure out how to include pictures in my posts, though.

By the way, JW, I've read some of your posts about your flatbed dually Ford! I'm really impressed that your truck started out with a 460 and you switched to the 300! Seems like most guys go the other way and then gripe about getting 4mpg. I'm also impressed with your selection of a mileage camshaft instead of a hotrod camshaft. Kind of the same thing I'm interested in.

Lazy JW
FSP Moderator

Post #8 by Lazy JW » Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:13 pm

It was a 360. The mileage camshaft is in my F-150, it has been doing a nice 19+ mpg at 60-65 mph. I hope to improve that a bit. I am planning a rebuild for the White Ox with a mileage cam as well.

For 80 mph cruise I would suggest a 2.47 rear gear and a T-19 (granny-tranny) transmission. The T-19 has the synchro granny gear so would be driveable and give a decent cruise rpm. My F-150 really likes a 2000 rpm cruise.
Joe
"The White OX" 1974 F-350 300-6, Stock single exhaust, Carter YF, T-18A, Dana70 w/4.11, Flatbed dually w/dump bed. "Where no oxen are, the crib is clean, but much increase is by the strength of the ox" (Proverbs 14:4)

farmallmta

Post #9 by farmallmta » Mon Aug 14, 2006 9:49 pm

Lazy JW wrote:It was a 360. The mileage camshaft is in my F-150, it has been doing a nice 19+ mpg at 60-65 mph. I hope to improve that a bit. I am planning a rebuild for the White Ox with a mileage cam as well.

For 80 mph cruise I would suggest a 2.47 rear gear and a T-19 (granny-tranny) transmission. The T-19 has the synchro granny gear so would be driveable and give a decent cruise rpm. My F-150 really likes a 2000 rpm cruise.
Joe

Thanks for the clarification, JW. I had a 360/NP435 in a '67 F-100 myself at one time. Great puller, but horrible gas mileage. Loved it when it came time to pull 5T fertilizer carts up the hilly dirt roads of north Missouri, though! Notice I said "dirt," not "gravel" (we're talking Missouri farm roads here).

OT: I can still see the huge cloud of dust as the old Ford would spin the 3.70 posilocked wheels churning up the dust in huge roostertails as it would lug down near the top of this particular long incline. Never failed to make it to the top if I got a good enough run at it. It kind of took a lot of nerve to get going fast at the bottom because that road also had a speed and load regulated narrow wooden bridge 500ft into the run (rule: ignore that hazard) 2 bad curves in it with a 200 yr old Oak tree right IN the road at the second curve (rule: DON'T ignore that hazard) with a 7'-3" clearance between it and the steep embankment on the other side. A real sphincter pucker, that spot, when you're trying to hotshot a loaded grain or fertilizer cart to the top without spinning out!

Anyway, your recomendation of a T-19 with a 2.47 rear gear is intriguing. I'd been thinking the T-85/R11OD would achieve about the same thing (2.62:1 final ratio with the 3.50 rear or 2.75 final with 3.7 diff.), but the BW R-11 unit has an overrunning clutch which would give me Georgia Overdrive (driven wheels uncoupled from the engine) going downhill or coasting in town to stoplights. Why would the T-19 be superior, do you think?

cdherman

Post #10 by cdherman » Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:08 pm

Those look like two perfectly good daughters. How much work will they take to get back as good as new?

Hehehe....

Those were some before shots (which I have stupidly mighty few of). I need to put some more "after" shots up on the web page. Just have to remember how......

At the bottom of the page is an "after shot" though its not optimal. I posted up the link mostly to inspire (I hope) our new arrival with a carribean turquoise 66!!!
'65 F100 240, swapped to C4, Autolite 1101, Pertronix

farmallmta

Post #11 by farmallmta » Mon Aug 14, 2006 11:26 pm

Herman, consider me inspired!!!! Great pics and great family!

nastyf150

Post #12 by nastyf150 » Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:05 am

a rebuilt 3.70:1 positive differential for the 9 bolt rear end

Welcome farmallmta,

If you are not going to need that rear end...I'll come to Yellow, TX and get it!!!!! :D I am not concerned with MPG on Nasty, but I am trying to keep her in her power range. The 3.08 8.8 with the M50D is 2.46 in fifth, and requires toooo much throttle to gain mph.

SOOO, let me talk you out of that 9".

Jeff
1985 1/2 Ton Short Fleetside-300ci, 272/284Crane Cam, 500 CFM Edelbrock, C-class Offy, Headers, 360ci pistons, 1.6ex/1.9in Chebby stainless, DUI/HEI Dizzy, P/P head, Mazdog 5 speed
2002 Windstar LX-to haul the SEVEN (but preggers again) NEED 15passenger F350 STAT!

Lazy JW
FSP Moderator

Post #13 by Lazy JW » Tue Aug 15, 2006 10:31 pm

farmallmta wrote:roads here). ...Anyway, your recomendation of a T-19 with a 2.47 rear gear is intriguing. I'd been thinking the T-85/R11OD would achieve about the same thing (2.62:1 final ratio with the 3.50 rear or 2.75 final with 3.7 diff.), but the BW R-11 unit has an overrunning clutch which would give me Georgia Overdrive (driven wheels uncoupled from the engine) going downhill or coasting in town to stoplights. Why would the T-19 be superior, do you think?

A 2.47 rear with direct 4th gear gives about the same ratio as a 3.08 gear with a .80 overdrive, without the parasitic losses from the extra gears incurred in the overdrive unit.

Plus, depending on which ratio granny-tranny you use, you can still have a useable low gear. The RUG tranny (3 speed w/overdrive) delivers about the same overall gear spread as does a close-ratio granny-tranny. A close-ratio T-19 would be quite driveable. The wide-ratio four-speeds have, of course, a larger spread (lower first/second/third).

The most efficient combo in terms of gear losses to friction is always direct drive in the tranny with a tall rear gear. Just the ticket for those west Texas plains 8)

My F-150 has the 2.73 rear and a T-18A.
Joe

Fred

Post #14 by Fred » Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:59 pm

I advocate the T85-R11 overdrive combo, but I am a bit biased (see my signature). I don't get better than 17 m.p.g. with my truck.

This is my turquoise long bed, but it is a V-8. My 300 six pickup is a shortbed.
1953 Customline 4 door, 215 six, overdrive
1937 Ford fordor sedan
1938 Ford coupe
1939 Ford Fordor sedan

farmallmta

Post #15 by farmallmta » Sat Aug 19, 2006 1:09 am

Fred wrote:I advocate the T85-R11 overdrive combo, but I am a bit biased (see my signature). I don't get better than 17 m.p.g. with my truck.

Wow, Fred. I'm a huge flathead fan, myself! And I like the Oliver tractor I see in your signature pic! As well as the '38-'39? coupe! And the turquoise truck! Wow. Just what I hope mine comes out looking like! I like the '52-3-4 hubcaps on yours, too. Mine has '60 Fairlane dogdish hubcaps on it.

17 mpg with the 352? pretty good, I'd say!

Fred

Post #16 by Fred » Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:13 am

Sadly the 352 does not get 17 m.p.g. I own three 1966 F100s: two longbed V-8s, one with overdrive the other with straight three on the tree, and one shortbed with 300 and overdrive. The 300 six with overdrive and 3.73 axle gets 17 on a good day. The hightest the 352 with overdrive and 3.50 axle has ever gotten is 16. The 352 without overdrive and 3.25 axle gets 15. If you decide to install the T85 let me know. You have to add a bend in the shift rod for first / reverse. I have an extra overdrive shift rod somewhere I can take a picture of. I think the longbed driveshaft will work with either transmission, but meassure to make sure.

The Oliver is a 1951 model 77 diesel row crop. The coupe is a 1938 standard. I'm impressed that you could identify both the car and the tractor from the small sig picture. Do you have any flatheads?
Last edited by Fred on Sat Aug 26, 2006 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1937 Ford fordor sedan
1938 Ford coupe
1939 Ford Fordor sedan

farmallmta

Post #17 by farmallmta » Mon Aug 21, 2006 1:48 pm

Fred wrote:If you decide to install the T85 let me know. You have to add a bend in the shift rod for first / reverse. I have an extra overdrive shift rod somewhere I can take a picture of. I think the longbed driveshaft will work with either transmission, but meassure to make sure.

The Oliver is a 1951 model 77 diesel row crop. The coupe is a 1938 standard. I'm impressed that you could identify both the car and the tractor from the small sig picture. Do you have any flatheads?

Hi, Fred, thanks for the reply about the shift rod. I'd appreciate a pic of the extra bend in the shift rod to show how that's supposed to look.

My only flathead currently is a disassembled engine (with uncracked block!) from a '46 2dr sedan. I've had a '47 coupe and a '53 Ford with a flathead V8 in the past.

I am really fond of old tractors. That diesel 77 must be a heck of a tractor. We have a '54 IH Super MTA that we use a lot, which is also a great tractor. Is the 77 considered a 2-16" or 3-14" bottom plow tractor like the MTA?

pauln

Post #18 by pauln » Thu Aug 24, 2006 1:41 am

I have a '66 F100 240 with BW T-85 (T-89 to be precise). I have gotten 19 cruising at about 65-70. Over that it does drop quickly due to the terrible aerodynamics of these bricks. I love the T-89, and amazingly enough, never fully understood how to take full advantage of them until I came across an abcient operators manual from the '30's on the web. The original idea was to minimize shifting and clutch use. You start in second (low) and shift into second high, which covers arund town use. Third and third high are for highway driving. You can also shift the gears in low range without using the clutch.

I have 3.70 gears, so I can start in second fairly comfortably empty and on flat or downhill, then drop in to second high, which makes a great around town gear, dropping back into second low when making a turn. Then I diengage OD, shift into third w/o clutch, and engage OD when I get a little more speed.

All this is lots of fun, and keeps me on my toes. You want to avoid downgrade brakes when in low range, because you get no engine braking, and the drum brakes are very feeble. Beware!

I have compared the gear ratios of this set up with the transmission comparison chart somewhere on this site, and I'm convinced this is a greta alternative: 5 evenly spaced gears (1 high and 2 low are very similar), clutchless shifting, and the knowledge most people have no idea what you're doing, especially when they ride with you and you go through all 6 gears without once using the clutch!

Fred

Post #19 by Fred » Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:43 pm

I hate to sound contrary but I am not aware of any T89 ever having an overdrive behind it. I looked. T89 transmission gears are a lot easier to find than T85 truck gears. T89s have a straight cut first / reverse sliding gear. T85 have a helical cut first / reverse slider. I could not find an R11 input shaft that was not helical cut. The local old transmission rebuilder who knows what he is talking about says one was never made.

What you probably have is a T85N-R11 combo with a T89 shifter plate. The T85N has the same gear ratios as the T89 transmissions from the same years (2.99 - 1.75 - 1.00). The T85 in my turquoise truck has exactly this combination. The T85 in my black short bed has the car gear set (2.53 - 1.60 - 1.00 or so if I remember correctly). The car input shaft is shorter than the truck and I had to have a long pilot bushing made for this combination.

In order to operate a Borg-Warner R10 or R11 overdrive like pauln is describing you need to wire the solenoid with an on / off switch instead of having it run through all the factory controls. I prefer the on / off switch setup myself. pauln is correct about the driving procedure advocated with the original overdrive units, but they were installed in cars with 4.11 and higher (numerically) rear axle ratios. With the 3.73 axle starting in second involves more clutch slipping than I like. In town I drive my truck locked out of overdrive so I get engine braking. I shift into overdrive only if I can maintain 50 m.p.h. or over.

On a semi-related note: the stock brakes on a '66 F100 are not that great. They are the same size (and I think totally the same except the self adjusters) as installed on the 1948 half ton pickups. On a '66 they are too small. I think the brakes from a '67 to whenever they switched to disk will bolt right on. I have a friend with a stock '68 and his truck has twice the brakes mine does. Both brake systems are in comparable shape. That said last weekend I towed a car on a two axle car hauling trailer from Houston to Lockhart (near Austin) with my short bed and the brakes worked. More would have been nice though.
1937 Ford fordor sedan
1938 Ford coupe
1939 Ford Fordor sedan

pauln

Post #20 by pauln » Tue Aug 29, 2006 12:52 am

Fred, You're more knowledgeable about these gear boxes then I am. The owner's manual does spec the T-85-N as the 3speed w/OD. My Warner and OD was not original; I had a transmission shop install it 13 years ago when my Ford 3 speed died. I don't know what the donor vehicle was. As far as gear ratios, some searching on the web for T-85 ratios brought up some discrepancies from what you gave (2.99,1.75.1.00); I found two sources showing a 3.17 first, and both 1.75 and 1.92 second. Are your ratios specifically for the N version of the T-85? I had previously found a source showing T-85 ratios of 2.94,1.94,1.00, and I cross checked them with my speed and rpm using a gear calculator, which seemed to confirm those ratios. I drive my truck regularly as a work vehicle, and have found OD around town really useful, as second high is a perfect ratio between second and third, which is otherwise a bit of a big drop, especially with a 240. I do usually start in first gear, but I like being able to shift up without the clutch. Also, having OD engaged eliminates most of the gear clash when shifting back into unsyncronised first gear, which was a rude awakening when I had this tranny put in, the prior Ford 3 speed having had a syncro first.

Fred

Post #21 by Fred » Thu Aug 31, 2006 12:58 pm

I could be a little off on the exact gear ratios. I have the factory shop manual set and a bunch of parts books at my parents house. I am going to visit them this weekend and hopefully I will remember to look up and write down the gear ratios for you and find an take a picture of the shift linkage too.

The T85 was made for a lot of years. I don't know exactly when it was first produced but I know it was in production in late 1948. I have a T85B-R11 out of a '49 Lincoln at my folk's place too. I do know there were at least four gear sets made with the earliest having the first / reverse gear teath angled the opposite direction that the later first / reverse gear teath were angled. The last production T85 I am aware of was the overdrive offered in the 1971 Ford F100s.
1937 Ford fordor sedan
1938 Ford coupe
1939 Ford Fordor sedan

farmallmta

Post #22 by farmallmta » Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:59 pm

Boy, you guys know your transmissions. If I recall correctly, Packard first started to use the T-85 back in '38, along with the R-11 OD unit. Other makes like Lincoln, Hudson, etc also used them.

My '49 Hudson Business Coupe has a factory equipped single lever, side loading, internal rail shift transmission with an R-11 OD unit. The rear end ratio is, get this, 5.37:1. This thing will pull a house in first gear and will do 65 mph easily. But not 75. LOL.

My father in law worked at a Chevrolet dealership as a mechanic for several months in the early 1960's. He said that while he was there he had to fix several Saginaw 3spd-OD's (R-10 units) that customers had torn out of new cars. At least one car was wrecked because a customer had failed to remember that he didn't have engine braking when OD was engaged, so he smacked into the back of a cattle truck at fairly high speed.

So, as is often the case with automotive improvements, the R10/11 overrunning clutch style overdrive is a great engineering idea and accomplishment brought low by laziness, stupidity, and downright ignorance of the average buyer. Same thing that killed Terraplane's freewheeling feature (thus the term "terraplane") of the 1930's. It's an old story, unfortunately.

I think the R-11 is the same unit, set up as underdrive when engaged, used in the Farmall SuperMTA and IH 450 series during the '50's, but I'm not sure. What I AM sure of is that it's a GREAT tractor!

Ahem. Now back to Ford pickups!

Fred

Post #23 by Fred » Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:39 pm

The following is mostly off topic since it deals only with Borg-Warner overdrives, but hopefully it is interesting enough that people won't mind.

The earliest Borg-Warner electric overdrive I am aware of was optional for 1935 Chrysler, Desoto, Nash, and Studebaker cars. In 1936 you could buy a Chrysler, Desoto, Hupmobile, Nash, La-Fayette, or Studebacker with B-W overdrive, or you could buy a Graham with both a supercharger and B-W overdrive. Somewhere during these years Reo and Pierce-Arrow also had B-W overdrive available, but I don't know when. I am using a 1939 edition of Chilton's Flat Rate and Tune Up manual for reference. The Reo and Pierce-Arrow parts are not covered in this book so I don't know when they each offered overdrive. As of 1939 these companies were the only to offer B-W overdrives.

I am aware of four different B-W electric overdrive designs: R6, R9, R10 and R11. The R6 was used in light passenger cars and was offered before WW2. The R9 was used in large passenger cars and was offered before WW2. Some time around 1948 the R6 and R9 units were replaced with more simple R10 and R11 units. The R10 units are the most common B-W overdrives around and were available in most entry level American cars at one time or other during the 1950s. Ford offered this as an option starting in 1949 in the cars and 1953 in half ton pickups and continued to offer it until some time in the 1960s for cars and through 1964 on F100s. The R11 unit was used behind big block V-8 and blown small block V-8 (think Studebaker, Avanti, and 1957 T-bird) cars. In 1965 Ford retired the 292 and replaced it with the 352 FE big block. When this happened the overdrive option in the F100s was changed to the R11 design.
1937 Ford fordor sedan
1938 Ford coupe
1939 Ford Fordor sedan

madmaxetc

Post #24 by madmaxetc » Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:18 pm

welcome to the board!

This is the place for I6 info!!

For other stuff about your truck try www.slick60s.org

I am over there as well. I have a 63 F-100 that I am putting a 460/c6 into.

again, WELCOME!
Dan

Daily Driver: '67 F-250 Converted to F-100 LWB / 300 / T-5 / 9" 3.70:1 / 235/75R15 Tires
1/4 mile in 17.64s @ 75mph (it's 4200lbs!!!)

Photobucket Pictures

Fred

Post #25 by Fred » Tue Sep 05, 2006 10:39 am

I checked some gears I have this weekend and this is the tooth count for T85N gears: input gear 17 teeth, second gear 25 teeth, first / reverse slider 31 teeth, cluster gear 31, 26, 19, and I didn't check reverse.

The gear ratios for the T85N are then: first - 2.975 to 1, second - 1.753 to 1, third - 1 to 1, and overdrive .72 to 1. First overdrive is 2.142 to 1 and second overdrive is 1.262 to 1.
1937 Ford fordor sedan
1938 Ford coupe
1939 Ford Fordor sedan

adrianspeeder

Post #26 by adrianspeeder » Wed Sep 06, 2006 1:09 pm

Awsome lookin trucks guys!

Adrianspeeder
[url=http://www.supermotors.net/users/Adrianspeeder]'02 F250 PSD, '97 F150 4.6, '87 F150 300, '79 F100 302,
'79 F150 Dually 351M, '71 F100 302, '66 F250 352,
Broncos: '92 XLT 302, '88 XLT 302, '84 Lariat 351HO[/url]

USAF C-17 Avionics Tech DAFB

Fred

Post #27 by Fred » Wed Sep 06, 2006 4:18 pm

Here is what the first / reverse shift looks like:

Note the last bend in the shift rod is not there on trucks equiped with 3.03 transmissions.
1937 Ford fordor sedan
1938 Ford coupe
1939 Ford Fordor sedan

farmallmta

Post #28 by farmallmta » Thu Sep 07, 2006 11:15 am

Thanks for the pictures, Fred! Especially since it seems you had to crawl under you PU to get those pictures.

By the way, the pickup looks great underneath, too. My compliments!

Clay