Click Here -> Please Consider Making a PayPal Contribution to the FordSix Forum!
2019 Contributors:
NJwpod, 1strodeo, mightynorseman, maxtrux, 6d7coupe, broncr, Phase3, 68Flareside240, bmbm40,
mustang6, WorldChampGramp, justintendo, BigBlue94, ags290, motorsickle1130, Rooster, ousooner919, ethanperry
rzcrisis, DoctorC, jamyers, Motorboy, fastpat, Silverback280, chad

<<< New Site Update >>>

Aussie speed intake manifold and valve cover.

Moderator: Mod Squad

Pmelsness90

Aussie speed intake manifold and valve cover.

Post #1 by Pmelsness90 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 10:08 am

Curious if anybody on here has purchased the new intake manifold from Aussie speed, or the valve cover and lifter cover they offer all of it looks really nice.

jgregg13

Re: Aussie speed intake manifold and valve cover.

Post #2 by jgregg13 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 2:20 pm

I don't have one, so can't report. But I'm going to Adelaide in March to visit my daughter, so I'll go talk to them about the intake. They say it will accommodate injectors which is what I would want, but the cast injector bosses appear to be at a different angle from the stock EFI manifold, so I'm concerned that the stock fuel rail may not work. Cost and shipping cost are also a concern for a Canadian. If I can get a good deal and put it in my suitcase, maybe.

Pmelsness90

Post #3 by Pmelsness90 » Tue Oct 08, 2019 4:52 pm

That would be nice to be able to talk to those guys direct about it, it looks like a well designed manifold.

arse_sidewards

Post #4 by arse_sidewards » Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:12 am

jgregg13 wrote:They say it will accommodate injectors which is what I would want, but the cast injector bosses appear to be at a different angle from the stock EFI manifold, so I'm concerned that the stock fuel rail may not work.

The stock fuel rail is very compliant. It would have to be a mile off to not work with effort the first time and then fit easily every time after that. Worst case you bend the tabs and maybe cut the slots a little bigger with a dremel.
1994 F150 4x4 8ft, engine is basically stock.

66" leafs, extended radius arms, lockers in both ends, nothing special.

clintonvillian

Post #5 by clintonvillian » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:17 pm

Educate me a little bit on the stock fuel rail....

What type of connections are on the end of it? Is it something you can connect a non stock fuel line to? Is there a way to get adapted to AN fittings?

I had just assumed that you would need a custom fuel rail, can the stock be made to work with little effort in a custom application?

arse_sidewards

Post #6 by arse_sidewards » Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:50 pm

clintonvillian wrote:Educate me a little bit on the stock fuel rail....

What type of connections are on the end of it? Is it something you can connect a non stock fuel line to? Is there a way to get adapted to AN fittings?

I had just assumed that you would need a custom fuel rail, can the stock be made to work with little effort in a custom application?

Look on eBay for a used one if you want pictures. It's a one piece rail with both the feed and return at the rear of the engine and three tabs that bolt to the EFI lower. The cups accept a typical fuel injector. The connections are a typical bell shaped "quick" disconnect that take a cylindrical fitting with O-rings and are retained by a spring (also commonly found on A/C systems). Adapters to AN lines are available. You can buy replacement fittings and weld a 37 JIC to them if you want something functionally equivalent but cheaper. The stock lines are really simple and high quality braided stainless with a rubber sheath and I would strongly consider using them for any truck/van application since they're a drop in fit. The primary limitation in my mind is that you can't get an off the shelf adjustable fuel pressure regulator to fit the stock location but that's not exactly a hard problem to solve.
1994 F150 4x4 8ft, engine is basically stock.

66" leafs, extended radius arms, lockers in both ends, nothing special.

jgregg13

Post #7 by jgregg13 » Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:17 pm

Here are photos of the stock fuel rail.

Pmelsness90

Post #8 by Pmelsness90 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:03 pm

I guess this means this manifold is still too new for everybody in the states, it is nice to see them making a tall valve cover and lifter cover to match they look really nice and sturdy.

Max_Effort

Post #9 by Max_Effort » Thu Oct 10, 2019 6:28 pm

Pmelsness90 wrote:I guess this means this manifold is still too new for everybody in the states, it is nice to see them making a tall valve cover and lifter cover to match they look really nice and sturdy.

Are they available in the USA? It’s a lot more expensive than an Offy manifold, especially if you must pay shipping from AU. Unless you need the injector bosses, (and they can be added to the Offy) it would have to be a significant performance improvement to be worthwhile.

All their parts do look nice. They say the side cover will on fit 83 and earlier blocks.

Pmelsness90

Post #10 by Pmelsness90 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:54 pm

On the website they say they ship to,the U.S. once enough orders has been filled, they are more than the offy but they look better in my opinion i would imagine the performance is pretty similar but they look like they have longer runners than the offy.

sdiesel

Post #11 by sdiesel » Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:09 am

pretty.
I've been enamored with their slant 6 and now, I know they make a ford...
money is essentially the same between excange rates
a C manifold here is 370.
aussiespeed 373 at current exchange.
a local contact there and shipping, charges are all it takes to have one in my hands, no, 2 I want two, and a slant 6 manifold........oh dear, oh dear please confiscate my credit card b4 someone gets hurt.
is there any adult supervision on this forum?
a long love affair with the 300 six.
my lastest and final fling is a fresh 300 in an 88 ford f350 dually 4X flatbed