All Small Six 1963 Falcon wagon 200 six Gear Vendor overdrive I-80 freeway California foothills

This relates to all small sixes

78_200_C4

Famous Member
This video is getting on a California foothills I-80 on ramp then heading uphill then to Old Auburn California.
My Falcon is a 63 wagon with a a 78 200 six, .060 milled D7 head, stock 256 Enginetech cam, 68 2" outlet exhaust manifold, C4 Gear Vendor overdrive + 3.25 gears. I have 6 forward gears.
The camcorder external microphone is inside the air cleaner.
This section of I-80 is rough and makes the camcorder shake so I cut most of it out.

Last edited:
That is an awesome wagon. Probably surprising to many motorists seeing a 63 Falcon wagon flying along like that. Sounds good too.
Yea people are surprised. It does 85 mph at 3,000 rpm.
I can now cruise at high speed around I-80 curves with my new $233.79 Lares 16-1 steering box from Rockauto.
I thought old box was tight and adjusted right until I installed the steering box.

That is great performance for a stockish? 200 and as you stated keeping in the powerband with six gears. What are the details of your exhaust/muffler system?

That is great performance for a stockish? 200 and as you stated keeping in the powerband with six gears. What are the details of your exhaust/muffler system?
The sound is coming from a microphone in the air cleaner. Exhaust is a 68 2" outlet exhaust manifold which goes into a 2" pipe. From about the trans mount back over the rear end is 2-1/4". The muffler is a 2-1/2" turbo with a 2-1/2" tail pipe.

Back