All Small Six 2Bbl Cyl Head mod'

This relates to all small sixes

powerband

2K+
VIP
... today began attempting a Log manifold 2Bbl mod' for Blow-thu 2300 / 7448 carb . Adding to challenge, prefer build without carb' fuel bowl above Exhaust manifold as a rule. Current 2 X 1 adapter limits boost performance,

typical angle grinder cutter wheel worked the cast manifold easily and larger 8" flat grind wheel got it almost flat carefully with a straight edge.

, . V

futile try at drilling the cast for 2nd carb port with quality hole saw didn't get far, enlarged ports for 1-1/2" carb throttle bores with a small stone on a drill.

the curing epoxy was added to edge for increased gasket land width

... tomorrow may try 'casting' an @ 1/2" thick spacer / riser from manifold to the alum. 1" spacer used as carb port gauge.
Spacer/ riser would be best to match original manifold slant to level carb.

3D printer would probly' make simple, may try epoxy or 2K panel stuff i have .

issues 🫡 ?

> casting is very thin where tapping needed for some carb riser fasteners? .

> what casting material to be used for a wedge shaped riser/spacer ?.

>what angle front to back and is level correction really needed for carb anyway ?

continue attempt after epoxy cures tomorrow ...

suggestions / info appreciated, anecdotes - not so much...

have fun

... today began attempting a Log manifold 2Bbl mod' for Blow-thu 2300 / 7448 carb . Adding to challenge, prefer build without carb' fuel bowl above Exhaust manifold as a rule. Current 2 X 1 adapter limits boost performance,

issues 🫡 ?

> casting is very thin where tapping needed for some carb riser fasteners? .

> what casting material to be used for a wedge shaped riser/spacer ?.

>what angle front to back and is level correction really needed for carb anyway ?

continue attempt after epoxy cures tomorrow ...

suggestions / info appreciated, anecdotes - not so much...

have fun
1. For the thin area of the Log Head that needs to be tapped maybe you could use some Nut-Serts for them or glue a Nut and washer inside the Log with the Epoxy. Dose that Epoxy stand up to the Fuel?

2. I don't know what Casting Material you could use for doing the wedge shape. But maybe you could machine it out of some Phenolic Material and even incorporate the Carb Mounting Plate into it also.

3. The Angle to get the Carb Level is usually 3.5 degrees for most stock Ford Cars setting on level ground with the same size Wheels and Tires at each end. This also might be a little more or less depending on if you have the stock height Motor Mounts in the front and or are using a custom height Trans Crossmember. Do you happen to have an Angle finder you can check it with?

Best of luck, I also will be doing the same thing very soon on a Custom build Carb setup.

Perhaps you could start by mounting bolts, from inside the log and pointing up, and then place a nuts on top of the log so secure the bolts. Using a long enough bolts would allow additional threads to continuing past the nuts that have been used to anchor the bolts to the log. These additional (above nut) threads would serve as a stud onto which you could place your adapter and carburetor. So that the adapter would sit flush on the log, you could countersink holes on the underside of the adapter (to accept the nuts, allowing the adapter to sit flat on the log). The adapter could then be sandwiched between the top of the log and the carburetor and held in place by using the carburetor hold down nuts (i.e, holding down both the adapter and the carburetor to the log).

It sounds goofy -- but might work well enough and provide a stable-enough base to allow you to torque the carburetor mounting bolts with more holding power (than would be afforded by the limited threads that would have been available if you had placed bolts through/from the top of the carburetor/adapter into the thin material remaining on the top of the log).

Last edited:
"Perhaps you could start by mounting bolts, from inside the log and pointing up, and then place a nuts on top of the log so secure the bolts...
It sounds goofy -- but might work well enough..."

that's exactly what my initial response is ! , I don't want to distort the thinner casting and clamping rather than torqued fastening should be considered...

successful previous Offy 3 X 2 plenum build used 'captive' nuts in thin steel plenum for adequate clamping/sealing.

. . . .
. /

hav e fun

"Perhaps you could start by mounting bolts, from inside the log and pointing up, and then place a nuts on top of the log so secure the bolts...
It sounds goofy -- but might work well enough..."

that's exactly what my initial response is ! , I don't want to distort the thinner casting and clamping rather than torqued fastening should be considered...

successful previous Offy 3 X 2 plenum build used 'captive' nuts in thin steel plenum for adequate clamping/sealing.

. . . .
. /

hav e fun
Good - I wasn't sure that I had written my description in a way that would allow someone else to envision what I was thinking about. In any case, good luck - I will follow along vicariously.

Back