exhaust drone

Mine gets a drone above 80 or so. By then I'm pretty busy just keeping it in a straight line due to the stock steering system that it really doesn't bother me. Plus my wife doesn't like to ride in it so I don't have to worry about keeping up a conversation.

Hey guys,
Interesting read. I have the long tube header and dual flowmasters. The guy I bought the car from put it all in himself and didn't run it all the way to the back so it dumps in front of the rear axle, just out the back of the mufflers. I pretty much HATE the sound inside the wagon... too loud and I guess drone too. I hear it mostly when I start out since its a 4 speed, as I let the clutch out it MOOOOAAAAANNNNS.

I was told it's just cause of where the pipes end and that if I run it all the way out the back it'll be better. I'm starting to wonder now. I'd rather it just be quieter since it's no barn burner and my roadster already makes enough noise for the neighbors! :D

Thanks for any advice.

I cant speak for the glasspacks but I have first hand knowledge of the forty series muffs on a 350 chevy wagon, and it's the muffler design nothing else not the pipe size or crossover or lack there of. Change the mufflers and you will see the difference in tone, sorry you spent the cash on them you might have to do it again. the forty fours are not as bad so they say. two chamber mufflers have there place but it's not for every one.
I put a set on my one ton and they're great, but the muffler is under the bed not cab away from the occupants in the vehicle.
And if you got to have them like I do change the gearing up or down to get away from that pitch.

Grocery Getter,

I wish I had the problem with high temps in my car. I have a hard time keeping it running when it's below 60 outside. It likes to run at about 190 to 210. Any cooler than that, where the motor sitting at around 170-180 and it'll stall out on me at just about every intersection. To get it that hot, I cover the radiator with cardboard. I'd like to someday rig up some sort of louvre (sp) system so I can open and close the air flow to some extent. She's really cold hearted, but I love her that way! lol

I've tried the high temp silicone and it went through that after a few days. May I need to put it on thicker??

Ted

Back