Ford 200 carb and distributor upgrade

66mustang0103

I currently have an autolite 1100 and the stock dizzy but I am wanting to go away from that. One question I have is will a holley 5200 work in place of a weber 32/36? I am thinking of buying this one off of ebay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1975-1976-FORD- ... f4&vxp=mtr

Since classic inlines is down for the moment I will wait for as long as I can before buying the adapter from clifford.

Second is I would like to upgrade to the DSII distributor to match the carb. I have been looking on ebay and junkyards but was wondering if a V-8 distibutor would work if I swapped to a 6 cylinder cap? Also where could I source a dyna module as well?

If there is any other suggestions let me know.

Thanks Josh

The holley and the weber do have the same footprint and can be interchanged. I would recommend you look at a genuine weber though as those 5200's are webers by design, holley made some changes in them that are not in your favour. There are some circuits in that carb that are not adjustable like e genuine weber and they are set at the wrong values for our displacement. They were built and tuned for 2 litre pinto engines and are hard to make work for our stuff.

A new genuine weber is not that expensive and will be very tunable. You'll thank me. 8)

first fox is right, to a point. the 5200 is a good carb to use, but it does have many different applications. while it might have originally been designed to go on the 2.0l, it was also put on the 2.6 and 2.8l V6s.

You may be able to use the Holley 5200 since it is a knock-off of the Weber 32/36 (under license from Weber of course).
The carb you show from eBay is for a Pinto 2.3L, so it will have to be rejetted for your 200.
You may want to read this post about jetting:
viewtopic.php?t=23153

As for a DSII, I recommend purchasing a recurved one from wsa111 or one of the other persons selling them.
A recurved distributor will give you the best performance.

Hope this helps.

From what all yall have said I will defiantly go with a genuine Weber 32/36. Since it is hard to buy from classic Inlines right now would you suggest waiting them out or buying a new carb from else where? If so where else can I buy one from that is a good company. Here soon I will contact WSA111 about a new distributor. Thanks for all the advice that is exactly what I was looking for. Is there any other modifications that would go good with this?

Also with the distributor, would it be best to have the dyna module or would it be good to run another type of box like a msd 6a or something of the sort?

Thanks again Josh

How is the linkage on the carb going to work, I have been trying to search other threads but no luck ( I may just being using the search function wrong) am I going to need to upgrade a to cable linkage instead?

I got my Webers from webercarbsdirect and had good experiences with them. Actually I have a 32/36 and a 38/38 that I hardly put any miles on, a 2 to 1 carb adapter for the small log, and a jet kit that I'm not using anymore since I switched to a large log with a direct mount Autolite. If you're interested I could check out their condition when I get home on Thursday.

Thanks for the picture that helped!

kerb12":4t60axe0 said:
I got my Webers from webercarbsdirect and had good experiences with them. Actually I have a 32/36 and a 38/38 that I hardly put any miles on, a 2 to 1 carb adapter for the small log, and a jet kit that I'm not using anymore since I switched to a large log with a direct mount Autolite. If you're interested I could check out their condition when I get home on Thursday.

Am definitely interested. Ill send you a pm Josh

Back