All Small Six fors 200 with OZ-250-2v Head carb questions

This relates to all small sixes

dawnovsky

HI every one,
Hope all of you are doing great.

I have 2 mustang with a 200 block, 250-2V head from Australia, Holley 350 (7448 serie) DS2 ignition.
I did the upgrade about 10 years ago and have been relatively happy with it.
However the car always had a strong smell of unburnt fuel and an approximative idle, especially when cold, especially in gear.

since the car is now living in a fully closed garage, the smell is hard to handle as it sometime gets into the floor in the house.

I am trying to investigate and see i I can make thign a bit better.

I have always thought the 350 CFM from holley was a but too big for the setting (thanks to classic inline literrature). Mine is working good in the power range, no hesitation .has stock Jet (61). paris france elevation is about 300ft and average temp around 15C
the planned Holley tech page on classic inline unfortunately never gets alive.

What do you guy would be using with such setting ?
Should I rejet the thing ?

best regards and thnk you for your answer.

Adjust the choke one notch leaner. After the engine is warm adjust the idle mixture close to 13.1 using an A/F ratio wideband.
Cruise should be 14.3 to 14.9. Cruise can be changed by main jets.
WOT should be 12.8-13.1 on non ethanol fuel. 12.3-12.5 with ethanol fuel. WOT can only be changed by the orifice below the power valve. I tap mine with a 6-32 & install a brass 6-32 set screw drilled to the size that gives you those readings.
CAUTION when tapping not to go too much. You want the 6-32 to be flush with the surface below the power valve.

Attachments

• Metering Block.JPG
    11.7 MB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Adjust the choke one notch leaner. After the engine is warm adjust the idle mixture close to 13.1 using an A/F ratio wideband.
Cruise should be 14.3 to 14.9. Cruise can be changed by main jets.
WOT should be 12.8-13.1 on non ethanol fuel. 12.3-12.5 with ethanol fuel. WOT can only be changed by the orifice below the power valve. I tap mine with a 6-32 & install a brass 6-32 set screw drilled to the size that gives you those readings.
CAUTION when tapping not to go too much. You want the 6-32 to be flush with the surface below the power valve.
I have a manual choke.
I think investing in a basic afR won’t be a waste of money.
Suggestion on an affordable model ??

Thanks

Eventually replace the fuel pump. Why in the world i haven’t have that done before. Engine is starting so much better, idling so much better and seems to smell much better too. Pump was not leaking in the engine oil but seeming a bit . Membrane pump had to be replace anyway. It is said there are commonly failing . Mine was original 😂😂

Many thanks guys .

Back